Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

£27m & Sturridge for Tiote?

Don't think I'd take that to be honest.

Of course not.

I'd rather had Andy Carroll than 35 mio. I'd rather still have Tiote than having 27 mio.

Would be much different if we really 'spent' that money on new players and not just on new vending machines or tactic boards which nobody will ever see.

Hmm, as much as I love Tiote, I think I would tbh.

My reasoning would be that all we would be getting, in affect, is Sturridge for Tiote.  Who knows where the 27m would go?

My reasoning would be that all we would be getting, in affect, is Sturridge for Tiote.  Who knows where the 27m would go?

What I've said just in other words.  :thup:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Definitely not. We're fucking lucky to have someone as good as Tiote.

Guest kingdawson

Wait, you think you'd take it?

So 27m and Sturridge is 10m too much for Modric yet you only "think" you'd accept 27m and sturridge for Tiote?

Guest kingdawson

so to summarise..

You'd "snap their hands off" if it's 27m and sturridge for Modric but you'd "think" you would take the same amount for Tiote, meaning you have to think long and hard. Am i right?

so to summarise..

You'd "snap their hands off" if it's 27m and sturridge for Modric but you'd "think" you would take the same amount for Tiote, meaning you'd have to think long and hard. Am i right?

You're liable to reinvest the money straight back into the team and squad, we're not. I think that's the point that is being made. If we were guarenteed to reinvest I'd snap their hands off that.

so to summarise..

You'd "snap their hands off" if it's 27m and sturridge for Modric but you'd "think" you would take the same amount for Tiote, meaning you'd have to think long and hard. Am i right?

Completely different situations.

We need Tiote more than you need Modric, and you're more likely to take that money and replace him properly, whilst we are less likely to.

Guest Heneage

so to summarise..

You'd "snap their hands off" if it's 27m and sturridge for Modric but you'd "think" you would take the same amount for Tiote, meaning you have to think long and hard. Am i right?

It's all about importance to the side and likelihood of reinvestment. Folk aren't saying Modric is worth it but Tiote isn't they are saying to us a club it's not worth it because the owner wouldn't reinvest like Spurs would with the Modric money.

Surely you'd be the same if Levy said 'We are accepting this deal as we have adequate cover for him already'.

Guest kingdawson

so to summarise..

You're liable to reinvest the money straight back into the team and squad, we're not.

I'm almost certainly sure Optimistic nut wasn't thinking about reinvestment otherwise why accept 27m and Sturridge when you might as well take Sturridge in a swap deal and tell Chelsea to keep the cash. No doubt he'll say something different though.

Guest kingdawson

btw i get what people are saying and i'd more then likely think the same if i was a Newcastle fan. What i'm saying is that it's pretty damn obvious Optimistic wasn't thinking about reinvestment whilst making his point.

so to summarise..

If you sell Modric, it's certain Redknapp will spend the money on a replacement.

If we sell Tiote, it's not certain Pardew will get the money on a replacement...it's a gamble.

Simple.

If Spurs do sell Modric do you think they'd replace him directly or use the money to buy a big name striker & maybe drop vdV back into the Modric role?

Think it would make more sense for them to bring in another striker and go with two up top, they relied to heavily on VDV scoring from an advanced role last season.

Guest kingdawson

so to summarise..

If you sell Modric, it's certain Redknapp will spend the money on a replacement.

If we sell Tiote, it's not certain Pardew will get the money on a replacement...it's a gamble.

Simple.

so if it's a gamble why would you accept the deal? oh you're saying you'd be ok with tiote for sturridge straight swap then if the gamble fails?

so to summarise..

Simple.

so if it's a gamble why would you accept the deal? oh you're saying you'd be ok with tiote for sturridge straight swap then if the gamble fails?

With £27m I think you can be confident Harry would spend it wisely and buy someone of good calibre to replace him, with us,

a) It's highly unlikely we'd spend that cash.

b) Would we sign someone anywhere near Tiote's ability?

Guest kingdawson

If Spurs do sell Modric do you think they'd replace him directly or use the money to buy a big name striker & maybe drop vdV back into the Modric role?

well vdv plays a deep role for Holland so it could work but NO WAY if it's partnering Huddlestone in a 4-4-2. Him and Sandro could be ok though.

Guest kingdawson

so to summarise..

Simple.

With £27m I think you can be confident Harry would spend it wisely and buy someone of good calibre to replace him, with us,

ok i get it. So if it's highly unlikely you'd spend the cash...........why exactly would you accept the deal in the first place?

so to summarise..

Simple.

ok i get it. So if it's highly unlikely you'd spend the cash...........why exactly would you accept the deal in the first place?

We need some new goal nets.