Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Guest mimifrench

Opted for Algeria according to .com

What a nice choice !

Hum...I'm not sure...

Of course it is !

All he'll encounter is desorganisation and anarchy...I don't really know him, but when I think about Boudebouz, this f..... talent who got  all the qualities to make a great international career with France...it really bother me !

How dare you saying such a things !

I know Abeid loves Algeria because there are his roots... Boubebouz too loves Algeria.

Enough with all these players who play with France just for increasing their wages, winning trophees or only for fame...

One thing is sure, they'll play with heart with Algeria and not with their purse.

I'm saying the thruth, event if it hurts.

Ben Arfa refused to play for Tunisia when Lemerre approached him before 2006 World Cup and he was right. It doesn't empeach him to love his country's origine and his roots. He has family there and he frequently travels there.

He loves France too and it's not question of wages or trophees.

Ben arfa is just an idiot (and i'm sure that maybe one day he'll regret it, if it's not already the case)...

I can tell you that a lot of French players would have prefer to play for Algeria if there would have been a great team in Algeria... (sorry it's difficult to say it in English, i can't, not enough vocabulary in my bag).

Trust me when France wins, they're all French but when France loses, they're all French with some origins. They're just French "on papers".

By the way you know what Boubebouz said when they asked him why he chose Algeria ?? He said the Algerian hymn touches his heart, not the French one. I think all is said in this sentence... 

Have you saw a film called A Prophet before?

No. Maybe seen some extracts only (with the actor Tahar, no ?)

Why are you asking me this ?

What a nice choice !

Hum...I'm not sure...

Of course it is !

All he'll encounter is desorganisation and anarchy...I don't really know him, but when I think about Boudebouz, this f..... talent who got  all the qualities to make a great international career with France...it really bother me !

I know Abeid loves Algeria because there are his roots... Boubebouz too loves Algeria.

Enough with all these players who play with France just for increasing their wages, winning trophees or only for fame...

One thing is sure, they'll play with heart with Algeria and not with their purse.

Ben Arfa refused to play for Tunisia when Lemerre approached him before 2006 World Cup and he was right. It doesn't empeach him to love his country's origine and his roots. He has family there and he frequently travels there.

Ben arfa is just an idiot (and i'm sure that maybe one day he'll regret it, if it's not already the case)...

I can tell you that a lot of French players would have prefer to play for Algeria if there would have been a great team in Algeria... (sorry it's difficult to say it in English, i can't, not enough vocabulary in my bag).

Trust me when France wins, they're all French but when France loses, they're all French with some origins. They're just French "on papers".

By the way you know what Boubebouz said when they asked him why he chose Algeria ?? He said the Algerian hymn touches his heart, not the French one. I think all is said in this sentence... 

Just because that demonstrates what you were talking about with regards to the Arabic players, as in that film a lot of the attitudes portrayed are that those with Arabic originals are deemed inferior.

Guest hatem garrincha

What a nice choice !

Hum...I'm not sure...

Of course it is !

They all always say that  :lol:

He also said that the French team got many good players with his profile...

Believe me, there are 2 categories of players with double nationality, when the time comes to choose for which country they'll play :

- The huge talents, confindent about their capacities and which don't hesitate 1 second for the french national team

- The others, good players but not enough to integrate the French team, and Boudebouz , an exception case,  great talent but no self-confidence or impatient or doesn't want to miss the opportunity  to play a World Cup (between you and moi, that was his principal motivation when he joined Algeria in 2010. I'm sure he regrets now...)

The other points you developped - "2 poids, 2 mesures" - are absolutely valid...but it's another debate...

Guest mimifrench

What a nice choice !

Hum...I'm not sure...

Of course it is !

Just because that demonstrates what you were talking about with regards to the Arabic players, as in that film a lot of the attitudes portrayed are that those with Arabic originals are deemed inferior.

Yes of course that is the case.

That gives you quite an opinion of the French mentality... They love Arabic players when they make France win (like Zidane for example) but when they are in trouble, i let you guess who is guilty for them...

Guest mimifrench

What a nice choice !

Hum...I'm not sure...

Of course it is !

Believe me, there are 2 categories of players with double nationality, when the time comes to choose for which country they'll play :

- The huge talents, confindent about their capacities and which don't hesitate 1 second for the french national team

- The others, good players but not enough to integrate the French team, and Boudebouz , an exception case,  great talent but no self-confidence or impatient or doesn't want to miss the opportunity  to play a World Cup (between you and moi, that was his principal motivation when he joined Algeria in 2010. I'm sur he regrets now)

The other points you developped - "2 poids, 2 mesures" - are absolutely valid...but it's another debate...

Sorry, you say very interested things but here i'm not agree with you !

I truely believe that some players love the country of their parents (like i do for example) and only play for Algeria because they love it and are proud of their origins.

But you're absolutely right when you speak about some players that go to the Algerian squad just because they have no chance to be in the French one, and i hate them a lot. But Boudebouz isn't in that case. Maybe he made the choice quickly because of the World Cup but i could not see him in the French squad though...

Guest hatem garrincha

What a nice choice !

Hum...I'm not sure...

Of course it is !

- The others, good players but not enough to integrate the French team, and Boudebouz , an exception case,  great talent but no self-confidence or impatient or doesn't want to miss the opportunity  to play a World Cup (between you and moi, that was his principal motivation when he joined Algeria in 2010. I'm sur he regrets now)

I truely believe that some players love the country of their parents (like i do for example) and only play for Algeria because they love it and are proud of their origins.

It's your point.

For my part, I firmly think that geat players - 1 example with 3 Algerian descent : Zidane, Benzema, Nasri ("little idiots" all ?) - will choose to play in good conditions, in a stable environment, without spending their all times to ask for non paid wages (that's the case in the majority of african national teams), to play in real football fields and not potatoe's ones, to play for a coach who are not under the pressure of the Minister of sports etc. etc. etc. and continue to love the country of their parents...

France is their country, don't forget that (you have players of Algeria who don't even speak arabic...)

Guest mimifrench

What a nice choice !

Hum...I'm not sure...

Of course it is !

It's your point.

For my part, I firmly think that geat players - 1 example with 3 Algerian descent : Zidane, Benzema, Nasri ("little idiots" all ?) - will choose to play in good conditions, in a stable environment, without spending their all times to ask for non paid wages (that's the case in the majority of african national teams), to play in real football fields and not potatoe's ones, to play for a coach who are not under the pressure of the Minister of sports etc. etc. etc. and continue to love the country of their parents...

France is their country, don't forget that (you have players of Algeria who don't even speak arabic...)

Please stop with the clichés...

I would be very proud to represent my parents' country even in a "potatoe field" !

Read what you wrote again, please !

For you, it is unthinkable that a very talented player chooses the country of his roots, even if he is that good ?? (As good as he could be).

You have a strange vision concerning those players...

PS : if i don't like Benzema and Nasri, it's only because they are both arrogant and stupid but absolutely not because they didn't choose to play for Algeria. It's a personal choice above all...

This is getting pretty political which is typical of most French discussions. The fact is, like Sewelly said, it's not a definitive judgement. If he pushes on, gets some first team action in the PL this season, I could see him opting for the French national team. It's very difficult to turn down the opportunity to contend for major international honours

Guest mimifrench

This is getting pretty political which is typical of most French discussions. The fact is, like Sewelly said, it's not a definitive judgement. If he pushes on, gets some first team action in the PL this season, I could see him opting for the French national team. It's very difficult to turn down the opportunity to contend for major international honours

Sorry but what is that ?

So, you think that if he sees the door open in France squad, he'll go there ? Saying that means that opting for Algeria is a "choice by default"... and it is not ! In an interviaw a few months ago, Abeid said that he'd be delighted to play with Algeria.

Algeria isn't the dustbin of players who are not able to be in the French squad, keep that in mind...

@hatem garrincha : if you want to continue the discussion, i'd be happy to do so (in PM and of course in French).

Sorry for the HS (irrelevant).

Guest hatem garrincha

What a nice choice !

Hum...I'm not sure...

Of course it is !

It's your point.

Please stop with the clichés...

I would be very proud to represent my parents' country even in a "potatoe field" !

Read what you wrote again, please !

For you, it is unthinkable that a very talented player chooses the country of his roots, even if he is that good ?? (As good as he could be).

You have a strange vision concerning those players...

PS : if i don't like Benzema and Nasri, it's only because they are both arrogant and stupid but absolutely not because they didn't choose to play for Algeria. It's a personal choice above all...

"Clichés" ?  :lol: Please wake up : MY (their) parents country is sh*te in terms of football structures and organisation and if a player like Zidane, Benzema or Nasri, choose to play for MY (their) parents country instead of MY (their) country, HE is a "little idiot" without any brain  :lol:

Sorry but what is that ?

So, you think that if he sees the door open in France squad, he'll go there ?

That's exactly what I'm saying. People can say what they want in interviews, when it comes to decisions, people often do the opposite. He should play for the country that he feels the most allegiance to, the one in his heart but if there is no feeling there, then practical considerations will dominate which country he plays for

Sorry but what is that ?

So, you think that if he sees the door open in France squad, he'll go there ?

That's exactly what I'm saying. People can say what they want in interviews, when it comes to decisions, people often do the opposite. He should play for the country that he feels the most allegiance to, the one in his heart but if there is no feeling there, then practical considerations will dominate which country he plays for

Agree with that.

Guest hatem garrincha

Ok, you've won, i give up.

We have definitely not the same vision of football...

It was not a "winning" game.  I'm just trying to explain to you some realities in YOUR (OUR, THEIR) parents country which are not as "pink" as you want to see them (including non football matters)

Guest mimifrench

It was not a "winning" game.  I'm just trying to explain to you some realities in YOUR (OUR, THEIR) parents country which are not as "pink" as you want to see them (including non football matters)

But of course i know it !!! Fortunately for me...

I didn't say that the life and football there were "all pink". I'm going there every holidays, i know what i'm talking about, trust me...

Look at the Algeria squad for example : at the moment they are doing absolutely wrong, no good players, a strange serb coach, no qualification for the CAN and maybe WC in 2014... I know the infrastructures are not good and the pressure of politicians exist in those countries but it's not which is interesting for me...

It's just that you can feel love for a country, as a player, you can want to make your parents proud of you by playing in their birth country.

"The heart has its reasons that the reason ignore" as we say in French... 

Guest hatem garrincha

But of course i know it !!! Fortunately for me...

I didn't say that the life and football there were "all pink". I'm going there every holidays, i know what i'm talking about, trust me...

Look at the Algeria squad for example : at the moment they are doing absolutely wrong, no good players, a strange serb coach, no qualification for the CAN and maybe WC in 2014... I know the infrastructures are not good and the pressure of politicians exist in those countries but it's not which is interesting for me...

It's just that you can feel love for a country, as a player, you can want to make your parents proud of you by playing in their birth country.

"The heart has its reasons that the reason ignore" as we say in French...

You mean we share the same "clichés" ?  O0

Guest hatem garrincha

When it comes to players deciding where their loyalty lies for which country they play for, I don't really think it's anyone's business apart from the player's, and second guessing why is pretty silly.

I'm not "guessing", I'm talking about facts that you totally ignore.

It's a big debate in France which include the country's immigration history - which is completely different in many aspects than your - social and political matters.

French professional football landscape and "demography" is completely shaken since the 1990's. Compare the french national team in 1982 world cup with today and you will understand.

The likes of Ben Arfa, Benzema, Abou Diaby, Lassana Diarra...and those from previous generations, like Sabri Lamouchi, Makelele etc. came from a social environment that have been marginalized, socially and geographically for decades. Abeid is the son or maybe the son of the son of a man who came, without his family, from Algeria in the sixties to work, on exploitation conditions, for french factories. The universe of the kid Abeid, like all others in his case or from foreign origin, was a poor suburb of Paris without any social link with the capital, where unemployement rate is largely higher than the national average, the education system catastrophic, cultural events = 0, transports = 0 etc. etc. and where the only pleasure for them is football on the street, an activity that doesn't require resources.

All these kids are french, speak in french, think in french, but have the feeling - rightly -  to not be considered as French.

They are also conscious and proud of their roots, even if many of them never fly to their parents or grandparents country, nor speak arabic, senegalese or malian...

You're right, when choice time comes, it's their own business, but experience and FACTS show that the best footballers among them choose France, the others ,the olders players mainly, who have never been into different national youth teams, choose their parent country BY DEFAULT.

Now the youngest like Abeid and some others who have played for France under 17 until 21: They grew when the rejection and fears  towards islam and/or arabs and/or populations from suburbs etc. were the highest in France (and Europe generally)

I'm convinced that their choice is also led by that. It is more a reaction or a defiant choice than a matured one at 17 or 18 years old.

It's a bad english text but maybe understable on it large lines...

hmmm think you misunderstood 'second-guessing' a bit there, not saying it's not informed but it's still rather up to the player

You make a fair point that an angry 17 year old making a decision out of spite for rejection is a poor one, but it is theirs to make. The fault here lies entirely with France putting players in this position and failing to 'sell' playing for france to them, if they get their act together more players will play for them.