Your First Toon Game?

TheGuv

Guest magpie99

Benwell

Yes, thats the one. I cannot remember really who played left back, wether it was Frank Clarke or not but I seem to recall seeing Colin Clish playing full back at some stage.

God, we saw some shockers. Do you remember Eric Ross, the bespectacled left winger? What about Tommy Knox, Keith Kettleborough? Yeah, there were some real dozzies over the years.

I live in Australia now and have done so for over 30 years. I was just back at Christmas for the first time in 8 years and my mate got me tickets for the City game on Boxing Day, in the gallowgate, pretty damn central too. I remember looking at the digital clock on the side of thepitch and it showed, 4 minutes, 56 seconds. We were already 2-0 down. What a disapointment. Never mind, I have beeb basically pleased with the season to date considering the turmoil we have been through in recent years.

Thanks for the comment about the other thread. I find a lot of people on this forum somnetimes too negative and unprepared to give credit where itis due. Perhaps, they are not old enough yet to have experienced life's great changes yet.

Guest magpie99

Ian

well, one thing you could say is that it has never been boring. At least one thing we oldies can say. We have seen the club win a major trophy in our time. Some havent had that luxury.

Mind you, I was at Wembley in 74 and 76.

Ian

well, one thing you could say is that it has never been boring. At least one thing we oldies can say. We have seen the club win a major trophy in our time. Some havent had that luxury.

Mind you, I was at Wembley in 74 and 76.

Soon after I started watching football, England won the World Cup and three years later we won the Fairs Cup. I thought life was always going to be like that.

Newcastle - Watford, 1986. 2-2 draw.

lee clarke header past david james ?

my mates wedding day. went to the match then the evening doo and another mate had a spectacularly entertaining falling out with his lass.

my mates wedding day. went to the match then the evening doo and another mate had a spectacularly entertaining falling out with his lass.

Lee Clarke in 1986? surprised if true.

31.12.1977 Liverpool home L0-2

Ahhhhhh ...... the good old days...... smell of relegation in the air ......... shitty owners ....... how things have changed  :laugh:

QPR the same season for me, we were all but relegated and lost 0-3, although my Dad assures me he took me to Ollie Burton's testamonial in 73.

Only missed a handful of home games since.

Lee Clarke in 1986? surprised if true.

Have we ever had a player called Lee Clarke?

Lee Clark in 1986? surprised if true.

Have we ever had a player called Lee Clark?

yeah- he is now huddersfields manager

Nice edit. :lol:

Nice  E-dit. :lol:

:smug:

29th August 1983.

Shrewsbury (h)

In the benches right next to the leazes

Lost 0-1.

David Mills had a shocker as far as I remember!

Remember looking down towards the Gallowgate and thinking "thats where I wanna be!"