See Im not the only one

Guest Obi

I have to admit i was one of the many who didnt think chop was the right man for the job, but now we have him then we have to back him. its been over a year now that he has been at the club and he should by now have had some sort of impact so i reckon he should be judged now, but at the same time has he had the luck over the last few weeks that he deserves??no he hasnt . i will say it again if we get beat on saturday then something has to change, it has has to change cos at the mo we are in fookin free fall.

Take out the past few weeks, and we are still in a bad position. HE'll hide behind luck for as long as we let him. Enough is enough, i say.

Take out the last 3 results and Howaythetoon the turncoat was on an opposite side!

What, does that mean that Souness has actually done a good job? Cos i was referring to the state of the club under Souness, not what some borderline sociopathic internet geekboy thinks*.

* Sorry, Chris. bluewink.gif

It meant despite the injury epidemic he was doing alright and I think we were 3 points off 4th place if memory serves me correctly?

Now after a disastrous 3 game spell we're an almighty 6 points off Europe.

We weren't doing alright, we were doing badly. As we have, consistently since he arrived.

We were doing alright or is 3 points off 4th place with our injuries problems really that disastrous?

Get a sense of perspective man.

You can't hide behind injuries. No way. We aren't the only club who gets them, and if we can't manage them/have no decent backups despite spending all that money, thats our own fault.

Look at Souness' record since he's been here, and say thats "alright". Look at the players he has gotten rid of and failed to replace, or failed to get rid of, and look at some of the shite he's signed.

I don't want to be 3 pts behind 4th, i want to BE 4th. If you're not capable of getting there -0 and we're notr under him - then you're not good enough, simpel as that.

Im not hiding behind bloody injuries man, for crying out fuukin loud!

You cant discount them either.

What I am saying is we were 3 points off 4th place despite our atrocious injuries, that is "alright" not "badly" all things considered.

Then even with further injuries (our only striker capable of hitting a cows arse with a frying pan for instance) we played well against the CHAMPIONS until Titus dropped a couple of his specialties in their laps.

Yes we were absolutely shocking against Wigan and Everton in the second half, totally in agreement.

Yet we're still only 6 points off Europe, despite doing so fuukin "Badly".

How many points has Souness got for us in the games he's been in charge? What is our goals/game and goal difference in the league this season? How many players are not good enough to be in the top 6?

You are hiding behind the "atrocious injuries". In recent matches we have had a midfield of The Zog, Emre, Parker and Solano. Assuming that Luque is a forward, thats HIS team. Result? We rarely control the midfield. He has failed to replace Shearer, in the mistaken belief that being his mate makes him still good enough. "his defence is Carr, Boumsong, Bramble and Babayaro. And its shite. Not top 6 material, by some margin.

He's done **** all for us, else we wouldn't be 7 league places below our last finish under another manager.

Shall I repeat myself in the hope it sinks in?

We were 3 points off 4th place with our atrocious injuries. Without those injuries I think its fair to believe we'd have been even closer.

In my book that is doing "alright" not "badly".

We have had a shiit 3 games and we're still only 6 points off, it isnt impossible to make that up, or believe when everyone is fit we can do it.

Again, Im not hiding behind injuries, Im just not totally ruling them out the equation.

Stop being a drama queen.

Where do you think, from your extensive watching of NUFC this season and last, we will finish this season under Souness?

Because it won't be higher than 9th, i don't think. And if thats good enough for you, you;re an idiot.

Injuries are nothing - its up to the manager to have suitable cover. He has failed to get suitable cover for our forwards, left back, centre backs or right wing. Fact(s).

We have not played like a team who are anywhere near good enough to be in the top 6, never mind the top 4. Tactically, we are clueless. His fault. Motivation appears to be at a very low ebb. His fault. He's bought some kanckas. His fault. He's bought some players that fans have built up to be world class without seeing them play enough (Emre/Luque). Not his fault. We have a paper thin squad. His fault.

Guest The gaffer

chop tache....scouser in disguise m8.... one thing thou if he were to go before xmas i wouldnt give two fooks but its where it takes us i worry about....

Guest Jangles

Shall I repeat myself in the hope it sinks in?

We were 3 points off 4th place with our atrocious injuries. Without those injuries I think its fair to believe we'd have been even closer.

In my book that is doing "alright" not "badly".

We have had a shiit 3 games and we're still only 6 points off, it isnt impossible to make that up, or believe when everyone is fit we can do it.

Again, Im not hiding behind injuries, Im just not totally ruling them out the equation.

Stop being a drama queen.

Its the decisions made because of those injuries:

Carr as a right winger.

Ramage rightback, Elliot centre back, Zoggy left back - 3 out of position players in a back 4.

Parker in holding role when Faye is playing.

Bowyer on the right, nobby in the middle.

Plus the players he does put on the pitch dont seem to have the motivation or organisation that almost all other teams have, compare our lot against Wigans reserves!

We're 6 points off Europe, I dont think that is unacheivable.

Our minimum target was top 6 this season, I think we can still achieve that.

If we dont then Souness by his own admission has failed, that is the target he and the chairman have set themselves.

I take your drama queen dress is now in the wash? "Badly" is actually alright after all.

If we dont then Souness by his own admission has failed, that is the target he and the chairman have set themselves.

I take your drama queen dress is now in the wash? "Badly" is actually alright after all.

No, we've done badly this season, very badly. 1.3 points per game is not far off "just safe from relagation".

And we've played worse than our results have shown, as well. We've been fucking woeful in many of our games this season.

So 3 points off 4th place isnt "alright" its "badly"!

I have never come across such reasoned, impartial, balanced individuals in my life.

Now we're 6 points off Europe I can see why everyone is suicidal, its gone from "badly" to "disastrous".

Guest Howaythetoon

And when it becomes 9, then 12?

As ever the truth is in between. Some think we can acheieve European qualification, some believe we could even get relegated, both extreme views in my opinion so mid-table it is then. Again.

That is where we will finish under Souness if he lasts the distance, which he won't anyway so I think we are wasting our time here discussing this.

So 3 points off 4th place isnt "alright" its "badly"!

I have never come across such reasoned, impartial, balanced individuals in my life.

Now we're 6 points off Europe I can see why everyone is suicidal, its gone from "badly" to "disastrous".

We're not 3 points off 4th place, for gods sake. We were for a very short time, while Souness was working his magic. He is still doing so, and we are now 7 points from 4th, having played a game more. Oh, and we're now 8 points from relegation, if you're counting.

Souness HAS been disastrous. 1.3 points per game. £50m spent, players we needed jettisoned, losses against teams like Everton in the league. Beaten by Wigans reserves in the League Cup. Yeah, go us. Thats "alright" isn't it.

i cant believe anyone who has seen the team play still believes in that. souness' team has shown no signs of progress, and he's been here for over a year now. if anything were going backwards.

accept the fact that we're shit, and the manager is responsible for that. how much more time can you give him? we cant let him embarras the club anymore.

i cant believe anyone who has seen the team play still believes in that. souness' team has shown no signs of progress, and he's been here for over a year now. if anything were going backwards.

accept the fact that we're shit, and the manager is responsible for that. how much more time can you give him? we cant let him embarras the club anymore.

Thats the point, i think. I fear that some people base their perceptions of the team on watching it on Sky, and reading the News Of The World.

We're not 3 points off 4th place, for gods sake

Yes I know we're not thats why I have said we're not about ten times  :banghead:

We are criminal, disatrous, suicide contemplating 6 points from our minimum objective! That is "alright" in my book all things considered (20th time)

Yes I know we're not thats why I have said we're not about ten times  :banghead:

We are criminal, disatrous, suicide contemplating 6 points from our minimum objective! That is "alright" in my book all things considered (20th time)

So being at least 2 wins BELOW our very, very minimum level is ok?? You ARE aware that all the other teams have to still keep playing as well, aren't you? YoU ARE aware than we don't get a few "free" games to catch up. And that THE TEAMS ABOVE US HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN US SO FAR, AND TEHRE IS NO REASON TO THINK THIS WILL CHANGE.

Thats the point, i think. I fear that some people base their perceptions of the team on watching it on Sky, and reading the News Of The World.

as you know, im relying on tv coverage, and bluecool.gif it still doesnt look good. not reading news of the world though.

as you know, im relying on tv coverage, and bluecool.gif it still doesnt look good. not reading news of the world though.

Mate, you're missing out on nothing these days. Except seeing just how technically inept some of our beloved managers signings really are. Oh, and the beers gone up again, and its still colder than that stuff they used to freeze Walt Disneys head.

So being at least 2 wins BELOW our very, very minimum level is ok?? You ARE aware that all the other teams have to still keep playing as well, aren't you? YoU ARE aware than we don't get a few "free" games to catch up. And that THE TEAMS ABOVE US HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN US SO FAR, AND TEHRE IS NO REASON TO THINK THIS WILL CHANGE.

Oh fuuk I never knew that, ok maybe "alright" actually is "badly"!

Oh fuuk I never knew that, ok maybe "alright" actually is "badly"!

Good lad.

Let's all just keep calm, wait until the New Year and see what the League table looks like then.

Martin interesting Spuds, Bolton and fans of other clubs pushing for Europe all name us as their rivals for that spot.

Do you all base it on us getting a new manager or are you all deluded?

If Souness loses his job before the end of season then it will be nothing short of a disgarace and a victory for mob rule. It will also prove yet again - if more proof were needed - that this club is unmanageable...

Because if a certain vocal section of supporters don't like you then you may as well not bother unpacking. Every opportunity they get these people will call for you to be sacked. That's irrespective of what problems you've faced or what good you've done for the club. If these people don't like you from the off then they won't give you a chance. And so it's proved with Souness.

Of course, these people will say, of course we've given him a chance, we've given him all of last season and the start of this. And look at all the money Souness has spent, they'll say, and we're no further forward. It's funny but these people call people who are optimistic 'blinkered' when it is in fact them who are the blinkered ones. They're blinkered because they refuse to acknowledge anything which contradicts what they're saying.

Souness has had part of last season and about a third of this season in charge of Newcastle. But Souness was getting booed within a few monthes of being appointed, how much of a chance did he get given then? And how about acknowledging all the problems Souness has faced last season and this which have hindered Newcastle's progress and his job? Giving somebody a chance is about more than just giving them some time to get settled before you throw them out. Bobby Robson finished his first two seasons in charge of United in the bottom half of the table but people gavehim a chance and he ended up taking us into the top four and Champions League football. Why give Bobby a chance and yetnot Souness?

As for the money that Souness has had to spend, you'd think that this was some kind of panacea, a cure-all. Just because we've spent money on players doesn't protect us from them getting injured. You'd think surely to God that people would acknowledge this, that somethings do happen which the manager has no control over and can't be blamed for? I mean, the Titanic cost a lot of money to build but it didn't protect her from hitting an iceberg and sinking! But, no, the people who never gave Souness a chance have evn got an answer for this too! An answer which, surprise surprise, lays the blame at the feet of Graeme Souness! Oh well. they say, it must have been Souness's coaching and training methods that caused the injuries! So, Keiron Dyer, Michael Owen and Titus Bramble weren't picking up injuries before they were managed by Souness? And don't footballers in general pick up injuries anyway because it's a physically demanding sport? Oh well, they reply, if Souness hadn't sold so many players then we would've had cover for the injured players. What, you mean the sub standard trouble makers like JJ, Kluivert, Robert, Bellamy and Butt who either signed their own marching orders or who the crowd has been calling for to be sold for ages?

And this is how it goes with them. One more reason after another to try and make it appear that their wanting to get rid of Souness is based on justified and rational reasoning. Every time you think you've proved them wrong they just pop right up with another poor argument for you to disprove. Do you remember when some people were trying to convince us that Souness would only buy terrible players from the SPL like Dado Prso?! Andd when that was disproved by us buying Owen you thought we'd moved on a step but no. As soon as they got the opportunity to start rallying the troops against Souness again, they took it and we were back to square one!

I wouldn't blame Souness if he just decided to hand in his resignation to the Chairman and walk away from all this. Certain sections of the crowd will never give him a chance, they'll take every opportunity they can to get him sacked. Graeme Souness must have balls the size of watermelons to have given him the guts to take on this job in the first place let alone stick at it!

If you thought the match against Wigan was an embarresment to the club then you haven't seen anything yet. Because if Souness is sacked because of these selfish, bully boy individuals who never gave a decent man a chance then this will be a far greater embarrasment to the club than losing one measley league cup game.

coffee.gif

I have stuck by Souness  more than most on here but even I think it would be a good idea if he went. Even when we have put winning runs together we haven't looked convincing. Even in the West Brom game had it not been for Shay Given we could have blown that. You say he had part of last season, he missed 4 games. The only reservation I would have about letting him go, is who would we get to replace him. If we were to replace him with a Steve Bruce type then there will be no point.

Yes I believe people got on his back too quickly, but those people haven't been proved wrong yet. I will eat humble pie and say I have got it wrong about Souness, he is not the man to take us forward, fit squad or not.

Let's all just keep calm, wait until the New Year and see what the League table looks like then.

Martin interesting Spuds, Bolton and fans of other clubs pushing for Europe all name us as their rivals for that spot.

Do you all base it on us getting a new manager or are you all deluded?

TBH Obi, at the start of the season I thought the top 6 would be Manure, Chelsea, Scum, Scousers Spurs and Newcastle (in no particular order).  I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Newcastle will get anywhere near threatening for a top 6 spot right now.

In a previous thread, I said for the 8 matches from Chelsea to the end of the year you'd get 12 pts.  You got 3 against Brum but, right now, I can't see Newcastle picking up another win.  Without Owen you're struggling to score, Villa will be fighting just as much as you, I reckon that will be goalless.  The rest I think you'll lose.