Liverpool v NUFC Pre-match thread (01/05/2010 - 12 KO)

Beren

What a load of shite. Their starting lineup is far, far better.

I agree it's better, but there isn't much wrong with what JH posted. It's just that those player v player things are pretty flawed. For example their strikeforce is stratospherically better than ours, while our advantages are only slight.

That line-up isn't too great though overrall, I'm not really sure what kind of future the likes of Spearing, Flanagan and Robinson will have in the long term there. They may be promising players (the fullbacks anyway) but there should be a possibility of mistakes. Is it too much to ask for Jonas to have a good game?

This is a better 'team' than the one we played in December but there is still weaknesses there IMO. I just can't see our wankpile of a strikeforce exploiting them.

Flanagan vs Jonas and Robinson vs Barton should be where we put all our attacking focus on. We should win that battle.

The problem is what is there when Barton/Jonas get past the kids - who's on the end of the cross?

That, and Suarez, is why I can't see past a comfortable Liverpool win.

Hehe, RAWK posters bemused at the suggestion of Tiote being better than Lucas and Colo being superior to Skrtel. :razz:

Always find it funny how some players become underrated outside of their own fanbases. They REALLY rate Lucas while the rest of the league thinks he's pish, and the same for us and Coloccini.  

To be honest I think the best thing about their current team is that they're confident and seem pretty well balanced. We just look shit. I'm sticking with my first page predo of 3-0.

rewind back to our game in December and why we were destroyed. All because of one man, and ironically he is our player now.

First goal, he won the aerial battle and gave the ball to Nolan

Second goal, he literally  destroyed Skrtel and created space for Barton

Third goal just a cracking finish

:-[

Guest Heneage

If they hadn't just spunked £35m on him they'd put it down to  a bad performance not Carroll.

Guest Heneage

He played class that game like.

He sure did, it was games like Liverpool that earned him the £35m price tag.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Only in hindsight will we find out if it's justified. Either way Liverpool will enjoy the ride more as the money in the back isn't going anyway.

I think he'll do class for them, he'll make as many goals as he scores but I would bet when he's old and finished he'll play in black and white again.

For Grimsby,

Pretty depressing to read their pre-match thread where they're talking about taking Enrique and Tiote too. All it takes is a couple of bids too good to turn down...

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yeh It's depressing as fuck but it's the reality.

Enrique has already agreed to go elsewhere and only a recurrent dodgy hamstring will let us keep him. Tiote we may have till january.

Till Ashley goes we're fucked.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I love Keegan. Basically we could have been a Bradford/Plymouth kind of club without him.

Hehe, RAWK posters bemused at the suggestion of Tiote being better than Lucas and Colo being superior to Skrtel. :razz:

Always find it funny how some players become underrated outside of their own fanbases. They REALLY rate Lucas while the rest of the league thinks he's pish, and the same for us and Coloccini. 

To be honest I think the best thing about their current team is that they're confident and seem pretty well balanced. We just look shit. I'm sticking with my first page predo of 3-0.

People tend to remember Lucas for his first season in the league, much like Colo. Lucas is by no means better than Tiote but he isn't quite as bad as people make him out to be.

I'm not sure about Maxi being any better than Jonas though. He's as average a player as they come.

Guest magpie99

Can see us going into this one in 451 formation due to the major lack of options

Krul

Simpson, Colocini, Williamson, Enrique

Raylor, Barton, Tiote, Gutierrez

Nolan

Ameobi

Subs: Harper, Lovenkrands, Saylor, Ranger, Kuqi, Ferguson, Campbell

0-2 defeat

Good to see Keegan agreeing that 35M was too good to turn down. I would not take the other parts of him saying that the money is not going to be reinvested seriously, nobody knows for sure and after what he went through, he's not the most objective person when talking about Ashley's plans for the future.

Guest magpie99

Alpal

I totally agree. I know he is now a pundit but he is not the type of bloke to be unbiased in his viewpoints when it comes to NUFC.

It would be better for him and his reputation to say llittle and keep his own counsel.

People tend to remember Lucas for his first season in the league, much like Colo. Lucas is by no means better than Tiote but he isn't quite as bad as people make him out to be.

I'm not sure about Maxi being any better than Jonas though. He's as average a player as they come.

Well put  :thup:

A bad performance last week, good form from Liverpool, plus Andy Carroll has combined to make the most morbidly depressing match thread ever.

Wait till Liverpool win tonight with Carroll scoring the winning goal. I'm not getting near the post match thread, quite a few (the usual suspects) will be suicidal!  :lol:

Guest Flatline

Defending isn't our problem (well it is, but not our biggest). We don't score enough goals away from home.

Im gonna open a can of worms here:

Our problem is our midfield getting overrun and thus dominated putting pressure on our defense over the majority of the game.

I wonder who`s to blame

./hides

Guest Flatline

Liverpool at anfield is as hard as it gets. 0 points here, possibly 3-4 goals in the sack.