Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Loven11

Ajax hope to resume negotiations with AZ Alkmaar this week over the potential transfer of Kolbeinn Sigthorsson.

From the sunderland echo:

SUNDERLAND expect to make rapid progress on the transfer front in the next few days, with Ji Dong-Won and Darron Gibson’s moves close to completion, writes GRAEME ANDERSON.

With free transfers Keiren Westwood and Seb Larsson both likely to go through and striker David Ngog set to agree to move from Liverpool, boss Steve Bruce can hope to have five new recruits in the very near future.

Guest geordienorway

SUNDERLAND expect to make rapid progress on the transfer front in the next few days, with Ji Dong-Won and Darron Gibson’s moves close to completion, writes GRAEME ANDERSON.

With free transfers Keiren Westwood and Seb Larsson both likely to go through and striker David Ngog set to agree to move from Liverpool, boss Steve Bruce can hope to have five new recruits in the very near future.

Fucking hell, I'd be depressed if I was a Sunderland fan.

i have to agree to not knowing about Dong ( :lol:) but transfers such as gibson and ngog dont really seem like upgrades on what they have?

Guest Wearside

£5m cash up front bid for Craig Gardner made.

I would be very happy if we pull this deal off.

He's a good bloke Gazidis, very well spoken, says (all in all) the right thing and has done his best today to reassure the fans that the club are equally as disappointed as the fans are with this season's performance. Only time will tell though and the transfer dealings that are done.

I know nothing about him but Arsenal's directors over the years have generally been very professional.  On the couple of occasions I've met David Dein I've always been left with the wish that he and Levy could work together, they would be awesome.  How Arsenal can ignore someone of his talent I will never understand.

Gazidis sounded excellent when I heard him interviewed, pretty much the perfect chief exec. I guess he puts so much faith in Wenger that he won't try to influence the signing policy, except to make it clear when there's money available.

Guest Wearside

SUNDERLAND expect to make rapid progress on the transfer front in the next few days, with Ji Dong-Won and Darron Gibsons moves close to completion, writes GRAEME ANDERSON.

i have to agree to not knowing about Dong ( :lol:) but transfers such as gibson and ngog dont really seem like upgrades on what they have?

Gardner and Gibson would be a big improvement on the two they are replacing in Zenden and Muntari.

He's a good bloke Gazidis, very well spoken, says (all in all) the right thing and has done his best today to reassure the fans that the club are equally as disappointed as the fans are with this season's performance. Only time will tell though and the transfer dealings that are done.

I know nothing about him but Arsenal's directors over the years have generally been very professional.  On the couple of occasions I've met David Dein I've always been left with the wish that he and Levy could work together, they would be awesome.  How Arsenal can ignore someone of his talent I will never understand.

Obvious issue being he wants us to be like Chelsea and spunk money up the wall, we can't do that but he is a brilliant man and I spoke to him once outside the Emirates and he was a really top bloke who loves the club and he should be involved, although he won't be.

His name was brought up at the AGM (to cheers btw) and was dismissed.

Obvious issue being he wants us to be like Chelsea and spunk money up the wall, we can't do that but he is a brilliant man and I spoke to him once outside the Emirates and he was a really top bloke who loves the club and he should be involved, although he won't be.

His name was brought up at the AGM (to cheers btw) and was dismissed.

I've only spoken to him twice after NLD's but never came across as someone who would spend money rashly tbh, though he did one time say something to the effect that no more than a third of the squad should be expected to be home produced.  Even with Arsenal's youth production, that still leaves a minimum of 16 players in a squad of 25 to be brought in. 

Guest Loven11

Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng says he has agreed a four-year contract with German giants Bayern Munich and has urged the two clubs to reach a deal.

"It is true that I have agreed with Bayern on a four-year deal. Now it is up to Manchester to make it work. At the moment they are making things a bit difficult," Boateng told Kicker Magazine.