International midfielder. Who is it?

Guest sicko2ndbest

So the Sunday Sun is just making up quotes? Can not take weeks to get the player over the line if the fee is already agreed?

“I think we’re close on one player which we would like to get over the line,” Pardew said.

“And I can say that because he’s an international player – not someone who belongs to one of the bottom four battling relegation."

So the Sunday Sun is just making up quotes?

“I think we’re close on one player which we would like to get over the line,” Pardew said.

“And I can say that because he’s an international player – not someone who belongs to one of the bottom four battling relegation."

None of that says we're going to be signing someone in the next week. That was the journalist.

So in February, when he did that Radio Newcastle chat, he said we were negotiating already with 2 players.

This morning, in the Sunday Sun, Pardew is quoted as saying we are close to a deal with an international midfielder.

This evening, Pardew says nothing will happen for a few weeks.

Mint.

So in February, when he did that Radio Newcastle chat, he said we were negotiating already with 2 players.

This morning, in the Sunday Sun, Pardew is quoted as saying we are close to a deal with an international midfielder.

Mint.

He's obviously trying to do a Hughton and we'll end up signing two players next week

Guest Big Al

Pardew on signings: "We're in there pitching, but I don't think anything is going to happen in the next couple of weeks."

Where and when did AP state that - I watched SkySports video interview after the match on their site - not a word on the topic? He tried to joke on Cheikh's back and his 14 yellow cards, but did not use words as pitching, etc..

The writer of the article is absolutely adament this is going to happen, despite Pardew's comments tonight.

Says his source is "impeccable"

Mint.

Really supports the idea that he should just shut the fuck up since nothing that he says means anything.

The writer of the article is absolutely adament this is going to happen, despite Pardew's comments tonight.

could simply be a case of Pardew trying to play it down in case some other clubs gets wind of it, trusting what managers actually says on transfer talk is never the best idea

Guest Big Al

It's a tweet, new exclusive article in The Sun or what? Or you've just had a pint or two with Mark Douglas?

could simply be a case of Pardew trying to play it down in case some other clubs gets wind of it, trusting what managers actually says on transfer talk is never the best idea

Shouldn't have said it in the first place then, completely pointless.

Guest Big Al

Pardew on signings: "We're in there pitching, but I don't think anything is going to happen in the next couple of weeks."

Where and when did AP state that - I watched SkySports video interview after the match on their site - not a word on the topic? He tried to joke on Cheikh's back and his 14 yellow cards, but did not use words as pitching, etc..

Not on his BBC interview either!?

Not on his BBC interview either!?

Got it from Scott Wilson of the Echo mate.

It's a tweet, new exclusive article in The Sun or what? Or you've just had a pint or two with Mark Douglas?

Douglas' Twitter.