Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Would imagine they'll rotate Lescott for PL & Agger for Europe. A ridiculous luxury that they can't actually afford.

Doubt City will buy anyone 'til they shift the large volumes of hideously expensive deadwood. Adebayor, Santa Cruz, fatty Johnson, Weiss etc.

Toure is also being strongly linked with a move to Turkey.

Fatty Johnson on a good contract? Such a shame what's happened to his career. When he came onto the scene he had great technique, was really strong and always looking to move forward with the ball

Would imagine they'll rotate Lescott for PL & Agger for Europe. A ridiculous luxury that they can't actually afford.

Doubt City will buy anyone 'til they shift the large volumes of hideously expensive deadwood. Adebayor, Santa Cruz, fatty Johnson, Weiss etc.

Toure is also being strongly linked with a move to Turkey.

Aye they'll let Toure go easily. Can't believe they still have Santa Cruz on the books, what a waste.

Fatty Johnson on a good contract? Such a shame what's happened to his career. When he came onto the scene he had great technique, was really strong and always looking to move forward with the ball

Would've thought so, he was big news when they tied him down. 5 years signed in 2009.

Decent story on him here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jun/02/daniel-taylor-michael-johnson

Agger is definitely better than Lescott.

Only thing Lescott has over him is fitness.

Lescott is clearly better in the air as well. More confident in him in 1-on-1 situations too. Agger is still a very good player like and a lot better on the ball, Lescott's technique isn't exactly the best.

If I was picking one though I would always go with Lescott. More solid and reliable.

You can never underestimate the value of a good CB partnership either, him & Kompany are brilliant together so Mancini would be crazy to split them. Anyone they buy should only be a Savic replacement.

Guest Howaythetoon

Lescott is better than Agger. Its a shame Lescott seems to have fallen into the well he's English so is therefore inferior to a foreign player kind of category that seems all too common in opinions these days. He shone for Everton and is a starter for the League Champions, and has pretty much all his career, peformed to a consistently high standard. He's a better all-rounder than Terry for example and like I said better than Agger who is also a decent player. Lescott has it all as a centre-back and is comfortably among the best in Europe at the moment. Agger, I would place below that category. Somehwhat in between say our own Steven Taylor and Colo for example.Lescott I'd regard alongside Colo.

Lescott is better than Agger. Its a shame Lescott seems to have fallen into the well he's English so is therefore inferior to a foreign player kind of category that seems all too common in opinions these days. He shone for Everton and is a starter for the League Champions, and has pretty much all his career, peformed to a consistently high standard. He's a better all-rounder than Terry for example and like I said better than Agger who is also a decent player. Lescott has it all as a centre-back and is comfortably among the best in Europe at the moment. Agger, I would place below that category. Somehwhat in between say our own Steven Taylor and Colo for example.Lescott I'd regard alongside Colo.

:lol: You think English players are underrated?

And Lescott has never been a better all-around center back than John Terry. Let's be honest, City could plug-in any player next to Kompany and hardly skip a beat.

Guest Howaythetoon

And Lescott has never been a better all-around center back than John Terry. Let's be honest, City could plug-in any player next to Kompany and hardly skip a beat.

No but a good number are tarred with the lacks technical ability and is English and therefore is shit tag. Lescott is a much better all-rounder than Terry ever was. As for your last line that's just plain silly. Whenever Savic played they looked ropey as did the player himself. One of the reasons Kompany has shone is down to having such a good partner alongside him and likewise for Lescott. They are the best CB pairing in the league and on a par with any in Europe. Agger is good but not top-class.

No but a good number are tarred with the lacks technical ability and is English and therefore is shit tag. Lescott is a much better all-rounder than Terry ever was. As for your last line that's just plain silly. Whenever Savic played they looked ropey as did the player himself. One of the reasons Kompany has shone is down to having such a good partner alongside him and likewise for Lescott. They are the best CB pairing in the league and on a par with any in Europe. Agger is good but not top-class.

It's the other way about.  Lescott was great last season, but a good part of that is because he is playing alongside the best centre back in the world and learning a lot.  Colo shone all season and he was playing alongside Williamson for the most part ffs.

Lescott was the best English centre back in the league last season, but he's not up there in the top bracket of CB's in the league which is Kompany, Colo, Agger and Vidic.

Guest Howaythetoon

Vidic is past in man.

Agger is decent like I said but not at the level of Lescott. Kompany alonsgide him or not. People forget just how good Lescott was for Everton. Agger is too iffy positionally for me.

Taylor was better than Lescott before his injury, he is'nt as good as Kompany makes him. Put anyone competent next to Kompany and they will shine.

Lescott is the Williamson to Kompany's Coloccini, of course he's much better than Williamson but he still is'nt anywhere near " top class ".

Yes Lescott and Kompany have a good partnership in the League, but in the CL they were exploited as a partnership, which is why City are looking for someone better than Lescott who can give them a better chance of competing in the CL.

Agger has proven to be able to handle the best attacks around for Liverpool in the CL and for Denmark at the Euros, if he was just merely " good " then Barcelona wouldn't want him.

He's class, but unfortunately he's also glass.

iirc there was a stat saying City's win percentage last season was much poorer without Lescott than without Kompany.

The 'Lescott relies on Kompany' view is extremely lazy. Also shows how ignorant people are to just how good the Lescott/Jagielka partnership was before Jags' serious knee injury in May 2009. I wouldn't have swapped them for any other pairing in the league back then.

iirc there was a stat saying City's win percentage last season was much poorer without Lescott than without Kompany.

The 'Lescott relies on Kompany' view is extremely lazy. Also shows how ignorant people are to just how good the Lescott/Jagielka partnership was before Jags' serious knee injury in May 2009. I wouldn't have swapped them for any other pairing in the league back then.

There's also a stat that we have won over 60% of our games with Williamson, it really doesn't mean anything. Also as i mentioned before Lescott got hype at Everton based off the season where he scored over 10 goals as a LB which is where most of his good and consistent performances came.

I'm not denying Lescott is a good defender, he is but he isn't CL level as last season showed and Agger is as he's shown many times.

I really get the feeling Agger is not rated on here because A. he plays for Liverpool B. He's constantly injured.

Lescott is a lot like Vermealen IMO, two defenders who are technically good and score a decent amount of goals for a defender but both are in a positional sense wise very rash, it's funny Agger's supposed lack of positional sense is brought up because that's the exact thing Lescott struggles with.

There's also a stat that we have won over 60% of our games with Williamson, it really doesn't mean anything. Also as i mentioned before Lescott got hype at Everton based off the season where he scored over 10 goals as a LB which is where most of his good and consistent performances came.

I'm not denying Lescott is a good defender, he is but he isn't CL level as last season showed and Agger is as he's shown many times.

I really get the feeling Agger is not rated on here because A. he plays for Liverpool B. He's constantly injured.

Lescott is a lot like Vermealen IMO, two defenders who are technically good and score a decent amount of goals for a defender but both are in a positional sense wise very rash, it's funny Agger's supposed lack of positional sense is brought up because that's the exact thing Lescott struggles with.

Totally, totally, totally wrong.

Baffled as to why you are trying to tell me about his best performances at Everton when I'm a season ticket holder there.  :dowie:

I don't think the last part of your post is quite correct to be honest- I'd say Lescott is almost the opposite in that he's not as good or confident on the ball but a good defender who forms a line well, reads the game well, uses his strength to good effect etc.

Totally, totally, totally wrong.

Baffled as to why you are trying to tell me about his best performances at Everton when I'm a season ticket holder there.  :dowie:

Does'nt mean your right though does it  :lol: just like you could correct me something about Newcastle doesn't automatically mean you would be wrong.

The season when Lescott scored 10+ goals he played the majority at LB because Baines was injured ( only making 20 appearances) and he got a lot of hype through his goalscoring performances and you had Yobo and Jags at CB for the majority of games.

Which is one of the reasons City spent all that money on him, he actually was used as a LB at City at first because of this before they decided to buy some natural LB's.

It wasn't the season he left, he still had another season at Everton but that was the season that got people interested in the first place.... the following season he played CB.

Guest Howaythetoon

The 'he's not CL class' :lol:

Who is then? Just your Messis and Ronaldos?

f*** me Colo is not exactly Europa League *class but guess what, that's the level he'll be playing at next season.

*Before the fuckwits kick the doors down to jump all over that comment, he's actually way above that level of class.

Mind, if Lescott, a regular CB for a CL qualifying, CL playing league champions side isn't good enough..... WHO IS!

f*** me Colo is not exactly Europa League *class but guess what, that's the level he'll be playing at next season.

*Before the fuckwits kick the doors down to jump all over that comment, he's actually way above that level of class.

Mind, if Lescott, a regular CB for a CL qualifying, CL playing league champions side isn't good enough..... WHO IS!

Hard to say if Colo is EL class, as he's never played in the EL before. Odds are, he probably is.

This game is played with 11 guys, not 1. Lescott is better than all other City center-backs save Kompany. But he struggled last year in the CL, that's objectively true. Agger has proven a strong starter in the CL and he was downright brilliant for Denmark in the Euros against much stronger competition than Lescott.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01821/david-may_1821050c.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01821/david-may_1821050c.jpg

May was a solid unspectacular CB. Kind of like Williamson for us or Taylor.

You kind of prove my point though.

The whole this that and the other class level is irrelevent and I say that as someone who has been guilty of saying x player isn't x class in the past.