See Im not the only one

Guest Obi

Tenth time, I dint friggin write it :rofl:

Rafa my boy, 5 games ago you were a laughing stock, but as fickle as  football fans are you'll be the new messiah again now, so Jewell, Martin the Mong or Big Sam will have to shift their fat arses once more  blueyes.gif

laughing stock?

crylaughin.gif crylaughin.gif

good god man! We lost 2 in a row (one in a competition that is apparently worthless when you win it, and important when you lose in it), and we where a laughing stock?. You are the laughing stock Obi!

Benitez is an European Cup winning manager.  Liverpool this season have lost only 2 games in the league, where always 2 games in hand on most teams - hence in a mid table position until 2 weeks ago, one now played, and they are up there. As well as comfortably easing their way through a tough Champions League group with a game to spare. Laughing stock?  crylaughin.gif crylaughin.gif crylaughin.gif  Get a grip man!

Where are you in the League, Rafa? If WE were a "laughing stock" one minute, then up there the next, i'd be happy!!!

Personally, i think Benitez has made a few unsound choices, but he is a million times the manager Souness will ever be.

But don't try to condemn SOuness fo rtaking a club DOWN the league table in over a year with loads of money, cos apparently thats "blinkered".

Where are you in the League, Rafa? If WE were a "laughing stock" one minute, then up there the next, i'd be happy!!!

Personally, i think Benitez has made a few unsound choices, but he is a million times the manager Souness will ever be.

But don't try to condemn SOuness fo rtaking a club DOWN the league table in over a year with loads of money, cos apparently thats "blinkered".

where are we in the league? We are 4th. 

Of course he's a million times the manger Souness will ever be, thats not in discussion.  All managers make unsound choices, some more than others, Benitez doesn't make many, certainly far less than many others.

But hey, I ain't gonna stand by and read some absolute bullchat by someone trying to use Rafa as an argument to say that somehow the position Rafa has been in is similar to Souness. They couldn't be more diffeernt.

Souness is a fecin fossil, who has no idea about coaching today's game of football.

Rafa my friend I shall spell it out.

Your namesake was the laughing stock.

People were pissing their backs off at Crotch playing upfront and missing 3 Yard headers, your namesake had paid £7m for him, you werent winning games, you were in the bottom half of the table, playing poorly etc.

5 wins on the trot and you are the new messiah, understand yet?

. Because if Souness is sacked because of these selfish, bully boy individuals who never gave a decent man a chance then this will be a far greater embarrasment to the club than losing one measley league cup game.

coffee.gif

Obi, I admire you defence of Souness, though I don't relish your task of convincing anybody that your position is legitimate.

I was practically the only person on HTT's original forum defending Bobby Robson when the majority of posters wanted his head on a spike during his last full season in charge and beyond.

You are right, the position of manager should not be decided by those that shout the loudest.

However, Souness' appointment was the wrong one. He took a team that had finished top 4th, 3rd, 5th (the only time that Newcastle have been consistently in the top 5 in 50 years!) to their worst season in the premiership EVER !

He then spent around the same amount of money in 9 months as the last manager spent in 5 years.

Referees, Injuries, the training ground, all excuses - the last manager had to cope with all those and more - he had no support from his Chairman. Have referees suddenly got worse since Souness took over, and in terms of injuries, do you recall the club trying to bring in loaned out players for the UEFA (Caldwell came back from Leeds, Lua Lua refused to come back etc) under the last manager ?

You mention troublesome and stroppy players - well the last manager seemed to still get the best out of them. The only one who wounded the last manager was Dyer and if you recall, the SBR tried to keep the spat inhouse.

So, instead of Dyer gettingf the boot< under Souness, he gets a much improved contract for doing little to nothing to help our cause. No wonder Olivier Bernard, evert present in the Newcastle team was pissed off that there was nothing extra in the budget for him. Never mind, we have another sicknote, Babayaro to replace him on more than dfouble what he was being paid. Good management ?

Squandering our assets - is Bellamy really only worth 3m? Robert nothing? Hughes 1.5m ?

To close, Souness doesn't have the required intelligence or interpersonal skills to do what is required in top level football management.

Compare him to someone like Gus Hiddink who I hoped would replace Robson (though I never wanted Robson to leave). He took PSV to the final stages of the Champions League last season despite the board selling all his best players prior to his arrival, and this year he is doing great things with PSV in the League and in Europe, oh, and he has taken a part time job, manager of Australia and has got them qualified for the world cup.

We need to look to someone of that stature as our next manager, sooner rather than later, because the brave thing to do is make a change now, so the new manager can assess what is required prior to the transfer window opening.

You say that Souness has brought good players to the club. If thats so, then isn't our League position all that more disappointing ?

There are 5 points between us and Everton and Everton were in a relegation position last week. Time has run out......

Holy sh*t Bats, I thought you were dead!  Good to see you and glad to see the posts are still up to the usual standard! bluebiggrin.gif

Rafa my friend I shall spell it out.

Your namesake was the laughing stock.

People were pissing their backs off at Crotch playing upfront and missing 3 Yard headers, your namesake had paid £7m for him, you werent winning games, you were in the bottom half of the table, playing poorly etc.

5 wins on the trot and you are the new messiah, understand yet?

Give it up yer numpty.

Read what I wrote before - we lost 2 games in the league so far this season, and where mid table with 2 games in hand, now we have played one of those games in hand we are no longer mid table. We are in the last 16 of the CL. If that makes us a laughing stock, I hope Rafa continues to make us laugh for a long long time.

Laughing stock my fecin arse. You Obi are the laughing stock.  No wonder people are taking the piss out of you here.

He seems to have somehow forgotten that in 8 games against deomestic opposition before their recent good run they had only won once.

He seems to have forgotten the stick Rafa was getting from the media and other fans for Crotch and the other misfiring nuggets upfront.

He seems to have forgotten about the stick dished out about signing Crotch and not Owen, playing Cisse out of position, Gerrard looking forlorn etc.

Some people see what they want to see, I mean how many times do I have to say I didnt write that bloody article  :rofl:

In my opinion (which isn't much I know) Rafa is a superb manager, with a fantastic pedigree and his track record speaks for itself.  The fact that Liverpool are now 4th says he must be doing something right.

I would chop your hand off for him at NUFC, but what would I know?  bluewink.gif

He seems to have somehow forgotten that in 8 games against deomestic opposition before their recent good run they had only won once.

He seems to have forgotten the stick Rafa was getting from the media and other fans for Crotch and the other misfiring nuggets upfront.

He seems to have forgotten about the stick dished out about signing Crotch and Owen, playing Cisse out of position, Gerrard looking forlorn etc.

Some people see what they want to see, I mean how many times do I have to say I didnt write that bloody article  :rofl:

The gutter press always gives managers stick, it's what they do, it's what sells papers, do you actually believe and take as gospel what the media write? Liverpool's chief exec and chairman had no issue with Benitez, how could they? And that is the important thing surely, not what some pissed up hack in London writes. The team this season are better points wise in the league than they where at the same stage last season. The team defensively is better. The team is playing better than in the league last season. Simply put - the manager is IMPROVING the club.

Isnt that what managers are supposed to do? Is Souness improving your club? Answer that please? And do you agree that Souness is a fossil of a manager? Are you going to answer that? Or turn your posts into bashing a succesful manager - because you are all out of arguments for Souness? 

He seems to have forgotten about the stick dished out about signing Crotch and not Owen, playing Cisse out of position, Gerrard looking forlorn etc.

And yet, after all that, Liverpool, having spent less than us in the past season and a bit, have done well (!) in Europe, finshed top 5, and are currently top 4.

And WE are the laughing stocks, due largely to our incompetent, lying, cretinous manager.

If Liverpool were a laughing stock 5 games ago, well I dont know what the fuck we are now!!! We have been a laughing stock for over a year now. Ever since the Dyer incident at Boro. The appointment of Souness just topped it all off. Now, everyone what was critisising him back then have been proved right. He has been a failier everywhere, and people knew it wouldnt change here. If anyone is surprised at the state we are in under Souness, you dont know much about his ability

He seems to have forgotten about the stick dished out about signing Crotch and Owen, playing Cisse out of position, Gerrard looking forlorn etc.

The gutter press always gives managers stick, it's what they do, it's what sells papers, do you actually believe and take as gospel what the media write? Liverpool's chief exec and chairman had no issue with Benitez, how could they? And that is the important thing surely, not what some pissed up hack in London writes. The team this season are better points wise in the league than they where at the same stage last season. The team defensively is better. The team is playing better than in the league last season. Simply put - the manager is IMPROVING the club.

Isnt that what managers are supposed to do? Is Souness improving your club? Answer that please? And do you agree that Souness is a fossil of a manager? Are you going to answer that? Or turn your posts into bashing a succesful manager - because you are all out of arguments for Souness?

Rafa my friend, you miss the point entirely.

The media give the sheep their opinions, before your good run you had won one game in 8 against domestic opposition, people were pointing and laughing at Rafa for many reasons (some I have mentioned).

Now here is the point, see if you can grasp it, 5 wins in a row and its someone elses turn, he's the messiah once more.

Underfuckinstand?

Rafa my friend, you miss the point entirely.

The media give the sheep their opinions, before your good run you had won one game in 8 against domestic opposition, people were pointing and laughing at Rafa for many reasons (some I have mentioned).

Now here is the point, see if you can grasp it, 5 wins in a row and its someone elses turn, he's the messiah once more.

Under****instand?

And YOU miss the point, which is that the defence of Souness you quote is a load of shite, and that he's poison to this club.

And YOU miss the point, which is that the defence of Souness you quote is a load of shite, and that he's poison to this club.

Its a shame people like you dont understand Irony.

The point in the thread was someone asked me is there anyone out there that shares my opinion (hasnt hung Souness) or is still living in hope?

I think the thread title says it all, well to sensible people.

If someone came in a bought NUFC and got rid of FFS and Douglas and said he was starting form scratch it woudl be interesting.

Make everyone reapply for thier jobs.

How many would reappoint Souness in this situation.

The only reason he has any support from anyone is because he is the current occupant of the position of manager. The justification for keeping him on is that he deserves mroe time. I haven't read all the posts but I'd be surprised if someone hadsn't gone down the "Ferguson nearly got sacked" route, and tried to justify stability on the back of that.

The assumption has to be that Souness has some master plan that will come to fruition and that defeats to Everton, and Wigan reserves are just blips on the way to heaven.

Should Arsenal have stuck with Rioch as their manager ? Should sunderland stick with McCarthy, or have stuck with Reid, or Wilko ? Shoudl Spurs have stucjk with Christian Gross. Shoudl we have stuck with Ossie Ardiles or Dalglish or Gullit. In som ecases mistakes are made,the wrong person is appointed.

Ok, final word Obi for now, as I have to go.

We have gone 7 games without a loss, winning 6 of them, or conceding a goal - so how on gods green earth would be be a laughing stock 5 games ago?  It's you 'my friend' who seems to have a hard time understanding.

This season we have lost only 2 games in the league, out of 13, and qualified from the group stages of the CL easily, winning 3 and drawing 2 games - how is that being a laughing stock?

We had a run of 2 losses which seemed to send the gutter press into a frenzy that the club was in crisis.

Yet there was no talk of that where it mattered - at the club. If you are so naive to believe that the gutter press dictates what happens, then that is your issue not mine.

I'll take my laughing stock of an European cup winning manager thanks. Gladly  bluebiggrin.gif

And do you not understand - your manager isn't improving your club - which is the job he is there to do. So go and figure that one out and then come back with a sensible reply, instead of posting ridiculous abuse about a manager who's won the fecin European Cup, UEFA Cup and 2 Spanish leauge titles in the last 5 seasons. 

You are simply too blinkered, or deluded to realise that there is no comparison POSSIBLE between Souness and Benitez, and Newcastle's form at the moment, and Liverpool.

Get some new excuses for Souness, as you are fast running out here.

Should we have stuck by SBR maybe  :glasses9:

Be careful what you wish for pessimists remember last time you got your wish  bluebigrazz.gif

Rafa

Its spelt out in Janet and John, you've taken it personally and therefore missed the point entirely, it wasnt a slur on your club but never mind, thinking is clearly beyond you aswell.

Of course I can see whats happening, Im just not a drama queen thats all.

I remember being at an away game (dont recall which one) under SBR in his second season and we were awful and I was in the minority not wanting him out for being "senile" that day.

There are plenty of sheep, very few shepherds.

Guest The gaffer

I think we have to give him a little time, it isnt like he has the best of fortunes in the last few weeks with injuries etc etc. The thing is who is to blame then for the last 2 performances, injuries a side we had enough quality to win both of them games, if we get beat on saturday regardless of what we all think something HAS to happen....

The gaffer

Of course I can see whats happening, Im just not a drama queen thats all.

I remember being at an away game (dont recall which one) under SBR in his second season and we were awful and I was in the minority not wanting him out for being "senile" that day.

There are plenty of sheep, very few shepherds.

I think there's one too many Shepherd