See Im not the only one

Guest Obi

Of course I can see whats happening, Im just not a drama queen thats all.

I remember being at an away game (dont recall which one) under SBR in his second season and we were awful and I was in the minority not wanting him out for being "senile" that day.

There are plenty of sheep, very few shepherds.

I think there's one too many Shepherd

Aye but nobody believes him Macbeth!

I think we have to give him a little time, it isnt like he has the best of fortunes in the last few weeks with injuries etc etc. The thing is who is to blame then for the last 2 performances, injuries a side we had enough quality to win both of them games, if we get beat on saturday regardless of what we all think something HAS to happen....

The gaffer

How much time should he get, then? When is it fair to judge him on last season and this one??

Guest The gaffer

I have to admit i was one of the many who didnt think chop was the right man for the job, but now we have him then we have to back him. its been over a year now that he has been at the club and he should by now have had some sort of impact so i reckon he should be judged now, but at the same time has he had the luck over the last few weeks that he deserves??no he hasnt . i will say it again if we get beat on saturday then something has to change, it has has to change cos at the mo we are in fookin free fall.

I have to admit i was one of the many who didnt think chop was the right man for the job, but now we have him then we have to back him. its been over a year now that he has been at the club and he should by now have had some sort of impact so i reckon he should be judged now, but at the same time has he had the luck over the last few weeks that he deserves??no he hasnt . i will say it again if we get beat on saturday then something has to change, it has has to change cos at the mo we are in fookin free fall.

Take out the past few weeks, and we are still in a bad position. HE'll hide behind luck for as long as we let him. Enough is enough, i say.

Take out the past few weeks, and we are still in a bad position. HE'll hide behind luck for as long as we let him. Enough is enough, i say.

Take out the last 3 results and Howaythetoon the turncoat was on an opposite side!

Take out the last 3 results and Howaythetoon the turncoat was on an opposite side!

What, does that mean that Souness has actually done a good job? Cos i was referring to the state of the club under Souness, not what some borderline sociopathic internet geekboy thinks*.

* Sorry, Chris.  bluewink.gif

Guest The gaffer

the only good job chop has done is bring in the quality players he hs bought and the poor cvnt has not had the chance to play them all together with dyer, carr because of bad genuine bad luck but  like i said before if saturday turns sour something has to change and i hop for your sake that wasnt directed at me..."borderline sociopathic internet geekboy thinks"..

What, does that mean that Souness has actually done a good job? Cos i was referring to the state of the club under Souness, not what some borderline sociopathic internet geekboy thinks*.

* Sorry, Chris. bluewink.gif

It meant despite the injury epidemic he was doing alright and I think we were 3 points off 4th place if memory serves me correctly?

Now after a disastrous 3 game spell we're an almighty 6 points off Europe.

It meant despite the injury epidemic he was doing alright and I think we were 3 points off 4th place if memory serves me correctly?

We weren't doing alright, we were doing badly. As we have, consistently since he arrived.

We weren't doing alright, we were doing badly. As we have, consistently since he arrived.

We were doing alright or is 3 points off 4th place with our injuries problems really that disastrous?

Get a sense of perspective man.

If we were 6 points off Europe but had been putting good performances in I don't think people would be worried.  But we're 6 points off europe and we don't look like scoring.  We have talented individuals who seem totally unable to work as a team, we made Everton and Wigan Reserves look like good teams, I can't see where a goal is going to come from without owen and there is no team we could face in the league at the moment that I'd feel confident of beating.  There's times when we've lost, even lost badly (For example at home to Fulham) when I've taken a lot of positives out of the game.  But you can hardly call me fickle, this has been building for months now.

We were doing alright or is 3 points off 4th place with our injuries problems really that disastrous?

You can't hide behind injuries. No way. We aren't the only club who gets them, and if we can't manage them/have no decent backups despite spending all that money, thats our own fault.

Look at Souness' record since he's been here, and say thats "alright". Look at the players he has gotten rid of and failed to replace, or failed to get rid of, and look at some of the shite he's signed.

I don't want to be 3 pts behind 4th, i want to BE 4th. If you're not capable of getting there -0 and we're notr under him - then you're not good enough, simpel as that.

Guest The gaffer

chop just been on ssn and says fook all the fickle ones. and i would just like to add that u say the last 3 games but we played quite well against chelsea and a dodgy decision could have change the game and we have had 2 piiss poor performaces and u call for his heed. but i still stay something will happen on sat if we get beat but i dont think we will i can see a agoal feast coming.... he who dares, wins....

Guest Jangles

Souness has now had 15 months and a whacking great wad of cash.

Transfers:

He's got rid a couple of bad to average players and a couple of talented big gobs with the net effect that the club is no longer regularly appearing on the front pages of newspapers.

Hes bought some very talented midfielders (Parker, Emre and Nobby). One very talented striker and an unknown winger/striker.

Defensively we paid over the odds for Boumsong, but we'd have paid over the odds for whoever we went for, we were desperate for a defender and everyone knew it.

Training

Not being a sports science expert I cant really comment other than to say we used to be one of the fittest teams, running the opposition ragged in the last 10 minutes, now we barely make it past half time.

Dont know enough to say if training is to blame for injuries but it is suspicious

Tactics

An occasional right decision i.e. Arsenal - pack the midfield with pacy dyer upfront, but usually non existant or suicidal i.e. Fulham - panic and sub off the defence meaning we get raped on the counter attack.

He's been limited by injuries, but even then he's had choices i.e. playing parker and faye, but keeping parker as the holding midfielder and faye as playmaker?!, last match playing ramage, elliot and zoggy out of position, when ramage and elliot couldve been played in the right position and nobby moved to right back where he's played before.

Results

The table doesnt lie, we're below average in a poor league.

Performances

This is what really pisses me off, we've played 14 games and for the majority we've been utter garbage, even games we got points from i.e. Fulham, Brum and Pompy.

When he arrived I wasnt happy but Ive given him a chance and I think that hes had long enough, but it would be a backwards step to appoint someone like Bruce or O'Leary. The board needs to identify a manager of proven ability, tactically astute and able to handle modern footballers and have him ready for when souness goes

You can't hide behind injuries. No way. We aren't the only club who gets them, and if we can't manage them/have no decent backups despite spending all that money, thats our own fault.

Look at Souness' record since he's been here, and say thats "alright". Look at the players he has gotten rid of and failed to replace, or failed to get rid of, and look at some of the shite he's signed.

I don't want to be 3 pts behind 4th, i want to BE 4th. If you're not capable of getting there -0 and we're notr under him - then you're not good enough, simpel as that.

Im not hiding behind bloody injuries man, for crying out fuukin loud!

You cant discount them either.

What I am saying is we were 3 points off 4th place despite our atrocious injuries, that is "alright" not "badly" all things considered.

Then even with further injuries (our only striker capable of hitting a cows arse with a frying pan for instance) we played well against the CHAMPIONS until Titus dropped a couple of his specialties in their laps.

Yes we were absolutely shocking against Wigan and Everton in the second half, totally in agreement.

Yet we're still only 6 points off Europe, despite doing so fuukin "Badly".

chop just been on ssn and says fook all the fickle ones. and i would just like to add that u say the last 3 games but we played quite well against chelsea and a dodgy decision could have change the game and we have had 2 piiss poor performaces and u call for his heed. but i still stay something will happen on sat if we get beat but i dont think we will i can see a agoal feast coming.... he who dares, wins....

An Owen-less goal feast?

Aye ok.

I've been calling for his head for over a year, so have many. Don't know where this 'fickle' thing comes from.