See Im not the only one

Guest Obi

Souness was not the popular choice.

Souness has received the bulk of fans support. Bolton away for example.

Most fans seemed to blame Freddie and backed Souness.

I think Souness is probably a perfectly nice fella,as stated.

However managers live and die by results, his results have been poor.

He has stated on many occasions to judge him this season with his players. We are and it is not good enough.

We dont need a witch hunt. We need the board to react appropriately to the situation.

No PLC in the country would stand by and blindly back the manager of a failing business.

We must have European football or the doom mongers will be proved right.

These are all facts. Souness has his supporters, and there are those that think a change now will be a mistake. Time will tell who are right. However unless we act soon the season is dead, Europe a lost cause.

Will Owen want to stay without European football?

Without Owen next season,without funds to purchase a top class striker and the required level of football to attract such a player we will be in real trouble.

Sentiment has no place in such decisions. We are a failing business, we must be turned around quickly.

Freddie must wield the axe and aim high, pay a fortune and get the RIGHT MAN.

Varadi that is the main bone of contention with us still not calling for Souness' head. If there was a modicum of hope that Fat Fred would appoint Hitzfeld Im sure we'd all snap his arm off, however, why would he now? When he could have after SBR? He went for Bruce and Allardyce, we dont know how lucky an escape we've had.

Guest Mackemssleepwiththeirsist

I more than anyone wanted to give Souness a chance. I can't say a bad word about the man, seeing as I was brought up as a child in the blue half of Glasgow. What he did for my team up there is something I'll never forget and I've always held him in high stead for that.

But even I think he has to go. He just doesn't have the tactical skill to manage a team that should be competing for silverware and that's the bottom line.  I, more than anyone, hate to admit this but it's true.

We can't rely on sentiment (if there is any, which I doubt) or excuses - he's simply not good enough. There are glaringly obvious deficiencies to our 'style' of play and it does not look like it's going to get better. I can't remember the last time we played good football and it's getting to a stage where it's not worth spending 90 minutes a week being frustrated a team that could achieve so much under more capable management.

Of course I respect him for taking on the almost impossible job of Newcastle United manager, but to me that's totally irrelevant.

Guest Micktoon

If Souness loses his job before the end of season then it will be nothing short of a disgrace and a victory for mob rule. It will also prove yet again - if more proof were needed - that this club is unmanageable...

Because if a certain vocal section of supporters don't like you then you may as well not bother unpacking. Every opportunity they get these people will call for you to be sacked. That's irrespective of what problems you've faced or what good you've done for the club. If these people don't like you from the off then they won't give you a chance. And so it's proved with Souness.

Of course, these people will say, of course we've given him a chance, we've given him all of last season and the start of this. And look at all the money Souness has spent, they'll say, and we're no further forward. It's funny but these people call people who are optimistic 'blinkered' when it is in fact them who are the blinkered ones. They're blinkered because they refuse to acknowledge anything which contradicts what they're saying.

Souness has had part of last season and about a third of this season in charge of Newcastle. But Souness was getting booed within a few monthes of being appointed, how much of a chance did he get given then? And how about acknowledging all the problems Souness has faced last season and this which have hindered Newcastle's progress and his job? Giving somebody a chance is about more than just giving them some time to get settled before you throw them out. Bobby Robson finished his first two seasons in charge of United in the bottom half of the table but people gave him a chance and he ended up taking us into the top four and Champions League football. Why give Bobby a chance and yet not Souness?

As for the money that Souness has had to spend, you'd think that this was some kind of panacea, a cure-all. Just because we've spent money on players doesn't protect us from them getting injured. You'd think surely to God that people would acknowledge this, that somethings do happen which the manager has no control over and can't be blamed for? I mean, the Titanic cost a lot of money to build but it didn't protect her from hitting an iceberg and sinking! But, no, the people who never gave Souness a chance have evn got an answer for this too! An answer which, surprise surprise, lays the blame at the feet of Graeme Souness! Oh well. they say, it must have been Souness's coaching and training methods that caused the injuries! So, Keiron Dyer, Michael Owen and Titus Bramble weren't picking up injuries before they were managed by Souness? And don't footballers in general pick up injuries anyway because it's a physically demanding sport? Oh well, they reply, if Souness hadn't sold so many players then we would've had cover for the injured players. What, you mean the sub standard trouble makers like JJ, Kluivert, Robert, Bellamy and Butt who either signed their own marching orders or who the crowd has been calling for to be sold for ages?

And this is how it goes with them. One more reason after another to try and make it appear that their wanting to get rid of Souness is based on justified and rational reasoning. Every time you think you've proved them wrong they just pop right up with another poor argument for you to disprove. Do you remember when some people were trying to convince us that Souness would only buy terrible players from the SPL like Dado Prso?! Andd when that was disproved by us buying Owen you thought we'd moved on a step but no. As soon as they got the opportunity to start rallying the troops against Souness again, they took it and we were back to square one!

I wouldn't blame Souness if he just decided to hand in his resignation to the Chairman and walk away from all this. Certain sections of the crowd will never give him a chance, they'll take every opportunity they can to get him sacked. Graeme Souness must have balls the size of watermelons to have given him the guts to take on this job in the first place let alone stick at it!

If you thought the match against Wigan was an embarresment to the club then you haven't seen anything yet. Because if Souness is sacked because of these selfish, bully boy individuals who never gave a decent man a chance then this will be a far greater embarrasment to the club than losing one measley league cup game.

coffee.gif

Bullshit. Idiot

What delightful, refreshing insight, I find it hard to disagree with your profound thoughts.

If that post is your own 'profound thoughts' then you are a simpleton.

I concur. Obi stop the crusade. A team is only as good as the guy managing it. I believe that Souness is doing his best. However he is so far out of his league its embarrassing.

I agree  totally with Cobh, only  a simpleton would try and defend the half witted tactics used by the Scot. Time to smell the roses your great leader needs to bog off back to Rangers. There is no other chairman in the world that would defend a manager who has spent as much as Souness and done so little.

If Souness loses his job before the end of season then it will be nothing short of a disgrace and a victory for mob rule. It will also prove yet again - if more proof were needed - that this club is unmanageable...

Because if a certain vocal section of supporters don't like you then you may as well not bother unpacking. Every opportunity they get these people will call for you to be sacked. That's irrespective of what problems you've faced or what good you've done for the club. If these people don't like you from the off then they won't give you a chance. And so it's proved with Souness.

Of course, these people will say, of course we've given him a chance, we've given him all of last season and the start of this. And look at all the money Souness has spent, they'll say, and we're no further forward. It's funny but these people call people who are optimistic 'blinkered' when it is in fact them who are the blinkered ones. They're blinkered because they refuse to acknowledge anything which contradicts what they're saying.

Souness has had part of last season and about a third of this season in charge of Newcastle. But Souness was getting booed within a few monthes of being appointed, how much of a chance did he get given then? And how about acknowledging all the problems Souness has faced last season and this which have hindered Newcastle's progress and his job? Giving somebody a chance is about more than just giving them some time to get settled before you throw them out. Bobby Robson finished his first two seasons in charge of United in the bottom half of the table but people gave him a chance and he ended up taking us into the top four and Champions League football. Why give Bobby a chance and yet not Souness?

As for the money that Souness has had to spend, you'd think that this was some kind of panacea, a cure-all. Just because we've spent money on players doesn't protect us from them getting injured. You'd think surely to God that people would acknowledge this, that somethings do happen which the manager has no control over and can't be blamed for? I mean, the Titanic cost a lot of money to build but it didn't protect her from hitting an iceberg and sinking! But, no, the people who never gave Souness a chance have evn got an answer for this too! An answer which, surprise surprise, lays the blame at the feet of Graeme Souness! Oh well. they say, it must have been Souness's coaching and training methods that caused the injuries! So, Keiron Dyer, Michael Owen and Titus Bramble weren't picking up injuries before they were managed by Souness? And don't footballers in general pick up injuries anyway because it's a physically demanding sport? Oh well, they reply, if Souness hadn't sold so many players then we would've had cover for the injured players. What, you mean the sub standard trouble makers like JJ, Kluivert, Robert, Bellamy and Butt who either signed their own marching orders or who the crowd has been calling for to be sold for ages?

And this is how it goes with them. One more reason after another to try and make it appear that their wanting to get rid of Souness is based on justified and rational reasoning. Every time you think you've proved them wrong they just pop right up with another poor argument for you to disprove. Do you remember when some people were trying to convince us that Souness would only buy terrible players from the SPL like Dado Prso?! Andd when that was disproved by us buying Owen you thought we'd moved on a step but no. As soon as they got the opportunity to start rallying the troops against Souness again, they took it and we were back to square one!

I wouldn't blame Souness if he just decided to hand in his resignation to the Chairman and walk away from all this. Certain sections of the crowd will never give him a chance, they'll take every opportunity they can to get him sacked. Graeme Souness must have balls the size of watermelons to have given him the guts to take on this job in the first place let alone stick at it!

If you thought the match against Wigan was an embarresment to the club then you haven't seen anything yet. Because if Souness is sacked because of these selfish, bully boy individuals who never gave a decent man a chance then this will be a far greater embarrasment to the club than losing one measley league cup game.

coffee.gif

Bullshit. Idiot

What delightful, refreshing insight, I find it hard to disagree with your profound thoughts.

I concur. Obi stop the crusade. A team is only as good as the guy managing it. I believe that Souness is doing his best. However he is so far out of his league its embarrassing.

I agree totally with Cobh, only a simpleton would try and defend the half witted tactics used by the Scot. Time to smell the roses your great leader needs to bog off back to Rangers. There is no other chairman in the world that would defend a manager who has spent as much as Souness and done so little.

Like Rafa Benitez 5 wins ago?

Again I shall repeat, I didnt write this.

Guest tyneside_lad

I like coming on here reading the bit crack that goes on. I never really post, i've been patient with Souness wanting to like him and give him time up until last night. Its the first time ive thought get that F****r out of the job or we are gonna finish the same as last year or worse! He really has p****d me off, he just isn't motivating the players, god knows what the f*** goes on in a training session.

Can somebody tell me how many games he's had, won drawn and lost please? He must of well lost more games than he has won.

The worst I find is that if he gets sacked its another rebuilding process and we really wanna keep quality players like Owen, parker and Emre etc. Being at a club that that has a s***e manager who can't manage or motivate and loses inexcusable games just upsets the players and makes them wanna f*** off. Lets face it would you wanna stay in this sort of situation? Not much chance of a trophy and a slim chance of European football next year?

Get Souness out now and get somebody in the players Want to play for before its too late.

Hope Santa gets my letter  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Cobh Ramblers

coffee.gif

Bullshit. Idiot

I agree totally with Cobh, only a simpleton would try and defend the half witted tactics used by the Scot. Time to smell the roses your great leader needs to bog off back to Rangers. There is no other chairman in the world that would defend a manager who has spent as much as Souness and done so little.

Then why present it as though you had? Simpleton.

Souness has had part of last season and about a third of this season in charge of Newcastle. But Souness was getting booed within a few monthes of being appointed, how much of a chance did he get given then? And how about acknowledging all the problems Souness has faced last season and this which have hindered Newcastle's progress and his job? Giving somebody a chance is about more than just giving them some time to get settled before you throw them out. Bobby Robson finished his first two seasons in charge of United in the bottom half of the table but people gavehim a chance and he ended up taking us into the top four and Champions League football. Why give Bobby a chance and yetnot Souness?

So one-sided it is incredible.  I particularly like this bit:

Graeme Souness must have balls the size of watermelons to have given him the guts to take on this job in the first place let alone stick at it!

It's like saying that a man is courageous for taking a better job than the one he was failing at originally!  Where's the bravery in that?  He is being well paid after all and it would have been a nice ego boost for the egomaniac.  Maybe he consulted his yes men about whether to take the job or not.  What other answer could they have possibly given him?

I suspect that whoever wrote that piece wants a piece of Souey's arse.

Obi,

Stop it....You have defended Souness all summer, I will not tolerate your stubborness on this much longer.... bluecool.gif

Parky and Obi:

Interesting comment Parky.

What other forums did you post at and under what names?

You appear out of nowhere and stir it up. Are you makems or just bored WUMs?

How do you know eachother and Big Verns Shooter?

"If Souness loses his job before the end of season then it will be nothing short of a disgarace and a victory for mob rule."

it might be a victory for common sense on the other hand

generally there is little evidence that changing the manager makes a big difference but I'm getting seriously concerend about Souness

he's bought some decent players but he just doesn't seem to be able to get them to play for him

Souness was not the popular choice.

Souness has received the bulk of fans support. Bolton away for example.

Most fans seemed to blame Freddie and backed Souness.

I think Souness is probably a perfectly nice fella,as stated.

However managers live and die by results, his results have been poor.

He has stated on many occasions to judge him this season with his players. We are and it is not good enough.

We dont need a witch hunt. We need the board to react appropriately to the situation.

No PLC in the country would stand by and blindly back the manager of a failing business.

We must have European football or the doom mongers will be proved right.

These are all facts. Souness has his supporters, and there are those that think a change now will be a mistake. Time will tell who are right. However unless we act soon the season is dead, Europe a lost cause.

Will Owen want to stay without European football?

Without Owen next season,without funds to purchase a top class striker and the required level of football to attract such a player we will be in real trouble.

Sentiment has no place in such decisions. We are a failing business, we must be turned around quickly.

Freddie must wield the axe and aim high, pay a fortune and get the RIGHT MAN.

Varadi that is the main bone of contention with us still not calling for Souness' head. If there was a modicum of hope that Fat Fred would appoint Hitzfeld Im sure we'd all snap his arm off, however, why would he now? When he could have after SBR? He went for Bruce and Allardyce, we dont know how lucky an escape we've had.

We only really know what we read. Did he try for Hitzfeld?  If so did he try hard enough?

Many papers, real ones not The Sun, NOTW etc have stated recently that Hitzfeld wants to manage here and seems interested in the job at Man Ure. Well he will have to wait another 2 years for Sour Face to hang up his stopwatch.

When the pressure was really on, Bolton away springs to mind, Freddie responded by pulling out the stops and getting Owen.

Freddie knows the contempt we have for him, and therefore knows that he must placate the fans especially when we are 100% correct in our critique of Souness and his record as our manager.

Hitzfeld would be wanted by many clubs throughout Europe, but how many could match what we could pay him?.

How many offer the challenge he will get here?. If he brings European football and a Trophy of any kind he would be almost a God.

Everyone has their price. No-one seems to query the fact that a world class goalscorer costs a fortune in salary, however unless managed correctly can prove to be a waste of money. To get the best we have to pay the best.

Yes Chelsea have bottomless pockets and have signed many wonderful players but non more important than the Manager.

Jose is tactically astute as well as being able to get the maximum from his players, Porto won everything without a huge transfer fund. That type of quality comes at a high price.

I would not want to sack Souness and replace him with anyone current British manager. I dont see the point, but to wait could be a disaster on the Leeds scale.

We're both from TT Cali. bluecool.gif

Give Obi his due, he has been defending the realist postion like he was documentary film maker.

He does know a fuuck load about he toon though. bluecool.gif

Guest Cyberbats

. Because if Souness is sacked because of these selfish, bully boy individuals who never gave a decent man a chance then this will be a far greater embarrasment to the club than losing one measley league cup game.

coffee.gif

Obi, I admire you defence of Souness, though I don't relish your task of convincing anybody that your position is legitimate.

I was practically the only person on HTT's original forum defending Bobby Robson when the majority of posters wanted his head on a spike during his last full season in charge and beyond.

You are right, the position of manager should not be decided by those that shout the loudest.

However, Souness' appointment was the wrong one. He took a team that had finished top 4th, 3rd, 5th (the only time that Newcastle have been consistently in the top 5 in 50 years!) to their worst season in the premiership EVER !

He then spent around the same amount of money in 9 months as the last manager spent in 5 years.

Referees, Injuries, the training ground, all excuses - the last manager had to cope with all those and more - he had no support from his Chairman. Have referees suddenly got worse since Souness took over, and in terms of injuries, do you recall the club trying to bring in loaned out players for the UEFA (Caldwell came back from Leeds, Lua Lua refused to come back etc) under the last manager ?

You mention troublesome and stroppy players - well the last manager seemed to still get the best out of them. The only one who wounded the last manager was Dyer and if you recall, the SBR tried to keep the spat inhouse.

So, instead of Dyer gettingf the boot< under Souness, he gets a much improved contract for doing little to nothing to help our cause. No wonder Olivier Bernard, evert present in the Newcastle team was pissed off that there was nothing extra in the budget for him. Never mind, we have another sicknote, Babayaro to replace him on more than dfouble what he was being paid. Good management ?

Squandering our assets - is Bellamy really only worth 3m? Robert nothing? Hughes 1.5m ?

To close, Souness doesn't have the required intelligence or interpersonal skills to do what is required in top level football management.

Compare him to someone like Gus Hiddink who I hoped would replace Robson (though I never wanted Robson to leave). He took PSV to the final stages of the Champions League last season despite the board selling all his best players prior to his arrival, and this year he is doing great things with PSV in the League and in Europe, oh, and he has taken a part time job, manager of Australia and has got them qualified for the world cup.

We need to look to someone of that stature as our next manager, sooner rather than later, because the brave thing to do is make a change now, so the new manager can assess what is required prior to the transfer window opening.

You say that Souness has brought good players to the club. If thats so, then isn't our League position all that more disappointing ?

There are 5 points between us and Everton and Everton were in a relegation position last week. Time has run out......

Guest StevieH84

Mesell thinks souness is crap,till i see something different

he will in my eyes remain crap,and should be shown the door

"Taxi for Souness" 1 way ride to knob end land.....

If Souness loses his job before the end of season then it will be nothing short of a disgarace and a victory for mob rule. It will also prove yet again - if more proof were needed - that this club is unmanageable...

Souness has had part of last season and about a third of this season in charge of Newcastle. But Souness was getting booed within a few monthes of being appointed, how much of a chance did he get given then? And how about acknowledging all the problems Souness has faced last season and this which have hindered Newcastle's progress and his job? Giving somebody a chance is about more than just giving them some time to get settled before you throw them out. Bobby Robson finished his first two seasons in charge of United in the bottom half of the table but people gavehim a chance and he ended up taking us into the top four and Champions League football. Why give Bobby a chance and yetnot Souness?

coffee.gif

So your happy from coming from challenging for a CL place and playing good football, to being a mid table side and playing rubbish football.

Sounarse's job has been on the line since he came here. He has spent £50 Million and has done no better than what he did with us last season. It isnt just about losing a league cup game, it was Wigans RESERVE SIDE. They were all over us for 90 minutes of that game. Sack the fecker now before he drags us into a relegation battle

Guest The Fox

I find I'm in agreement with Cyber on a lot of points and cant agree with OBI at all.

Souness has had plenty of opportunity and the money to go with it. True on paper he has brought in some talent, talent which by and large has yet to manifest itself on the pitch. Souness was responsible for getting Dyer a new 5 year contract at a time when most fans could see and had for some time, that he was an injury liability. He also purchased Moore, who we have yet to see on the pitch and brought in McDermott who contributes WHAT! exactly.

The key point however is that not once during Souness's reign have I seen a performance that has come anywhere near numerous performances under Robson.

His tactical nous is non existant and he desperately switches players all over the place.

Forget the fact that the Players may stick up for him, they would he brought a lot of them in, and Shepherd has issued a rallying call, he would he appointed him, but apparently we are all in this together, despite the fact he appointed a Manager nobody wanted.

Bring in a new man now so that he has the rest of the season to see what we've got and plan for the future.

This season is over believe me if he remains, no Europe and no FA Cup success, just a lot of mediocrity and a few players probably looking to get out, Given being one.

Owen will be injured more times than he plays and a few others fit this bill as well.

how on earth can you bring Benitez' name into the discussion

crylaughin.gif

There is nothing to help your argument there!

Tenth time, I dint friggin write it :rofl:

Rafa my boy, 5 games ago you were a laughing stock, but as fickle as  football fans are you'll be the new messiah again now, so Jewell, Martin the Mong or Big Sam will have to shift their fat arses once more  blueyes.gif

Tenth time, I dint friggin write it :rofl:

Rafa my boy, 5 games ago you were a laughing stock, but as fickle as  football fans are you'll be the new messiah again now, so Jewell, Martin the Mong or Big Sam will have to shift their fat arses once more  blueyes.gif

laughing stock?

crylaughin.gif crylaughin.gif

good god man! We lost 2 in a row (one in a competition that is apparently worthless when you win it, and important when you lose in it), and we where a laughing stock?. You are the laughing stock Obi!

Benitez is an European Cup winning manager.  Liverpool this season have lost only 2 games in the league, where always 2 games in hand on most teams - hence in a mid table position until 2 weeks ago, one now played, and they are up there. As well as comfortably easing their way through a tough Champions League group with a game to spare. Laughing stock?  crylaughin.gif crylaughin.gif crylaughin.gif  Get a grip man!