Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Yes, you're correct Sewelly. And yes, I've accounted for Victor fucking Anichebe.

The truth of the matter is, the future is bleak barring a seemingly highly unlikely takeover. Our hierarchy tells us fuck all and when they do - as we've seen with the Blue Union meeting and the subsequent aftermath - it appears things are a lot worse than what we previously thought. Our chairman has no idea how to sell the club and the rest of the powers-that-be are contributing nothing. As I've said now on a few occasions, I know you lot have problems with your hierarchy and they are fully justified concerns, but from what I've seen, at least your owner has a plan - albeit an unpopular direction. Ours apparently has no clue.

I still fully expect us to finish in the top half and 7th is fully achievable again. But in terms of how we go on, it's not good at all. I know they have their own specific circumstances but you see teams like fucking Blackburn and Birmingham get money pumped into them and you honestly think, what have we done not to deserve some investment that - and without sounding arrogant - those inferior clubs have done? Even just look around mid-table. Bloody Sunderland are rolling in it, relatively.Sunderland.

Yet despite all the negativity, we are just some investment away - and I don't mean Man City standards - for us to really move forwards IMO. It's just at the moment, for various reasons, it's not looking likely at all.

Interested to see what happens in terms of strikers though. Am I right in thinking if Saha is out the only striker they have is Stracqualursi?

Edit: Never realised how old Saha is, like. Just turned 33.

Anichebe

Distin, Neville & Cahill aren´t exactly spring chickens either. How will they be able to replace them and Saha in 1-2 years? They´ll be fine this year, but without any investment they are going to struggle.

Yes, you're correct Sewelly. And yes, I've accounted for Victor f***ing Anichebe.

The truth of the matter is, the future is bleak barring a seemingly highly unlikely takeover. Our hierarchy tells us f*** all and when they do - as we've seen with the Blue Union meeting and the subsequent aftermath - it appears things are a lot worse than what we previously thought. Our chairman has no idea how to sell the club and the rest of the powers-that-be are contributing nothing. As I've said now on a few occasions, I know you lot have problems with your hierarchy and they are fully justified concerns, but from what I've seen, at least your owner has a plan - albeit an unpopular direction. Ours apparently has no clue.

I still fully expect us to finish in the top half and 7th is fully achievable again. But in terms of how we go on, it's not good at all. I know they have their own specific circumstances but you see teams like f***ing Blackburn and Birmingham get money pumped into them and you honestly think, what have we done not to deserve some investment that - and without sounding arrogant - those inferior clubs have done? Even just look around mid-table. Bloody Sunderland are rolling in it, relatively.Sunderland.

Yet despite all the negativity, we are just some investment away - and I don't mean Man City standards - for us to really move forwards IMO. It's just at the moment, for various reasons, it's not looking likely at all.

It is the case that someone can invest in Everton and get the investment back...when you pump a billion into a club like they have at City, youre getting a tiny bit back (not that they care really) but Everton are in the position i say we were in the 90's, investment can lead to a rejuvination of the club. That being said, we went a bit far by the time we entered the mid 00's...Id worry if nowt happened in the next 2 or 3 years though as the likes of Cahill, Saha, Jagielka and Phil Neville are getting old and you will struggle to replace that core...

Guest Haris Vuckic

Everton will stay up - Moyes being the main reason.

He's had some shit teams in his time & no real money, the man could squeeze blood out of a stone.

Why are people so pessimistic about Everton ?

The core of Everton is still there - same defence, same keeper, same central midfielders.

Yakubu left - but he was redundant

Beckford left - but he wasn't prolific, and he was replaced by someone who looks impressive on paper

Arteta left - but he was always injured. Seamus Coleman has proven to be an able deputy, and they got Drenthe in on loan as well

This season they have Ross Barkley who seems impressive

They are skint, but their squad is hardly compromised.

Guest sydneycove

Team of players who will improve/increase in value over the next 3 - 5 years.

------------------de Gea-------

Santon----Dann-----Jones-----Enrique

-----------------Romeu---------------------

A Young-------Cabaye-------------Mata

-----------------Vuckevic--------------

----------Lukaku---------Aguero

Ruiz, Long,  Jenkinson, Coates, Wickham, Situ and Chamberlin

Guest johnson293

Nicked from Twitter...

"The moment Drenthe & Stracqualursi realised their agents had been economical with the 'famous club in Liverpool' claim"

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9527/screenshot20110902at125.png

Nicked from Twitter...

"The moment Drenthe & Stracqualursi realised their agents had been economical with the 'famous club in Liverpool' claim"

A better looking Tevez.

Guest kingdawson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1390662/Premier-League-transfers--2011-summer.html

Premierleague signing XI for me (I based more on long term view)

David de Gea

Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Phil Jones, Per Mertesacker, Jose Enrique

Charlie Adam, Yohan Cabaye, Alex Young

Demba Ba, Sergio Arguero

How exactly have you decided to pick Ba over Lukaku?

Nicked from Twitter...

:lol: