Player Sales/Summer Spending 2011

Colocho

Guest Heneage

Gave Colo the run around though, and I'd say he'd be better than Lovenkrands for free we aren't in a position to sniff at him.

He's been absolutely dreadful at Bolton for, what, four years other than a three month purple patch this season. Didn't manage a league goal for nearly a year at one point.

Four years? No Chance.

He's been absolutely dreadful at Bolton for, what, four years other than a three month purple patch this season. Didn't manage a league goal for nearly a year at one point.

Four years? No Chance.

Nah, three coming up. And yes he is better than Lovenkrands but with the money at our disposal, I'm not sure that's the only criteria we need to fulfil.

So he's had two poor seasons followed by one very good one. Worth a go for free, surely?

Absolutely.

It had took him some time to settle. Big fee, big expectations and lots of pressure, its only now under a competent manager he's started to shine, but the lack of support he received in his first two seasons means he's not arsed about hanging around Bolton.

I think he's a clever player, good all-rounder with bags of experience and finally finding goals in the prem. Would be handy to have regardless if we sign two strikers for mega money.

Elmander's goal record in the premier league is less than one in four...most of them have been this season as well. Has had 9 month goal droughts at Bolton. Perhaps good enough to keep you in the league, but surely not a player that will take us forward.

Really we need 7/8 players coming in. I know Pardew has been quoted saying we will bring in 4/5 which is probably more realistic. I remember Fat Sam saying similar with 3/4 before we brought in 9 players.

We will have tell sell one or two because they are of such limited use to anyone, most of all us.

I think we will spunk a load on a big striker and someone that can play on the wing and upfront. Id be happy if we try and snap up Elmander, Larson and Taiwo all would be great additions to the squad for little outlay. I would like to see us buy another DM to cover for Tiote too.

Simpson has come on leaps and bounds, I dont know if Tavernier is good enough to sit as a replacement, Can't be worse than Raylor and Saylor could do a half decent job if Simpson is injured. I am alot less concerned with RB than I was last summer.

LB is contentious because of the Enrique situation, regardless we need another LB, Ferguson doesn't look quite ready and looks better going forward.

Harsh on Willow but another top CB would be decent if we unload Campbell. But a luxury if we cant get the players higher up the pitch.

We need two more strikers and Lovenkrands should be on his bike and Ranger out on loan.

I would prefer a pacey winger on the Right to Larsson, but the price is right, the second striker we buy should be versatile hopefully too.

LW I think we will look at also, I think our coaches like Gutierrez, I just think they dont know why. He is frustrating and can turn it on he just doesnt seem to ooze the confidence in the skills he does actually possess. Wouldnt be surprised to see another LW come in.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Kazenga and if they will give him a chance or ship him back to Brighton permenantly.

if its 4/5 players I would say:

1 out and out striker  10-15m

1 winger cum striker 7-10m

1 DM - 2-4m

1 LB  - Free there are several options out there

1 RW -5-7m

CB and LW if we get the opportunity

Elmander's goal record in the premier league is less than one in four...most of them have been this season as well. Has had 9 month goal droughts at Bolton. Perhaps good enough to keep you in the league, but surely not a player that will take us forward.

Didn't see this discussion. Think he would be a cracking squad signing if we offload Xisco and Lovenkrands. I assume and hope Ranger will be farmed out. Downside is he might like that whole squad thing and be motivated less than Viduka but with half the amount of talent.

Elmander could be a good holding attacker. He doesn't need to score that much himself as long as he's capable of holding on to the ball and pass when overlaps are arriving. Ireand, HBA, Nolan, Barton= plenty of goals..

Guest MrSundlofer

I'm not a fan of Elmander. He has strength and is a good team player, but he can be very frustrating at times and is not the goalscorer this club needs.

However, if Pardew decides to sign him in the summer I have no complains.

Guest Roger Kint

Can't see him arriving though..  He will be 30 in August.

Sick of this rubbish. How old is Campbell? Or Lovenkrands? It has happened before, despite what people want to beleive.

Can't see him arriving though..  He will be 30 in August.

Sick of this rubbish. How old is Campbell? Or Lovenkrands? It has happened before, despite what people want to beleive.

Could be argued that they were seen as short-term solutions.

I think the strikers we bring in this summer will be 26 years old, tops.

Got to love those 3 year, short term deals.....

Who, Sol Campbell? Or how about Shefti Kuqi? What about Fabrice Pancrate and Diatta? All short-term deals.

Lovenkrands is different as we signed him whilst we were in the Championship, with the exeption of him, and the above, when was the last time we signed a player above 27 years old on a permanent deal?

Guest Roger Kint

Who, Sol Campbell? Or how about Shefti Kuqi? What about Fabrice Pancrate and Diatta? All short-term deals.

Lovenkrands is different as we signed him whilst we were in the Championship, with the exeption of him, and the above, when was the last time we signed a player above 27 years old on a permanent deal?

Your words? Could be argued THEY were seen as short term deals. Campbell has an option for a second year and Loven got three, i didnt mention geuine short term deals. My sole point was it happens regardless of age so to say we wont sign a certain player is rubbish. Of course if you understood sarcasm this would have been easier.......

Colin Warris is claiming Routledge isn't coming back and we've secured his replacement on a Bosman.

Who is he? Must be Larsson ...

Your words? Could be argued THEY were seen as short term deals. Campbell has an option for a second year and Loven got three, i didnt mention geuine short term deals. My sole point was it happens regardless of age so to say we wont sign a certain player is rubbish. Of course if you understood sarcasm this would have been easier.......

The last time we signed a player on a permanent deal, who was older than 27 years of age (other than the ones already mentioned) was in 2007.

Colin Warris is claiming Routledge isn't coming back and we've secured his replacement on a Bosman.

Who is he? Must be Larsson ...

The deal with Larsson was done and dusted (until Birmingham did a 'Newcastle selling Milner to Aston Villa' style recall) so it's very likely he's the replacement. I'd be happy with that. Sell Routledge (who isn't a proven Premier League quality player) for a few million and replace him with Larsson (who is a proven Premier League quality player) for free.