Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Doubt we'll gonna much on top of 13m we paid for Mitrovic, but hey agendas !

It's the Thauvin transfer that gets me. Mitrovic is in many ways what we needed physically and technically. He's just green. We needed someone to take some of the burden away from him. Instead we get another young lad from another division who thinks he's a #10.

You're right here mind, when they signed Mitrovic who the fuck did they think was going to cross the ball to him?

Well, clearly they didn't think about it at all.

We all laughed at Pardew's set pieces. Got his 6'2ers that can attack a ball = haven't conceded a goal from a set piece, only conceded 1 header in the league (yesterday), 2nd most goals from set pieces, can sit deep and defend a lead.

Brought in over numerous years, put together by Pulis but that's a plan of action for the football pitch. In what land was Mbemba ever going to be a good partner for Colo or vice versa?

I've been saying for a while, why I don't think this guy deserves the "free pass" he gets on here. His part played in the hiring of McClaren was a huge issue along with the lackluster recruitment.

The whole "trifecta" plus Moncur need to be kicked into touch if we want to be playing PL football next season, it's not that the structure is wrong, it's the people they've put into the positions of power that are woefully under performing.  A Manager that can't mange players or form tactics, a chief scout that misses more than he hits on targets and an MD who consistently makes the wrong decisions. Only one person can fix this and if he wants his big pay day next season,then he has to act and act now.

I've been saying for a while, why I don't think this guy deserves the "free pass" he gets on here. His part played in the hiring of McClaren was a huge issue along with the lackluster recruitment.

The whole "trifecta" plus Moncur need to be kicked into touch if we want to be playing PL football next season, it's not that the structure is wrong, it's the people they've put into the positions of power that are woefully under performing.  A Manager that can't mange players or form tactics, a chief scout that misses more than he hits on targets and an MD who consistently makes the wrong decisions. Only one person can fix this and if he wants his big pay day next season,then he has to act and act now.

What is right about the structure?

It's the structure that dictates everything about the club is bargain basement. Including the MD and Head Coach. It's the structure that dictates we don't sign the likes of Payet, Cabaye & Moses. It's the structure that looks to sell anyone that's good.

• 4 weeks later...

Was just randomly thinking there, how much did PSG and their new owners cock up our plans particularly in that first summer? If I remember rightly, we were very close to getting the likes of Matuidi & Gameiro at the time, but their new money started hoovering up our new market. Kernts.

Signed more good than bad imo.

Absolute f***ing horseshit. Apart from Cabaye he's signed cheap useless unproven and unable to play in this league fuckwits

Perez is useless?

From reports it was not Carr who spotted Perez.

Absolute fucking horseshit. Apart from Cabaye he's signed cheap useless unproven and unable to play in this league fuckwits

Perez is useless?

He had nowt to do with Perez, it was that weird looking Barry Manalow/ Rod Stewart tribute act thing.

Absolute f***ing horseshit. Apart from Cabaye he's signed cheap useless unproven and unable to play in this league fuckwits

Maybe he is getting instructions about price range etc.? Players like PEA and Shawcross are not coming here

Wijnaldum, Mitrovic and Mbemba are good players. Anyone with half decent knowledge of football can see that.

Ok Thauvin has been a complete dud so far. Colback is shit but he was a free transfer.

Just because the team is playing shit every week doesn't mean the signings were shit.

He's not going to get them all right.

I'd like people to break down the ones they think are bad signings.

Wijnaldum, Mitrovic and Mbemba are good players. Anyone with half decent knowledge of football can see that.

Ok Thauvin has been a complete dud so far. Colback is s*** but he was a free transfer.

Just because the team is playing s*** every week doesn't mean the signings were s***.

He's not going to get them all right.

I'd like people to break down the ones they think are bad signings.

"Good player" isn't a function that contributes to team success. You need tangibles.

We needed a goalscorer this season. Mitrovic is not that player. We still struggle fro goals.

We  needed a CM that can put his foot in the ball. Wijnaldum - is not that player but his goals have been key for the little points we have for sure. We still struggle to for quality at CM.

Thauvin - dud.

We needed a defender to dominate attackers of the opposition physically and in the air. Mbemba, talented lad but isn't that player. We still struggle with physical strikers - especially in the air.

Darlwo and the other lad aren't ready for first team PL football yet.

SDJ can't get in the tea,.

Perez is a talent. But he doesn't score enough goals. If he doesn't beat goalkeepers with a quick shot, he rarely scores. He's better playing fully up top than #10 imo.

Jack Colback.

^^^^ does not make for a good team