Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Is 5 year the only contract we do atm? Did we just Photocopy a load in bulk then just fill in the Name and Wages in pen? :lol:

I believe 5.5 years is the maximum a player over a certain age can sign. We're just tying players down for aslong as possible it seems, making sure we get value if we want to sell.

Is 5 year the only contract we do atm? Did we just Photocopy a load in bulk then just fill in the Name and Wages in pen? :lol:

Even the wages are all the same under the new regime.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20Government/Communism/communism_is_evil.jpg

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20Government/Communism/communism_is_evil.jpg

:lol:

:spit:

So it's 6m euros? That's £5.3m not £4.3m as first thought. Still a great deal nevertheless..

Depends on how he'll do.

What a fucking pointless post.

People thought last summer:

Campbell for free, great deal.

Perch, for low money, stopped Jonas for one game, great deal.

Gosling for free, great deal.

Ben Arfa on loan, great deal.

Tiote for low money, great deal.

Which of those have been great deals? Tiote, yes. Ben Arfa, might be if he turns out to be what we think he his. The rest? No.

Because you could say that about every single transfer ever made before they get to play. Just a complete stating of the obvious. It's pretty evident at the moment we don't know exactly how he'll turn out, but it does seem like a great deal which was obviously the point Penka was making.

Tbf, I can't remember there being widespread joyousness at all of those. And wasn't there more apprehension than 'great deal' about Tiote considering quite a few on the forum didn't know a thing about him?

Because you could say that about every single transfer ever made before they get to play. Just a complete stating of the obvious. It's pretty evident at the moment we don't know exactly how he'll turn out, but it does seem like a great deal which was obviously the point you were making.

Agree with that. Allthough, I've become a bit carefull with judging new signing before they've played for us.

So it's 6m euros? That's £5.3m not £4.3m as first thought. Still a great deal nevertheless..

Depends on how he'll do.

:lol:  Am I the only person to spot it?

Has a go at someone's post whilst simultaneously describing his own.  :coolsmiley:

Tbf, I can't remember there being widespread joyousness at all of those. And wasn't there more apprehension than 'great deal' about Tiote considering quite a few on the forum didn't know a thing about him?

Agree about Tiote. But Gosling and Ben Arfa were thought to be great deals and people thought Perch would do well because of his game against us in the CCC.

For Campbell there was even a thread 'why he should start' (or something like that) :lol:

Depends on how he'll do.

:lol:  Am I the only person to spot it?

Has a go at someone's post whilst simultaneously describing his own.   :coolsmiley:

:bluestar:

It irked me how much he was stating the obvious though.

I definitely remember people getting worried that we'd be relegated with the likes of Nolan in midfield.

I think it was more of the thought of Smith and Nolan in centre midfield that scared people.

Agree about Tiote. But Gosling and Ben Arfa were thought to be great deals and people thought Perch would do well because of his game against us in the CCC.

For Campbell there was even a thread 'why he should start' (or something like that) :lol:

Ben Arfa and Gosling spent the season injured, you can't do anything about that and has no reflection on their ability as footballers.

Your logic is terrible btw.

I definitely remember people getting worried that we'd be relegated with the likes of Nolan in midfield.

I think it was more of the thought of Smith and Nolan in centre midfield that scared people.

It was.

And we would have been if wasn't for the Tiote signing.  :thup:

Even then people were worried about Tiote only being back-up to Smith.

Ben Arfa and Gosling spent the season injured, you can't do anything about that and has no reflection on their ability as footballers.

Your logic is terrible btw.

Ok.

And we would have been if wasn't for the Tiote signing.  :thup:

Even then people were worried about Tiote only being back-up to Smith.

I would love to see any quotes of people saying this. Go on, Im begging you.