Gervinho

Dave

NOTW reckon arsenal are in pole position.

:nope:

you know something they don't ?

No, i'm just pointing out that NOTW is a rag of a newspaper and they spout rubbish. :thup:

and so do we.

We don't get paid for it  :pow:

surely that makes us the mugs ?

I wouldn't say so. Some people on here do a better job than them at getting stories. You would think that their profession would mean they are credible sources and at least some of the transfers they reveal are correct.  :dontknow:

The over-analysis people are giving unsubstantiated rumours from the News of the World, The Mirror and the local gobshite on Twitter is beyond ridiculous. I realise it's the nature of the beast but instead of pouring over these notoriously unreliable sources, analysing their sentance structure and every word for meaning, why not just accept we'll know fuck all until it comes from the horses mouth. I'd love this lad to sign but for fucks sake, get a grip.

NOTW reckon arsenal are in pole position.

Real World Translation:

Arsenal absolutely don't want Gervinho. Wenger's not even heard of him, the Frenchman instead turning his attentions to the 'small, nippy, weak eastern european playmaker' position.

Sorry lads, I'm going to have to lock the Cabaye thread.

I realised I would get some stick for that but it's just my opinion like.

Has Cabaye/his manager/the Chairman of Lille not confirmed the deal by the way?

The over-analysis people are giving unsubstantiated rumours from the News of the World, The Mirror and the local gobshite on Twitter is beyond ridiculous. I realise it's the nature of the beast but instead of pouring over these notoriously unreliable sources, analysing their sentance structure and every word for meaning, why not just accept we'll know f*** all until it comes from the horses mouth. I'd love this lad to sign but for f***s sake, get a grip.

ah when I was a lad thats the way it was. no endless rumours infact the back page of the chronicle used to carry cricket and horse racing through june and early july and even then we'd only find out when someone actually signed.....simpler times dudes, happier times. :bng:

The over-analysis people are giving unsubstantiated rumours from the News of the World, The Mirror and the local gobshite on Twitter is beyond ridiculous. I realise it's the nature of the beast but instead of pouring over these notoriously unreliable sources, analysing their sentance structure and every word for meaning, why not just accept we'll know f*** all until it comes from the horses mouth. I'd love this lad to sign but for f***s sake, get a grip.

ah when I was a lad thats the way it was. no endless rumours infact the back page of the chronicle used to carry cricket and horse racing through june and early july and even then we'd only find out when someone actually signed.....simpler times dudes, happier times. :bng:

Happy days.

I don't mind a good rumour like, but there's a difference between shiting and riving your arse

Sorry lads, I'm going to have to lock the Cabaye thread.

I realised I would get some stick for that but it's just my opinion like.

Has Cabaye/his manager/the Chairman of Lille not confirmed the deal by the way?

There are no quotes from the player and nothing from us. Doesn't that class as unconfirmed by your reasoning?

I do tend to agree with your general point and there are a lot of WUMs out there, but the Cabaye deal does prove that Twitter, tabloid news articles and foreign press searching can come up with the truth every now and then. I don't think there's anything going on that requires anyone to 'get a grip', personally. We even have a dedicated thread for the wank on Twitter. :laugh:

Most of the last few pages of this one have been about that 'shock transfer' news, which looks like being the Nolan stuff. It's running in several newspapers and someone has said one has quotes from Nolan himself. Is that over-analysis?

As I said I understand it's the nature of the beast. Twitter is the worst thing that has happened since the creation of the News of the World.

are sites like this much different ?

If you follow the right people, Twitter is excellent for getting news fast. It's also reasonably interesting to follow what our players are up to and a few others if you're arsed.

It's spoilt by all the know-nowt wankers and those who believe them, but then it's a piece of piss to avoid them.

As I said I understand it's the nature of the beast. Twitter is the worst thing that has happened since the creation of the News of the World.

Yeah sorry, my post was a little OTT. One too many drinks I suspect. Twitter is a cunt, every Walter Mitty out there's wet dream come true.

Then just the forum generally sometimes, every sarcastic (unwarranted) response or Giggs posted winds me up (or would if I let it).. Time for bed I think. :)

:laugh:

I knew I'd get stick, but it's only my opinion. I think people read way too far into statement's from knackers such as Cwarr/anyone who writes from the News of the World. It's not like it's news either, it's the same old recycled boring shite. Ah well that's my incoherent rant for the night.

:laugh:

I knew I'd get stick, but it's only my opinion. I think people read way too far into statement's from knackers such as Cwarr/anyone who writes from the News of the World. It's not like it's news either, it's the same old recycled boring shite. Ah well that's my incoherent rant for the night.

I'm not quite sure what you're reading tbh, tossers like him regularly get slagged to high heaven on here.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Tiote is suspended today?

No look at the link

Bbc s African team of the year. Has no tiote in