Player Sales/Summer Spending 2011

Colocho

Can't see any problem with going for elmander if he wants in. Looks better than most of our lot. (Him and best would work well IMO)

Elmander for free and Sturridge on loan would be quite a scoop.

Can't see any problem with going for elmander if he wants in. Looks better than most of our lot. (Him and best would work well IMO)

if chelsea get lukaku they may look to sell sturridge.

cheeky bid for palacios and play him and tiote as the 2 with a 3 1 ahead

Who would you have as the three? Ben Arfa - Nolan - Barton? Suppose it would work on paper and it seems quite popular at the moment, but i don't really understand the technical ins and outs of that formation.

if chelsea get lukaku they may look to sell sturridge.

Aye, it would probably upset him that they go and spend £20m+ on a striker younger than him and will probably jump straight ahead of him. Only problem with Sturridge is he's on £65kpw+ (according to the tribunal when they signed him)

Elmander's dross but I'd love Sturridge here. Looks a much better player than I gave him credit for, would be even better if he hadn't gotten silly and done a Shaun Wright Phillips. Needs to get away from Chelsea.

cheeky bid for palacios and play him and tiote as the 2 with a 3 1 ahead

He's played a full 90 minutes in the league something like 5 times this season. Plus, Spurs seem to only play one holding midfielder and Palacios has dropped behind Huddlestone and Sandro. I'd definitely bid £5/6m for Palacios.

Elmander's dross but I'd love Sturridge here. Looks a much better player than I gave him credit for, would be even better if he hadn't gotten silly and done a Shaun Wright Phillips. Needs to get away from Chelsea.

:nods:

Guest Heneage

Are they as good as Andy Carroll? He's the type of player who'll get you Champions League football. Those three might keep you up, if you're lucky.

We need a player as good as him to be on a par with the beginning of this season, before we do anything else. An inferior player means we've gone backwards. Shouldn't be a problem considering how good our scouting is.

I'm pretty sure 1 goal equals 1 goal no matter who scores.

I wouldn't go so far as to say elmander is dross. :lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

Elmander looks excellent in fits and starts. I wouldn't mind having him as long as he wasn't the only striker we sign this summer.

Elmander's a class above anything we have here.

:thup:

For free as well. Doesn't feel loved by Bolton, i'm sure he'd find it here. I'd be more than happy if he came here, especially if it meant showing the door to Ameobi/Lovenkrands.

When was his last goal? He seems to have dipped lately.

No idea, certainly dried up a bit since Sturridge came in to the team and they play with 3 strikers effectively. Certainly played deeper the past couple of times i've watched though thats only MoTD highlights, could quite simply have been for those games.

Guest Heneage

Last week.

Would  you take him? His goal against Wolves was fantastic but I'm not convinced.

I like how people go "He's a class above what we have now" as if it's some form of achievement :laugh:

Look at the thread title, man. The players being mentioned in here obviously need to be compared with our own lot or it all becomes a bit pointless.

Last week.

Would  you take him? His goal against Wolves was fantastic but I'm not convinced.

Of course I would. We'd finally be able to piss Shola off to Burnley.

I like how people go "He's a class above what we have now" as if it's some form of achievement :laugh:

Look at the thread title, man. The players being mentioned in here obviously need to be compared with our own lot or it all becomes a bit pointless.

Sorry Captain Serious :lol: