Newcastle United 4 - 1 Wolves - 02/04/11 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

did anyone see Nolan grab their Player at the end and whisper in his ear- would love to know what was said.

He had a right go at Henry quite early on as well iirc.

did anyone see Nolan grab their Player at the end and whisper in his ear- would love to know what was said.

think that was who he grabbed at the end, pushed his head down and said something into his ear, dont think he was wishing him a happy easter like.

Fair play that. Henry must be one of the biggest muppets going

He's a poor man's Dean Whitehead.

Henry was giving the big I am until we scored, showed it quite a bit on the "tele". Soon shut him up though. Both Nolan and Barton a little whisper in his ear IIRC.

Henry was giving the big I am until we scored, showed it quite a bit on the "tele". Soon shut him up though. Both Nolan and Barton a little whisper in his ear IIRC.

Really like to see stuff like that, far smarter than kicking him around the park.

Aye, Nolan had a good few words in his ear while play had stopped for a free kick. I thought Henry was shit, out of his depth, not a Premier League player. In fact he is shit.

What pleases me the most is how different all the goals were, which shows that we can be very unpredictable and versatile.

:thup: cynics/mackems would argue we just score from set pieces but that quite clearly isn't the case. We could have added two goals from set pieces on top of the four open-play goals we did score through Williamson and Nolan, and then there was Lovenkrands' penalty shout early doors too. We've certainly got a few strings to our bow even without the likes of Carroll, Best, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Enrique.

I just managed to catch the goals just now and the third goal was mint due to how Colo beat his man and played Barton through. Not to be negative, but what struck me with the camera view facing the goal is that after Colo passed the ball to Barton, the only players making any sort run was Loven and Colo himself. Ameobi was just trudging along watching the ball and all other midfielders (at least those in view) were static. That's kind of sad, it if was any of the top teams, you would see 3 to 4 players making a mad dash to get into the box.

Fair point. We don't really have a fast counter-attack in our locker and that needs addressing.

Not sure about that, the whole move unfolded in a couple of seconds quite far up the pitch after a mistake by Wolves. There was no time for many people to get forward, we did brilliantly to exploit it so incisively.

Fair enough, that goal wasn't the best illustration of what I was getting at. I just feel we often don't get the ball forward quickly enough when an opposition move breaks down in our half. I'm not talking about a long ball. I'm talking about players getting forward quickly into space and an accurate pass meeting those runs. In Sir Bob's side, with the likes of Bellamy, Dyer and Robert, we could really hit teams like that.

Basically, we lack pace in midfield at the moment. Our only real box-to-box player, Nolan, isn't one for fast breaks.

I just managed to catch the goals just now and the third goal was mint due to how Colo beat his man and played Barton through. Not to be negative, but what struck me with the camera view facing the goal is that after Colo passed the ball to Barton, the only players making any sort run was Loven and Colo himself. Ameobi was just trudging along watching the ball and all other midfielders (at least those in view) were static. That's kind of sad, it if was any of the top teams, you would see 3 to 4 players making a mad dash to get into the box.

Fair point. We don't really have a fast counter-attack in our locker and that needs addressing.

Not sure about that, the whole move unfolded in a couple of seconds quite far up the pitch after a mistake by Wolves. There was no time for many people to get forward, we did brilliantly to exploit it so incisively.

Fair enough, that goal wasn't the best illustration of what I was getting at. I just feel we often don't get the ball forward quickly enough when an opposition move breaks down in our half. I'm not talking about a long ball. I'm talking about players getting forward quickly into space and an accurate pass meeting those runs. In Sir Bob's side, with the likes of Bellamy, Dyer and Robert, we could really hit teams like that.

Basically, we lack pace in midfield at the moment. Our only real box-to-box player, Nolan, isn't one for fast breaks.

Maybe why HBA has been identified by Pardew as possibly playing as a second striker next season. He would provide the pace outlet very well down the centre. 

Maybe why HBA has been identified by Pardew as possibly playing as a second striker next season. He would provide the pace outlet very well down the centre. 

Don't know about Cronky but I was referring to more than just pace (though that would be welcomed too). I was referring to movement of our players when we get a break, at times some players just don't seem interested and move into positions when we get the ball on the break, pisses me off when we have players just watching what their team mates are gonna do when they could be part of the move had they just made a run.