Leon Best

Godot

Still find him very frustrating to watch personally. Couldn't be happier with his goalscoring form and he shows some real glimpses of quality every now and then, but very often has very little positional awareness or intelligence off the ball. Hope he can work on this in the near future.

Definitely glad to have him on our books and looking a really shrewd purchase in today's market - especially considering his age.

Guest Heneage

Could he have what they claim Owen and Torres have in the form of playing poorly but then just popping up with a finish. Obviously he's not in that bracket but I mean a similar kind of situation.

Has paid us back value for money wise imo.

Absolutely. I still don't really rate him, but he's risen to the challenge pretty well and is playing out of his skin at the moment. He's been a great little poacher for us in the last few games.

Honestly don't think he is, yet. Take the situation in the second half at 2-0 up, ball gets played into him just inside the area, he looks at the goal, gets half a yard on his man but then hesitates before knocking the ball down the channel and eventually back to Jonas.

A fully-firing, top form Leon Best smacks that ball as soon as he gets a sniff at goal, he's definitely proven that he has the technique, think he's the type of player who will only get better with a constant, injury-free run in the team.

Whether that is ultimately good enough to be a number 9 for NUFC is up for debate.

Has paid us back value for money wise imo.

Absolutely. I still don't really rate him, but he's risen to the challenge pretty well and is playing out of his skin at the moment. He's been a great little poacher for us in the last few games.

Honestly don't think he is, yet. Take the situation in the second half at 2-0 up, ball gets played into him just inside the area, he looks at the goal, gets half a yard on his man but then hesitates before knocking the ball down the channel and eventually back to Jonas.

A fully-firing, top form Leon Best smacks that ball as soon as he gets a sniff at goal, he's definitely proven that he has the technique, think he's the type of player who will only get better with a constant, injury-free run in the team.

Whether that is ultimately good enough to be a number 9 for NUFC is up for debate.

:nods:

He's not brilliant, but I think there is still better to come from him.

Pardew said on SSN after the game that he just 'couldn't move anymore'. Sounds like he just seized up and didn't have the energy to go on.

A good rest in the next couple of weeks and he should be fit :thup:

I still see him as a bits pieces striker. I am surprised we haven't seen him really smack one in yet, as I remember him whacking a few gooduns for Yeovil iirc.

Didn't he hit the bar with "the goal that never was" during the championship? He also scored a screamer for Cov in his last few games for them IIRC

Pardew said on SSN after the game that he just 'couldn't move anymore'. Sounds like he just seized up and didn't have the energy to go on.

I'm sure that it was the studs in the thigh as Stu mentioned.

Absolutely hate seeing him upfront but well done on his recent goals like, fair play.

Aye, it's shite having someone who just seems to score.

Dunno how he does it, but his name always seems to be on the bloody scoresheet :undecided:

;)

I'm sure that it was the studs in the thigh as Stu mentioned.

:dontknow: Just repeating what Pardew said

I still see him as a bits pieces striker. I am surprised we haven't seen him really smack one in yet, as I remember him whacking a few gooduns for Yeovil iirc.

Didn't he hit the bar with "the goal that never was" during the championship? He also scored a screamer for Cov in his last few games for them IIRC

I am not sure tbh. Having a look at "Yeovil Town FC - Leon Best goal highlights" on youtube I remember that goal he scored about 1min.

Seems to be improving all the time. Must have felt like he was carrying quite a weight after AC's departure, but he's working hard to take his big chance. If he carries on at this rate he'll have earned a spot in the striker pool for next season. Well pleased to see him so pleased at the end.

Was it Plymouth?

Was it Plymouth?

I thought when we signed him he hadn't scored for a while? Might be wrong.