Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Yep, as much as I'm not blown away by some of McClaren's choices, this was in the pipeline for ages.

Only because McClaren was clueless about the squad he was inheriting. Either that or he's so spineless the hierarchy can sell any player under his nose and he won't object.

Yep, as much as I'm not blown away by some of McClaren's choices, this was in the pipeline for ages.

yeeeeah but given he's the new manager coming in you'd think he might have wanted to have a look at what he had on the books before shipping people out?  same goes for the young french lad that we let go

absolute stupidity when you then go and play obertan ahead of aarons and perez :lol:

the man is clueless

Only because McClaren was clueless about the squad he was inheriting. Either that or he's so spineless the hierarchy can sell any player under his nose and he won't object.

i'll have to use spineless in future, i got pelters for saying cowardly the other day in the exact same context :thup:

• 2 months later...

Aye, always thought it was a mistake letting him go. Club seemed desperate to get rid of him as soon as he had those few loan spells under his belt for some reason.

Didn't understand it either. Would welcome him back.

Young, energetic, good passer and as already mentioned a far better player than the absolute dross we've had in midfield this season. Another who was badly judged and cast aside unfairly. Would have him back in a heartbeat as I think he's be quality in the Championship but can't see him coming back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mehdi-abeid-wanted-top-european-11143789

Would have him here over Colback, Anita, Tiote, etc in a heartbeat.

Who are these top European clubs that are supposedly after him?

Porto, Marseille & Valencia apparently.

Good luck to the lad if it comes off. I don't know if he was top club material, but he was our best defensive midfielder before he got sold.

100% would have him back and starting in a flash, showed more in his brief cameos than most of our lot have shown in years, badly mistreated in his time here, still cannot get my head round the fact no one could see the untapped potential the lad had. No world beater but he was solid.

100% would have him back and starting in a flash, showed more in his brief cameos than most of our lot have shown in years, badly mistreated in his time here, still cannot get my head round the fact no one could see the untapped potential the lad had. No world beater but he was solid.

WHAT ABOUT THAT MISTAKE AGAINST MAN U THOUGH *licks lips*

WHAT ABOUT THAT MISTAKE AGAINST MAN U THOUGH *licks lips*

I forgot he gets the same measuring stick as HBA, but Colback and Gouffran can give away set plays and mistimed tackles that result in goals all the time so long as they look like they're "working hard".

Emitting a perception of hard work to spastic fans > success on the football pitch

Come on mate, you should know this. #ForzaGouff

Yeah I thought I was in some alternate reality where actual footballing skill and productivity actually count for something. Stupid, I know!

His treatment under Pardew was generally non-existent. He get a run in the team, played well, then got injured - Pardew left.

But it was Carver that really treated the lad unfairly. Kept individually digging him out in the press and from the sidelines. And IMO his form suffered as a consequence badly. Looked extremely nervous under Carver. His performance were very poor but imo you could literally hear and see why. Talking silly fouls, mistakes, passing etc.

Under SMC he would've been the best DM in the club i'm sure. Absolutely fantastic at his best.

Emitting a perception of hard work to spastic fans > success on the football pitch

Come on mate, you should know this. #ForzaGouff

Yeah I thought I was in some alternate reality where actual footballing skill and productivity actually count for something. Stupid, I know!

That's the Illuminati making you think that bro. Don't let them get you down.

His treatment under Pardew was generally non-existent. He get a run in the team, played well, then got injured - Pardew left.

But it was Carver that really treated the lad unfairly. Kept individually digging him out in the press and from the sidelines. And IMO his form suffered as a consequence badly. Looked extremely nervous under Carver. His performance were very poor but imo you could literally hear and see why. Talking silly fouls, mistakes, passing etc.

Under SMC he would've been the best DM in the club i'm sure. Absolutely fantastic at his best.

Pards played a blinder don't you think?

May be your best post of all time.