Is our medical team incompetent?

Punk77
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Mantis

Arsenal have had more injuries than anybody this season (fact) and it's just pure luck, nothing more.

Total bollocks.  Suppose the Gods decide eh?

Arsenal have had more injuries than anybody this season (fact) and it's just pure luck, nothing more.

If you're into that, aye. If not, fate/luck.

Also have more possession than most team, increasing the likelihood of being tackled.

It's not the medical staff that are the problem, is the threadbare squad.

Not really threadbare to be fair, it's the biggest squad we've had for a while!

Sorry, the second statement is regarding Newcastle not Arsenal.

I must admit I have always been sceptical of the medical team because we always seemed Blighted by injuries.

Maybe the fact that When Andy Carroll was with us they said heMAYhave been ready for our next game when in fact it has been another 4 /5 weeks. Bit harsh calling the med team incompetent though.

Also have more possession than most team, increasing the likelihood of being tackled.

It's not the medical staff that are the problem, is the threadbare squad.

Not really threadbare to be fair, it's the biggest squad we've had for a while!

Sorry, the second statement is regarding Newcastle not Arsenal.

Oh, I agree with it then.

Steven Carr departed NUFC for retirement after the medical staff totally fucked up his treatment and recovery. I doubt he was the only one. Only last few seasons did Gonzales say the treatment he recieved made a 6/8 week injury a season out.

We weren't plagued or blighted by injuries under Hughton. We've picked up a lot more strains recently.

Not obsessed with bigging him up, but seeing as I don't think the medical team has changed since the switch I don't see why it should now be slagged.

We weren't plagued or blighted by injuries under Hughton. We've picked up a lot more strains recently.

Not obsessed with bigging him up, but seeing as I don't think the medical team has changed since the switch I don't see why it should now be slagged.

Mentioned this a while back.

The project is going to have to make sure his training & warm up schedules and routines are spot on. We've picked up a few more general short term injuries since he took charge and with our squad now even weaker than before we can't afford to have players picked up strains and th like. Particular Shola and Best.

We only have 6 injuries according to the physioroom table - one of those is Ben Arfa's freak broken leg, one is Shola's freak broken face and 2 were injured when we signed them.

It's hardly a crisis, I don't understand what this thread is about.

I think our squad being so thin makes injuries worse. We should have adequate cover for the likes of Barton or our centre forwards when they get injured. When we don't have cover it makes the injuries look like a crisis because we are relying on players who are not good enough or who are playing out of position. The amount of players we have out right now is probably normal or at least close to it for this time in the season. Lets remember what our injuries used to be like, we were also top of the Physio Room table, so this right now is nothing really.

It does feel like we have more than our fair share. But suppose every set of fans feel that way, guess we signed alot of crocks in the past. I've felt that we have more problems than we should and questioned the clubs backroom staff but then look at the players we've signed/sold.

Dyer - perpetually crocked, sold breaks leg on debut.

Owen - Perpetually crocked - signed - perpetually crocked.

Woodgate - dito

Some players struggle with injury throughout their career and we've had our fair share.

If you're into that, aye. If not, fate/luck.

Agreed. Arseplayers have been prone to injuries due to their speedy game. That cause the opponent to misjudge the tackles.

When Nolan was in his prime in Bolton, he was slimmer. I remembered him running WITH the ball (imagine that now) for many yards before hammering it into the net.

If Carroll didn't receive lessons regarding the effects of alcohol and Nolan hasn't been told that he maybe need to lose some weight..Isn't that negligence or incompetence by the medical staff?