Blackpool 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/04/11 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Woke up 4 am to watch this heap of shit performance.

Good point by the way Ronaldo. Nolan offered nothing against them, and that might affect Tiotes performance. Not even his excellent "captain skills" were there today to push the team on.

One example of how bad we played (or our tactics were) were after a counter attack by Blackpool. We regained possession with 10 men well inside our own half, and instead of keeping possession and moving the whole team forward, the ball is lumped up to Ameobi who were 1 against 5-6 Blackpool players. Needless to say Ameobi lost the ball, and a new wave of attack from Blackpool came, with us defending with 10 men behind the ball.

Guest magpie99

I am sure I could pick at least halfa dozen of ourplayers that were just as bad, even worse than Shola, including Enrique who just seems to lose or givbe away possession in dangerous places.

This was woeful and to be honest, Blackpool deserved to thump us. They can count themselves exceptionally unlucky not to get at least one penalty.

Having said that though, at least we appear to be safe now and hopefully, Ashley will have viewed the inept performances awayto Villa, Stoke and Blackpool as clear evidence that major investment in the team is rewquired next season and the appointment of a manager with decent credentials or we will be in for a long drawn out fight against relegation next season.

I think it's been blatantly obvious for weeks now that the team finds it hard to motivate themselves for matches against the "smaller" sides given that we're not in any real danger of relegation.

I suppose it's understandable.

I think it's been blatantly obvious for weeks now that the team finds it hard to motivate themselves for matches against the "smaller" sides given that we're not in any real danger of relegation.

but not acceptable

but not acceptable

We didn´t fare any better against the "smaller" sides before we were safe.

Just watched the Motd highlights again - what the fuck was Enrique thinking with that back pass yesterday where Krul had to come out?

Enrique's done something like that (mistakes in general) in his first two years here under Big Sam and under KK but you certainly wouldn't expect him to do it these days.

it's not smaller sides but sides that play a very high tempo game and press the ball quickly and high up, blackpool and man utd do this, arsenal and wigan don't.

I think Pardew hit on the main point. We'd effectively had a hard midweek game and they hadn't. What's more, their style of play, with all that movement in midfield, seems to trouble us a lot and for long stretches of the game they seemed to be all over us. I worry about Nolan against Liverpool, because I can't see him getting anywhere near the ball.

We were a bit lucky with the pens, because while none of them were clear cut, you can generally expect at least one in three of those to go against you. Maybe that was balanced by their goal, because it didn't look like the whole of the ball had crossed. If Jose didn't have his feet behind the line it would have been a much easier decision for the linesman.

Months.

Guest BooBoo

I thought we looked very leggy in the last half hour. On the few times we attacked we had zero energy from midfield. Understandable given the efforts last Tuesday.

Like?

So lucky that Krul came out as quick as he did for the Enrique ball across the box. WTF was he thinking, looking at it again on MOTD it's almost deliberate sabotage, madness.

I dont mind Holloway, but if he thinks either the Williamson or the Krul moments, were penalties, then he is amazingly wrong.

Williamson didn't even touch Campbell.

Krul clearly got a hand to the ball.

As for Enrique, that pass across the area, was absolutely ridiculous.

Holloway playing the 'we were 32 points behind them last year but only 7 this year' card. Not quite sure what he's getting at there unless he was expecting a similar gap and us being in the title race the knob.

:lol: Ridiculous that like.

Guest BooBoo

DJ Cambell, how many bloody times has be scored against us now? I remember it was against us for Yeading that he made his name. One of those irritatingly poor players that always has a stormer against us.

Holloway playing the 'we were 32 points behind them last year but only 7 this year' card. Not quite sure what he's getting at there unless he was expecting a similar gap and us being in the title race the knob.

To be fair, a lot of people expected Blackpool to get a record low PL points total at the beginning of the season....

So if they got about 10-15 points we would have only had to get 40-odd for the 32 point gap......