Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Roger Kint

At the end of the day any other club in the championship could do the same, football clubs in dodgy financial deals shocker - EVERY club does it. Who cares?

My only point was that they shouldnt be allowed to do it. Didnt expect a hormonal Watford fan taking it personally :lol:

At the end of the day any other club in the championship could do the same, football clubs in dodgy financial deals shocker - EVERY club does it. Who cares?

My only point was that they shouldnt be allowed to do it. Didnt expect a hormonal Watford fan taking it personally :lol:

Petty.

Guest Roger Kint

Petty.

Thanks

1. I have repeatedly said it shouldnt be a rule that you can do it. Not going to bother saying it again if you havent got it yet.

What I'm saying is that there's no valid justification for that assertion. Simply stating that you've made the assertion isn't enough to qualify it or for it to be worthy of genuine consideration.

2. As you dont know anymore than me theres nowt more to say really.

True, it's wrong though to leap from the observation that we've signed a lot of players from one club with whom some partnership appears to be in place to assuming that we're gaining a significant financial advantage over other clubs (that they otherwise could not manufacture for themselves). Big leap in logic.

3. Can you post the rule that says that? Never seen the endless foreign loans thing before in the PL.

Registration restrictions apply to 'Temporary Transfers' which are defined in the Premier League Rules by V.6.1 and V.6.2 as follows:

Subject to the conditions set out below, a Temporary Transfer shall be permitted:

V.6.1. between Clubs; and

V.6.2. between a Club and a club in membership of the Football League, the Football Conference, the Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League and the Southern League.

Where 'Clubs' refers to Premier League clubs. Nothing in there against signing players on loan from abroad.

4. You seriously need to take off your Watford glasses ffs, i obviously mean that your bleating over 'why us' isnt an issue as i keep saying its anyone who does it. If you find it condescending that i dont particularly care about your club anymore than i would for another of the 90 odd lower league clubs then there isnt much i can do really.

The point is, what we've done is legitimate. You've said other clubs would have to spend an awful lot to get a squad as competitive as ours. This wouldn't be sustainable for a club like ours. Yet, we've found a legitimate way of doing so, which other clubs have the capability of doing. We've exploited this fact and now have the best squad of my lifetime. Yet, any minor challenge to the nonsense orthodoxy of 'how clubs should act' (with particular reference to how lower league clubs should be) and people seek to rule it out. Why? It's not harming youth development. We're not breaking any rules. Anyone could do it.

Why do more people care about Watford's loan dealings than Chelsea's? They've got the likes of De Bruyne, Courtois and Lukaku out on loan at the moment. Serious amounts of talent. Is it not unfair on WBA and the rest of the PL as to how they can have a £17M player temporarily, who has no intention of signing permanently and is using the club as a stepping stone whilst ensuring that Chelsea have an advantage over their rivals insofar as Lukaku can't play against them? Seems more unfair to me than borrowing players from one club with a view to having them sign permanently, tbh.

The media hysteria, misinformation and bollocks regarding our transfer policy this season is tiresome. It doesn't help that people lap it up and feel morally slighted by it, when there's no genuine reason to be so. If it gets outlawed, so be it, but until then it's a legitimate competitive advantage that we've put to good use. Get over it.

So do you agree with the Tories who use offshore tax loopholes too? Its using a partner club to skirt round rules, thats what it looks like tbh.

Pretty much separate issue unrelated to football. And that may not be the reason as to why Cassetti is registered to Udinese, just the most plausible explanation I can think of.

Another thing to take into consideration, Championship clubs exploiting emergency loan regulations to sign players (often for large fees, with a view to signing them permanently at the end of the season) outside of the transfer window.

Should this loophole be closed? Hull apparently signed George Boyd on loan for a 7 figure fee, is that improper use of a loophole? Or signing 2 Egyptian internationals on loan through the chairman's personal contacts?

It'd be a tragedy if Udinese B were promoted at the expense of such an honest law-abiding club. Fuck that.

Rather Watford and their sustainable, financially viable policy getting up than the likes of Cardiff and Leicester spending fortunes they can't/shouldn't really be able to afford. Watford have lucked out with the Pozzo's who have a strong football knowledge and the loans this season have shown just how poor the Championship really is in quality when players not up to Serie A yet (or for some probably ever) are tearing the division apart.

Shola's nowt more than a mid-level Championship striker.

Even Lovenkrands scored plenty for us in that division. Done nothing since. Marlon fucking Harewood scored goals for us in that league. Being a striker for us that year was easy. Not because of the individual ability of the strikers but because the rest of the team was genuinely a cut above. 

Even Lovenkrands scored plenty for us in that division. Done nothing since. Marlon f***ing Harewood scored goals for us in that league. Being a striker for us that year was easy. Not because of the individual ability of the strikers but because the rest of the team was genuinely a cut above. 

Had completely blanked out of my mind that he played for you.

I agree that you looked like the Clockwork Oranje in your year in the C'ship. What an awful division.

Even Lovenkrands scored plenty for us in that division. Done nothing since. Marlon f***ing Harewood scored goals for us in that league. Being a striker for us that year was easy. Not because of the individual ability of the strikers but because the rest of the team was genuinely a cut above. 

Had completely blanked out of my mind that he played for you.

I agree that you looked like the Clockwork Oranje in your year in the C'ship. What an awful division.

at least it's competitive :troll:

Norwich striker Grant Holt, 31, has told Celtic to forget about signing him - despite buying a house in his hometown of ­Carlisle and moving his family north.  (Daily Mirror)

Do the Mirror realise Carlisle isnt in Scotland?

Norwich striker Grant Holt, 31, has told Celtic to forget about signing him - despite buying a house in his hometown of ­Carlisle and moving his family north.  (Daily Mirror)

Do the Mirror realise Carlisle isnt in Scotland?

Robert Carlyle is from Glasgow, it's an easy mistake to make.