Blackpool 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/04/11 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Guest neesy111

Watched this in Tynemouth.  One of the most brain-dead performances I've seen from us in a while.

After 20 minutes we were massively comfortable then we started fucking about in our own half.  Completely hoyed it away today.  Also never saw Ameobi do one thing today that wasn't worthy of me pointing and laughing at him.

I've made my mind up on Pardew now and I can't stand him.  Not arsed if that makes me a whinge, or a bad fan, or owt like that - I don't care.  He's shit and he hasn't got a clue.  I remember when Hughton got sacked and the only point I wasn't massively pissed off was when I thought we might get Martin Jol in.  Employing this div was a sideways step at the very best and I'm fed up with him already.  I've a bad feeling about next year now.

PS: why young Neil Ranger didn't get on the pitch today I'll never know.

:kneejerk:

It's not kneejerk though, neesy - a loss today wouldn't have even been the end of the world or owt and I know that.

I'm making a wider point about something I've felt for a while.  That we're going nowhere with this chancer in charge.  Would be absolutely delighted to be gloriously proved wrong, and it won't change how I support the team when I go.  Was just saying.

He had no excuses today in terms of players available and they couldn't follow through after a promising start.  And it was clear that Ameobi was having a mare after about 15 minutes but he stayed on the pitch until 91 minutes in, and got subbed for Kuqi n'all.

Ever thought it's the players fault at all, hence why under Hughton as well and Pardew performances have flucturated badly ???  The fact is you like a few NUFC fans have an agenda against Pardew because of the way he was brought in and it's an easy excuse for you's to bring out whenever we play badly.

Should remember when under Lord Hughton we lost badly to Blackpool at home when Hughton had a better squad available to him as well, also Pardew has a worse squad than what we had available last season as well.

You're the only one basing this on one game here, neesy.

I don't have an agenda against him, I just don't rate him which I think is allowed.  It's becoming increasingly apparent that there was no need to change manager.  I personally think he'll be regarded worse than Souness was in 12 months time, but yeah we'll see.

Mate, you've been digging against him since he was appointed and all the time I was talking to you previous to Fulham game :lol:.  More apparent that we didn't need to get change managers is open to debate, I would say pathetic hammering's in successive away games to Bolton and West Brom was mighty cause for concern especially the latter.

Pardew should only be judged once he has had a summer in the transfer market, when he get's the chance to improve the first team especially upfront.  The fact is with a strike-force of Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger and Kuqi how anyone can be expecting miracles is beyond me.

Guest neesy111

Also neesy, your point about blaming the players.  It's his job to motivate the players.  Today wasn't make or break but it was an opportunity to get another 3 points on the board and he couldn't get an almost full-strength team up for it.  We're drawing too many games since he came in.  Also in the Man U post-match interview it looked like he was wearing lipstick, which is unforgivable.

Erm, how long have you been supporting NUFC.  For the last 20 years NUFC have put in good performances against good teams and instantly fucking up against shit sides.  Get used to it.  Should forget that we were playing against a team fighting for their lives, should not expect 3 points, based on form yes we should have been but in reality is different.

Mate, you've been digging against him since he was appointed and all the time I was talking to you previous to Fulham game :lol:.  More apparent that we didn't need to get change managers is open to debate, I would say pathetic hammering's in successive away games to Bolton and West Brom was mighty cause for concern especially the latter.

Pardew should only be judged once he has had a summer in the transfer market, when he get's the chance to improve the first team especially upfront.  The fact is with a strike-force of Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger and Kuqi how anyone can be expecting miracles is beyond me.

Horse plop.

Guest neesy111

Ever thought it's the players fault at all, hence why under Hughton as well and Pardew performances have flucturated badly ???  The fact is you like a few NUFC fans have an agenda against Pardew because of the way he was brought in and it's an easy excuse for you's to bring out whenever we play badly.

Should remember when under Lord Hughton we lost badly to Blackpool at home when Hughton had a better squad available to him as well, also Pardew has a worse squad than what we had available last season as well.

Pardew is supposed to be an upgrade on Hughton, he isn't and nothing says that he is apart from some of our fans who seem to think his poor record is good enough.

Opening a can of worms on this tbh...

Watched this in Tynemouth.  One of the most brain-dead performances I've seen from us in a while.

After 20 minutes we were massively comfortable then we started fucking about in our own half.  Completely hoyed it away today.  Also never saw Ameobi do one thing today that wasn't worthy of me pointing and laughing at him.

I've made my mind up on Pardew now and I can't stand him.  Not arsed if that makes me a whinge, or a bad fan, or owt like that - I don't care.  He's shit and he hasn't got a clue.  I remember when Hughton got sacked and the only point I wasn't massively pissed off was when I thought we might get Martin Jol in.  Employing this div was a sideways step at the very best and I'm fed up with him already.  I've a bad feeling about next year now.

It's not kneejerk though, neesy - a loss today wouldn't have even been the end of the world or owt and I know that.

I'm making a wider point about something I've felt for a while.  That we're going nowhere with this chancer in charge.  Would be absolutely delighted to be gloriously proved wrong, and it won't change how I support the team when I go.  Was just saying.

He had no excuses today in terms of players available and they couldn't follow through after a promising start.  And it was clear that Ameobi was having a mare after about 15 minutes but he stayed on the pitch until 91 minutes in, and got subbed for Kuqi n'all.

I don't have an agenda against him, I just don't rate him which I think is allowed.  It's becoming increasingly apparent that there was no need to change manager.  I personally think he'll be regarded worse than Souness was in 12 months time, but yeah we'll see.

:lol:  There's nothing fucking wrong with the fact I've been cynical about him since the day he came in.  I'm there to be convinced.  I was annoyed that Hughton got the gig when he did but he did a good job under the circumstances and won me round.

You're right about the summer and as I say I hope he proves me wrong.  I wouldn't put money on it though because the guys seems like a complete div.  Also, I don't remember us talking about this before the Fulham game and I think you're playing on the fact that I'm always smashed and never remember anything I say to anyone. :lol:

Also neesy, your point about blaming the players.  It's his job to motivate the players.  Today wasn't make or break but it was an opportunity to get another 3 points on the board and he couldn't get an almost full-strength team up for it.  We're drawing too many games since he came in.  Also in the Man U post-match interview it looked like he was wearing lipstick, which is unforgivable.

Erm, how long have you been supporting NUFC.  For the last 20 years NUFC have put in good performances against good teams and instantly fucking up against shit sides.  Get used to it.  Should forget that we were playing against a team fighting for their lives, should not expect 3 points, based on form yes we should have been but in reality is different.

Been supporting them a canny while but I learn from our fuck-ups, clearly you don't.  We're going nowhere under this clown.

Guest neesy111

:lol:  There's nothing fucking wrong with the fact I've been cynical about him since the day he came in.  I'm there to be convinced.  I was annoyed that Hughton got the gig when he did but he did a good job under the circumstances and won me round.

You're right about the summer and as I say I hope he proves me wrong.  I wouldn't put money on it though because the guys seems like a complete div.  Also, I don't remember us talking about this before the Fulham game and I think you're playing on the fact that I'm always smashed and never remember anything I say to anyone. :lol:

Hughton won me around, but that West Brom performance was the worst I've ever seen from an NUFC team.  My annoyance was the fact he wasn't given time to turn things around.  All open to debate on Pardew which I'll admit, just I think to many happy to criticise him over anything.

:lol:

The West Brom performance was bad, but it's nowhere near the worst NUFC performance I've seen.

I've seen a lot worse, even within the last few years.

Yup.

The Birmingham cup game under Roeder would take some beating.

Guest neesy111

Been supporting them a canny while but I learn from our fuck-ups, clearly you don't.  We're going nowhere under this clown.

No-one has fucking learned from any of our fuck-ups if they did, they wouldn't support NUFC anymore :lol:

We've had far far worse managers than Pardew even based on our current form.

Guest neesy111

The West Brom performance was bad, but it's nowhere near the worst NUFC performance I've seen.

I've seen a lot worse, even within the last few years.

Well....

Guest neesy111

Yup.

Derby and Wigan (a couple of times) away.

Debatable, but fair examples especially Derby.  I still maintain the West Brom performance was the worst as for the 1st 60 mins we couldn't even make 2-3 passes together.

Yup.

Derby and Wigan (a couple of times) away.

Stevenage was pretty chronic. At least the baggies are half decent opposition. Alan Smith wanted a bolt to the head that day

Guest Chris P

Always hard to play against teams fighting in the relegation battle. Agree, in our position 1-1 is a good result.

We had that game in our hands in the first 15/20 minutes, and we threw it away.

I've not made a secret of the fact that I'm a Pardew-defender at times, but today was just poor. And it wasn't the opposition's fault, it was our own. We could have won that if we really wanted to.

Guest neesy111

We had that game in our hands in the first 15/20 minutes, and we threw it away.

I've not made a secret of the fact that I'm a Pardew-defender at times, but today was just poor. And it wasn't the opposition's fault, it was our own. We could have won that if we really wanted to.

Ofcourse, but again I will throw this up how much of it is to do with players and that of the manager?  To me players get away with murder compared to the criticism a manager gets.  The fact is imo, if the players believed they were playing against MUFC and not Blackpool then the performance would have been much better.  Though it is up to the manager to get that out of a team (something which every NUFC manager in my lifetime has failed at).

For a start, the substitutions were completely off. It was Lovenkrands' best game of the season and he was hauled off on 60 minutes and Shola looked knackered after about an hour.