Gervinho

Dave

Gervinho wants to go to Newcastle

Would like to know how they know this.

Presumably in the same way that any one thinks they know anything before it is announced - supposition, contacts and briefings. How we know that Cabaye is coming?

Guest VegasToon

fucking wish him and Gameiro would come out and reveal their intentions for the sake of this forum going round and round in circles.

:nope:  Need at least 50 more pages before they announce.  Get to it.

Guest taps01

f***ing wish him and Gameiro would come out and reveal their intentions for the sake of this forum going round and round in circles.

It's like they are embarrassed of us.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why is he waiting?

Do ivory coast have a game?

They have one on Sunday.

I reckon Sunday night/Monday morning we will find out :(

Left slightly puzzled by a line in yesterday’s Journal piece by Mark Douglas.....

United’s reservations regarding Gervinho surround probable African Nations Cup commitments – which could potentially rule him out of four games in January – and a slight concern about where he would fit into their plans. There is still strong interest in him, though.

Douglas seems to have a bit of a steer around what’s happening at the moment, and if it is from the football side of the club this is a pretty strange comment about one of our prime targets, and potentially our biggest outlay.

I take it to mean something tactical - he’s a very good player who is available but plays best on the right side of a 433 and Pardew’s preferred formation will be 4411 (Ben Arfa off the front).

It’s altogether an odd statement to include if there’s not some kind of truth to it.

There’s been no clarification since as far as I can see.

Watching a new compilation of him, and what I realise more than anything is that Cabaye is going to be a great signing. Sets up most of his goals/chances.

Aye, I noticed that too mate. Some of Cabaye's set up play looked brilliant. One through ball in particular caught my eye. It was one of those where the opposition just did not see it coming. Class.

Watching a new compilation of him, and what I realise more than anything is that Cabaye is going to be a great signing. Sets up most of his goals/chances.

Very true. Cabaye seems to have really embraced Gervinho's style of play by providing him with some many opportunities this season. Will link well on our right flank.