Leon Best

Godot

Just about every time Lovenkrands starts, we're completely s*** and he's anonymous.

Honestly, what do you see of Best that makes you impressed? Honestly, he's fucking slow, terrible header, sure he can put the odd goal away and so can I ffs the chances he's had are easy a hell. He's awful, sorry, but that's the Best ;) we got.

Just about every time Lovenkrands starts, we're completely s*** and he's anonymous.

Honestly, what do you see of Best that makes you impressed? Honestly, he's f***ing slow, terrible header, sure he can put the odd goal away and so can I ffs the chances he's had are easy a hell. He's awful, sorry, but that's the Best ;) we got.

Lol Love the pun

Honestly, what do you see of Best that makes you impressed? Honestly, he's f***ing slow, terrible header, sure he can put the odd goal away and so can I ffs the chances he's had are easy a hell. He's awful, sorry, but that's the Best ;) we got.

LolLo

Where did I mention Best in that post? Any excuse to have a go at the lad.

Might be something to do with the fact the rest of our strikers have problems with this?

:dontknow:

TBH Best isn't THAT bad but I do think that he and Lovenkrands have no chance together. IMO Ranger should be playing alongside Best as they both compliment each other. All you need do is look at today when Ranger came On

I do understand that he;s an impact player,but who else do we have, I mean are we seriosuly gonna stick with Lovenkrands???

We got to stick with Loven yes. He's a compatible player that needs passes in the room behind the defenders. Sadly our midfield does not function that way right now. Nolan is not contributing outside the box offensively, leaving everything to Barton who plays out wide. As a result Loven does not get the balls he craves after. He's an expert luring the offside trap, but that doesn't do anything good because he receives no passes when the room opens and he starts his run.  When Ben Arfa and Ireland is back, they will give him breakthrough passes, which will give him a new dimension. The same also goes for Carroll: The main reason for his success is Bartons fantastic crosses.  Interesting to see him in Pool now, they have no wingers capable of hitting it like Barton, except for Gerrard, but he plays in the center now

He's got something about him, I think we can all tell that.  It's just going to be harnessing that and moving forward from there.  He makes some good runs and has decent enough awareness which are two very important qualities in a striker.  His positioning and heading need work though.

TBH Best isn't THAT bad but I do think that he and Lovenkrands have no chance together. IMO Ranger should be playing alongside Best as they both compliment each other. All you need do is look at today when Ranger came On

I do understand that he;s an impact player,but who else do we have, I mean are we seriosuly gonna stick with Lovenkrands???

We got to stick with Loven yes. He's a compatible player that needs passes in the room behind the defenders. Sadly our midfield does not function that way right now. Nolan is not contributing outside the box offensively, leaving everything to Barton who plays out wide. As a result Loven does not get the balls he craves after. He's an expert luring the offside trap, but that doesn't do anything good because he receives no passes when the room opens and he starts his run.  When Ben Arfa and Ireland is back, they will give him breakthrough passes, which will give him a new dimension. The same also goes for Carroll: The main reason for his success is Bartons fantastic crosses.  Interesting to see him in Pool now, they have no wingers capable of hitting it like Barton, except for Gerrard, but he plays in the center now

The carroll bit is 100 percent true, but tbh I think we shld be playing the 442 with ranger and best at this current moment with Lovenkrands as a sub for the left hand side

Where did I mention Best in that post? Any excuse to have a go at the lad.

Well this is a thread about Leon Best :lol:

tbh I think we shld be playing the 442 with ranger and best at this current moment with Lovenkrands as a sub for the left hand side

:no:

I didnt say he should actually PLAY, just be a spare

Loven is a handy player when we scores first, because then the opponent must attack leaving room behind the defenders which he can run in. In the opposite scenario this is much harder, since most team then will sit low, denying the room Loven needs.

Loven is a handy player when we scores first, because then the opponent must attack leaving room behind the defenders which he can run in. In the opposite scenario this is much harder, since most team then will sit low, denying the room Loven needs.

I think we're gonna have 2 agree to disagree cause this could go on all night lol

Guest vainsharpdad

Looks like our most goodest bet is going to be to play 4-5-1 - with either one of Shola/Best/Ranger (whichever is allowed to be fit at the time) up front and with Nolan or Ireland 'in the hole'

Looks like our best bet is going to be to play 4-5-1 - with either one of Shola/Best/Ranger (whichever is allowed to be fit at the time) up front and with Nolan or Ireland 'in the hole'

:boomboom:

Looks like our best bet is going to be to play 4-5-1 - with either one of Shola/Best/Ranger (whichever is allowed to be fit at the time) up front and with Nolan or Ireland 'in the hole'

:boomboom:

Agree.. Ireland must play behind the attacker though. Nolan doesn't have the mobility and is not able to  hold the ball..We've experienced a couple of counter attacks because of him because he loses the ball when the rest of the team is racing forward. Sholadinhio has in this respect been excellent this season. Against Arsenal away he was exceptional.

And Tdeans this time you're correct :)

Guest Stephen927

He doesn't excel in any particular area, can see why he's spent most of his career in the lower leagues. He's got 4 goals, 3 against a poor defence, fair play to him and I'm aware the situation with the clubs finances may not allow us to purchase an upgrade at this time, but I'd really rather he doesn't stay here too long.

Guest VegasToon

Put down? He can't be, the guy defies gravity:

http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/galleries/sport/football/foc/large/20110205_17_gyi0063322661.jpg

:lol:

Looks like Best is going after Tiote for that raping Tiote gave him in the West Ham game.

He played with more confidence today than he did at Fulham, where he looked embarrassed to be on the pitch. He's never going to be a first choice Premiership striker, but if he at least goes out there with a positive attitude, he can do a job for us.

Shite but a worker. Better than Pingel/McDonald. Tries harder than Owen/Viduka/Martins. Can't fault his effort.

Edit - i.e. better than the strikers we had when we were relegated.