Gervinho

Dave

Holy shit these last few sporting days has been fucking brilliant. I'm going to quote everyone who laughed at me in the carroll thread for suggesting that we'll be as close to the CL as Liverpool are. If we actually get the players we seem to be wanting, we'll be closer than them. I will cherish the day we finish above Liverpool again and it seemingly will come a hell of a lot quicker than I ever expected. I suppose the only downside to all this is whether pardew can mould these exciting players into a good team. At least carver has the pedigree in that he must have learnt from SBR the way you organise an attack. It's ironic that Ashley didn't spend when KK was here because he would be salivating at the thought of coaching the players who are rumoured to be signing for us. I am getting way way way ahead of myself but fuck it, it looks like shit just got real and we just got good. Fast, too.

This guy ,working in media checking french news wires are 99,9% sure Gervinho has agreed to join NUFC http://twitter.com/#!/Fur10ng  .

Another f***ing @cwarr07.

Well we will soon find out if they're reliable.

This could be the start of twitter exploding in the football area or the fall. The later news will decide..

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Holy shit these last few sporting days has been fucking brilliant. I'm going to quote everyone who laughed at me in the carroll thread for suggesting that we'll be as close to the CL as Liverpool are. If we actually get the players we seem to be wanting, we'll be closer than them. I will cherish the day we finish above Liverpool again and it seemingly will come a hell of a lot quicker than I ever expected. I suppose the only downside to all this is whether pardew can mould these exciting players into a good team. At least carver has the pedigree in that he must have learnt from SBR the way you organise an attack. It's ironic that Ashley didn't spend when KK was here because he would be salivating at the thought of coaching the players who are rumoured to be signing for us. I am getting way way way ahead of myself but fuck it, it looks like shit just got real and we just got good. Fast, too.

I trust Pardew and Carver. :snod:

This guy ,working in media checking french news wires are 99,9% sure Gervinho has agreed to join NUFC http://twitter.com/#!/Fur10ng  .

If we sign a player we have been linked with for months & there has been widespread reports we have made bid in the media, aye this deal will confirm if there reliable.

Guest rosstoon

Seems like yesterday positivity about gervinho has passed got a feeling we've missed out. Hope if we gave we don't look to Shane long or Danny Graham n aim high

Holy s*** these last few sporting days has been f***ing brilliant. I'm going to quote everyone who laughed at me in the carroll thread for suggesting that we'll be as close to the CL as Liverpool are. If we actually get the players we seem to be wanting, we'll be closer than them. I will cherish the day we finish above Liverpool again and it seemingly will come a hell of a lot quicker than I ever expected. I suppose the only downside to all this is whether pardew can mould these exciting players into a good team. At least carver has the pedigree in that he must have learnt from SBR the way you organise an attack. It's ironic that Ashley didn't spend when KK was here because he would be salivating at the thought of coaching the players who are rumoured to be signing for us. I am getting way way way ahead of myself but f*** it, it looks like s*** just got real and we just got good. Fast, too.

I trust Pardew and Carver. :snod:

Loving the optimism :D

Seems like yesterday positivity about gervinho has passed got a feeling we've missed out. Hope if we gave we don't look to Shane long or Danny Graham n aim high

Already been fed to us via the local media we are not after D.Graham.

Guest axel

If we sign a player we have been linked with for months & there has been widespread reports we have made bid in the media, aye this deal will confirm if there reliable.

I can't remember that we have been linked with Gervinho for months...

From February 6th..

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/06/newcastle-boss-lines-up-carroll-replacement-79310-28120937/

I can, we have

He's a good player, who will bring us a lot going forward.

It's becoming clear that we're going to play a 4-3-3/4-5-1 next season - which is the formation he and Cabaye are most suited to. Ben Arfa/Jonas wide left, Gervinho wide right. This new system will be made or broken by who we sign as a number 9 ...

What? So the positivity has passed just because we're not updated 24/7?

Guest bimpy474

Ben Arfa, Jonas, Gervinho, and a new striker.  That's just incredible. We are definitely challenging for top 6.

Small steps, play down what we might do to say a top ten finish, it takes away ammunition for people who call us unrealistic and say we think we will win the league etc.

Lets give them nothing and then spring the surprise if it happens.........a top 8 finish next season whoever we sign would be a very very very good season.......then we build on that ;)

Guest je85

He's a good player, who will bring us a lot going forward.

It's becoming clear that we're going to play a 4-3-3/4-5-1 next season - which is the formation he and Cabaye are most suited to. Ben Arfa/Jonas wide left, Gervinho wide right. This new system will be made or broken by who we sign as a number 9 ...

Agreed. A good strong fast back to goal CF of the Drogba ilk. Just a shame they're incredibly hard to come buy and have the most inflated price tags.