Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

For me at least, Arsenal's priorities should be a keeper, a centre back, a left back and a striker to cover Van Persie's annual break down. The midfield still looks pretty damn strong.

In that order?

For me at least, Arsenal's priorities should be a keeper, a centre back, a left back and a striker to cover Van Persie's annual break down. The midfield still looks pretty damn strong.

It does, but do you think it looks better than last years???

Arsenal are going to get relegated if this carries on.

My opinion is we look stronger going forward this year

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Ramsey-Gervinho

RvP

I'm happy that forward line can challenge for the league, just need an additional centre back to come straight in, an additional winger and striker cover. Possibly a CM to challenge Ramsey which Jadson seems like he would be.

You've got to love your blind optimism, but Ramsey is not better than Cesc and Gervinho is not better than Nasri. :lol:

Fabregas bottled it big time. Not a leader at all, which is fair enough.

Should have revelled in being the captain of Arsenal, which despite what anyone says, is an absolute top class club.

For whatever reason they are unable to buy big at the moment, but he should have just focused on his game, and getting better, and also trying to galvanize and inspire confidence in the younger players, many of whom are hugely talented. He should have embraced the challenge if he truly had any balls.

Instead he's chosen to go over to Barca and just be another flash name on the teamsheet. Nice, easy ride.

Fabregas LeBron James'd it. Punk move really.

Hats off to Van Persie. Never whinges or cries about not winning a trophy every season or wanting more money etc. Just goes out there and does the business. Just needs to stay fit throughout a season, and Arsenal will do much better. They really miss him when he's out. Top, top player.

In that order?

Nah, centre back is the priority in my opinion.

By saying RvP is overrated, I hope you do understand I don't mean he's s***. I just mean that Arsenal fans tend to think he's the best striker in the world which I absolutely disagree with. He's one of the better in the Premier League no doubt, but he's nowhere near being the absolutely best in the world.

Not the best in the world but as has been said, a fit RvP could walk into any team in the world (pretty much)

Disagreed until you put pretty much at the end in. I could say this, he would never walk into the best teams in the world.

I'd rather him than Rooney and I think he'd be better than Villa for Barca, personally.

In that order?

To be honest GK is last of our worries.

If it was me I'd go centre back, left back, winger, striker, centre mid, keeper.

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Ramsey-Gervinho

RvP

I'm happy that forward line can challenge for the league, just need an additional centre back to come straight in, an additional winger and striker cover. Possibly a CM to challenge Ramsey which Jadson seems like he would be.

You've got to love your blind optimism, but Ramsey is not better than Cesc and Gervinho is not better than Nasri. :lol:

I think Ramsey will be better THIS season than Cesc was last. Only time will tell I suppose. Technically Nasri is much better, better passer and vision but I think Gervinho's end product is something that will be much more useful. Head to head obviously the former two players are the "better players"

In that order?

If it was me I'd go centre back, left back, winger, striker, centre mid, keeper.

A centre back and left back are absolutely essential. Unsure why you didn't stick a bid in for Enrique at the price he went for, bargain.

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Ramsey-Gervinho

RvP

Gervinho is much more direct than Nasri, and looked a much more dangerous player. Ultimately I think he will aid more in Arsenal's inability to be more productive in the final third.

In a similar respect, I wouldn't say Walcott was necessary a better player than either Arshavin or Rosicky overall, but he is far more direct, dangerous and threatening than those two at the moment, in the final third. Having Walcott and Gervinho wide is going to be a huge headache for teams.

Losing Fabregas' skills is going to be huge though. he was the ultimate in playing those through balls that Gervinho and Walcott would absolutely lap up. I love Ramsey, but I think arsenal could do with getting in a more accomplished playmaker in the Fabregas mould.

Arsenal will be just fine I reckon.

In that order?

A centre back and left back are absolutely essential. Unsure why you didn't stick a bid in for Enrique at the price he went for, bargain.

Completely agree. I've been thinking recently about Micah Richards in the Nasri deal, I think he'd be brilliant for us, I really rate him, he's an Arsenal fan, he doesn't get games as much as he'd like and he also has the pace you need to play in our back four.

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Ramsey-Gervinho

RvP

I think Ramsey will be better THIS season than Cesc was last. Only time will tell I suppose. Technically Nasri is much better, better passer and vision but I think Gervinho's end product is something that will be much more useful. Head to head obviously the former two players are the "better players"

Might be a first game thing, but Gervinho's end product was nonexistent against us. 

Not even a lack of understanding thing.  Struggled to get crosses past the front post. 

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Ramsey-Gervinho

RvP

Might be a first game thing, but Gervinho's end product was nonexistent against us. 

Not even a lack of understanding thing.  Struggled to get crosses past the front post. 

I think it was, the pace was very different to that of pre-season and he's getting his head around it but I think he'll be fantastic, once he serves his suspension  :idiot2:

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Ramsey-Gervinho

RvP

Don't see that being a major problm, if he can continue to get to he byline so easily against teams.

He was looking to cut it back, as he was getting so far down the byline, and the Arsenal strikers really should have been looking to make runs to the near post.

Think the team will figure it out, and he will be an absolute terror.

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Ramsey-Gervinho

RvP

Don't see that being a major problm, if he can continue to get to he byline so easily against teams.

He was looking to cut it back, as he was getting so far down the byline, and the Arsenal strikers really should have been looking to make runs to the near post.

Which Arsenal strikers? They barely have any. RVP isn't what I'd call a striker. You could see they lacked presence in the box on a number of occasions; someone there to put the ball away.

A good example was early on, IIRC, when Gervinho got into the box on the right. He pulled it back and only RVP was in a decent position, and he was being marked by at least 2 Newcastle players.

Their performance just summed up everything that is wrong with them, attacking-wise.

And you might think, well, wait until we see what he does with the Fabregas/Nasri money. Thing is, I can't see him spending it on a proven, established goalscorer.

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Ramsey-Gervinho

RvP

Which Arsenal strikers? They barely have any. RVP isn't what I'd call a striker. You could see they lacked presence in the box on a number of occasions; someone there to put the ball away.

A good example was early on, IIRC, when Gervinho got into the box on the right. He pulled it back and only RVP was in a decent position, and he was being marked by at least 2 Newcastle players.

Their performance just summed up everything that is wrong with them, attacking-wise.

Well you're kind of emphasising my point really!

The strikers/wingers/midfielders were as much of the problem, rather than just Gervinho.

Arsenal players don't do very well getting into scoring positions in the box.

Thought Gervinho did more than enough in the game against us. Didn't seem to have many options to pick out though, as you say.

Fabregas gone? What? I thought we were the only club that were left powerless when a bigger club comes hunting for our best players? Scumbag Wenger...what a liar, promised fans that Fabregas will be staying and did the complete opposite!  :snod:

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Ramsey-Gervinho

RvP

Well you're kind of emphasising my point really!

The strikers/wingers/midfielders were as much of the problem, rather than just Gervinho.

Arsenal players don't do very well getting into scoring positions in the box.

Thought Gervinho did more than enough in the game against us. Didn't seem to have many options to pick out though, as you say.

I'm emphasising your point because I agree with you. :thup:

It was truly textbook Arsenal when the other defence doesn't open up. Gooners mustn't have been too encouraged by what they saw.

Indeed, as if to give them another slap in their face, Man Utd did exactly what Arsenal couldn't the day before - win away from home against a mid-table team when you're not playing that well. That just served to emphasise how far Arsenal will be away from the title this year.

By saying RvP is overrated, I hope you do understand I don't mean he's s***. I just mean that Arsenal fans tend to think he's the best striker in the world which I absolutely disagree with. He's one of the better in the Premier League no doubt, but he's nowhere near being the absolutely best in the world.

Not the best in the world but as has been said, a fit RvP could walk into any team in the world (pretty much)

Disagreed until you put pretty much at the end in. I could say this, he would never walk into the best teams in the world.

I'd rather him than Rooney and I think he'd be better than Villa for Barca, personally.

??? Your delusional, who in their right mind would say that? van Persie better than Rooney? Better than Villa? Come on, get a grip of yourself.

Rooney brings so much more to a team than van Persie does that its ridiculous. Rooney also rarely goes missing, and when he isn't scoring he's helping the team at everyother aspect of the game.

Ok, Fàbregas transfer is over. FINALLY.

Numbers, according to us we are paying €29m in two installments + €6m addons (2*€2m for winning La Liga, €1m for winning the CL in the next 5 years)  + €5m in yearly €1m installments deducted from Cesc's wages.