Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

If Lucas performs like he did against Venezuela in the 2nd half I really cant see him being dropped. Best performance I've seen from him and to be fair I don't watch much Liverpool but when I do he usually seems to be the worst player on the pitch but all managers keep picking him.

Guest neesy111

Liverpool are just signing players on the back of having a good last season, it'll end in tears. :)

I hope so!

Think the whole country does.  Most hated team in the UK IMO.

Liverpool are just signing players on the back of having a good last season, it'll end in tears. :)

I hope so!

Not Man City... or Man Utd?

I hope so!

Think the whole country does.  Most hated team in the UK IMO.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1535214.ece

FOOTBALL fans have put the boot in to Leeds United - making them top of the league of the most HATED clubs in soccer.

Amazingly, a survey reveals the Yorkshire side, who went from the Premier League to League One in three years, are loathed even more than Manchester United and Chelsea.

The results were published yesterday after every English league club was asked which rival team their fans hated the most - and which team they liked best after their own.

With the new season kicking off today, Leeds chairman Ken Bates is smarting after his side became runaway "chumpions" of the most hated title. Minnows Morecambe in League Two were voted the best-liked club.

The survey had been expected to throw up Manchester United as the most disliked club because of jealousy over their worldwide fanbase, massive resources, bulging trophy cabinet and "Winker" Cristiano Ronaldo.

But when the results came in, Leeds beat Alex Ferguson's Red Devils into second, with Roman Abramovich's moneybags Chelsea third.

The rest of the top 10 is made up of Wolves, Millwall, Burnley, Bolton, West Ham, Stoke and Scunthorpe.

Among the best-liked clubs Arsenal came second and Liverpool third.

The survey, commissioned by sales training company Sandler Training, left Leeds officials and fans - who believed they might have had some sympathy - in shock.

A spokesman for the club said: "Everywhere we go everyone sings 'You're not famous any more'.

"I suppose this just shows that other teams haven't forgotten about us. But we are surprised that the survey says we are the most hated."

Football experts believe the club has been unable to get rid of the 'Dirty Leeds' tag that the team acquired in the Don Revie era of the 1970s because of their tough tackling and "win nasty" style.

Shaun Thomson, of Sandler Training, said fans look at Leeds and immediately think "they are arrogant and big-headed".

He added: "To change the perception of other fans, Leeds must stop living up to the negative image that's been created around the club and start doing things differently.

"Maybe that's what Morecambe have achieved - they are new to the league, have new ideas and positive appeal."

Leeds fan Ralph Ineson, who played Finchy in BBC hit The Office, said: "I think the whole anti-Leeds thing stems originally from jealousy of the great 70s side of Don Revie.

"But more recently - when we haven't been quite as dominant on the pitch - the jealousy stems from how devilishly attractive Leeds fans are."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1535214.ece#ixzz1RKwgrlST

Guest neesy111

I hope so!

Not from what I've gathered from my encounters across the UK, Liverpool are just detested.  City are laughed at because of the amount of the money they've wasted.

Guest Roger Kint

Gerrard        Mereiles/Lucas        Adam

Downing                                                                                                                        Suarez

Carroll

Rest bench/squad players. Btw you missed out Lucas

Maxi? Cole? Aquilani? £20m Henderson? Kuyt?

It's too many midfielders to just say you'll use them on the bench/ when players need resting.

Cole/Aquilani/Maxi(despite his great form at the end of last season) would all be off if a club offered anything worthwhile imo. Mereiles has had a few rumours that he could go. Plus gerrard's dubious fitness atm means he could take a while to come back.

Naturally, Liverpool fans are delighted and feel Dalglish is a mastermind. TBG has the same issue I have - I can't see how all these signings form a framework for a matchday squad. How do they link together? How do they cover each others weaknesses and highlight strenghts? Be interesting to see where it goes.

Be even more interesting to see if it totally messes up Liverpool's passing game. For all the benefits of crosses landing on Carroll's head, it might be at the expense of their previous strengths (touch wood).

Guest neesy111

I hope so!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1535214.ece

FOOTBALL fans have put the boot in to Leeds United - making them top of the league of the most HATED clubs in soccer.

Amazingly, a survey reveals the Yorkshire side, who went from the Premier League to League One in three years, are loathed even more than Manchester United and Chelsea.

The results were published yesterday after every English league club was asked which rival team their fans hated the most - and which team they liked best after their own.

With the new season kicking off today, Leeds chairman Ken Bates is smarting after his side became runaway "chumpions" of the most hated title. Minnows Morecambe in League Two were voted the best-liked club.

The survey had been expected to throw up Manchester United as the most disliked club because of jealousy over their worldwide fanbase, massive resources, bulging trophy cabinet and "Winker" Cristiano Ronaldo.

But when the results came in, Leeds beat Alex Ferguson's Red Devils into second, with Roman Abramovich's moneybags Chelsea third.

The rest of the top 10 is made up of Wolves, Millwall, Burnley, Bolton, West Ham, Stoke and Scunthorpe.

Among the best-liked clubs Arsenal came second and Liverpool third.

The survey, commissioned by sales training company Sandler Training, left Leeds officials and fans - who believed they might have had some sympathy - in shock.

A spokesman for the club said: "Everywhere we go everyone sings 'You're not famous any more'.

"I suppose this just shows that other teams haven't forgotten about us. But we are surprised that the survey says we are the most hated."

Football experts believe the club has been unable to get rid of the 'Dirty Leeds' tag that the team acquired in the Don Revie era of the 1970s because of their tough tackling and "win nasty" style.

Shaun Thomson, of Sandler Training, said fans look at Leeds and immediately think "they are arrogant and big-headed".

He added: "To change the perception of other fans, Leeds must stop living up to the negative image that's been created around the club and start doing things differently.

"Maybe that's what Morecambe have achieved - they are new to the league, have new ideas and positive appeal."

Leeds fan Ralph Ineson, who played Finchy in BBC hit The Office, said: "I think the whole anti-Leeds thing stems originally from jealousy of the great 70s side of Don Revie.

"But more recently - when we haven't been quite as dominant on the pitch - the jealousy stems from how devilishly attractive Leeds fans are."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1535214.ece#ixzz1RKwgrlST

I don't believe any fans survey for starters, it's usually the Anal football fans that only fill them in any-ways.

I hope so!

Not from what I've gathered from my encounters across the UK, Liverpool are just detested.  City are laughed at because of the amount of the money they've wasted.

Wish we were in a position to laugh at Citeh...

Guest neesy111

I hope so!

Wish we were in a position to laugh at Citeh...

Mind you we are pretty much hated as well, though it's the whole demanding too much bollocks shit they come up with.

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Good signing by Liverpool of @Charlie26Adam, great passing range and set-pieces. The Big AC should thrive on them. Gd luck Charlie.....

I hope so!

Laughed at? They won the FA Cup and qualified for the Champions League.  :lol:

People are stupid for laughing at Man City's spending anyway. It's all relative.

If we were to spend £17.5 million on Roque Santa Cruz, only for him to fail miserably, it'd be a big deal, for Man City, it means absolutely fuck all. It is the financial equivalent of NUFC buying a new set of cones for the training ground. If they turn out to be particularly shit cones, we'll go buy another set of cones, this time for TWICE as much money.

Anyway...

Guest kingdawson

Gerrard        Mereiles/Lucas        Adam

Downing                                                                                                                         Suarez

Carroll

Rest bench/squad players. Btw you missed out Lucas

Meireless will probably leave.

Liverpool have spent (or ar about to spend) around 47m this window and their first X1 could actually be weaker then last season. The purchases of Adam , Downing and Hendrson will most likely mean Kuyt and Meireless will be relegated to the bench (one can assume Henderson will start on the bench.....meireless might actually not even be there).

So

-------------------Lucas----------------

---------Gerrard----------Meireless--------

--Kuyt----------------------------Suarez--

--------------------Carroll-----------------

vs

--------------------Lucas--------------------

----------Gerrard------------Adam-----------

-Suarez-------------------------------Downing-

---------------------Carroll--------------------

Gerrard looks finished, doubt he will start half the games next season. Losing Alonso & Mascherano, with the demise of Gerrard's fitness and replacing them with Henderson, Adam & Downing is quite funny.

Saying that, Liverpool just seemed to work under the angry drunk scot, can see it all coming together for them and beating Arsenal to 4th.

Dropping Kuyt would be a bad move for Liverpool imo.

Their most reliable player in the last couple of seasons. Always seems to come up trumps.

Alot of square pegs with not enough square holes IMO.

I'd be delighted if Kuyt was dropped. As I've said before, technically he looks dopey as owt but the work he puts in for the team can not be underestimated. He is vital for them.

Gerrard looks finished, doubt he will start half the games next season. Losing Alonso & Mascherano, with the demise of Gerrard's fitness and replacing them with Henderson, Adam & Downing is quite funny.

Saying that, Liverpool just seemed to work under the angry drunk scot, can see it all coming together for them and beating Arsenal to 4th.

It's how much they have spent in the process that makes me laugh.

Dropping Kuyt would be a bad move for Liverpool imo.

Their most reliable player in the last couple of seasons. Always seems to come up trumps.

Alot of square pegs with not enough square holes IMO.

Exactly.