Yohan Cabaye retires

I would sell everyone but Krul, Ben Arfa and the new lads. The rest all have a price really. Cabaye will be 28 soon enough, maybe now is the time to cash in for 25 mill pounds. Whether we can scout a replacement of equal or better quality is the question.

This post blows my mind.

I would sell everyone but Krul, Ben Arfa and the new lads. The rest all have a price really. Cabaye will be 28 soon enough, maybe now is the time to cash in for 25 mill pounds. Whether we can scout a replacement of equal or better quality is the question.

This post blows my mind.

Same with half the 'might as well sell him' posts in here tbh.  Madness.

This post blows my mind.

Think a lot of people are just accepting reality that we are in no position to hang on to quality players after this season if they want to leave.

Unless we replace the manager and let him rightly take the blame for this disaster of a season how can the club look players like Cabaye in the eye and promise it will be better next season? After he and many others have been sold a lie by Pardew about the style of football and the direction we were heading.

This is the reality of being in a relegation battle while trying still reputation wise trying to build. This season has set us back and it will show in the summer when star players are looking for a club which offers winning football and chances to win medals, that chances of that happening at newcastle under Pardew is somewhere slightly north of zero.

This post blows my mind.

Think a lot of people are just accepting reality that we are in no position to hang on to quality players after this season if they want to leave.

Unless we replace the manager and let him rightly take the blame for this disaster of a season how can the club look players like Cabaye in the eye and promise it will be better next season? After he and many others have been sold a lie by Pardew about the style of football and the direction we were heading.

This is the reality of being in a relegation battle while trying still reputation wise trying to build. This season has set us back and it will show in the summer when star players are looking for a club which offers winning football and chances to win medals, that chances of that happening at newcastle under Pardew is somewhere slightly north of zero.

Yes - agree with this, its just telling it like it is.

The club doesn't need to promise Cabaye anything... both players and manager have to take the blame for how shit this season has been. Cabaye is an important member of our squad and he's under contract. One poor season doesn't make it impossible for us to hang onto him.

Almost seems like people take perverse pleasure in wishing our best players away, so they can say they were right about how shite Pardew is or something.

Guest icemanblue

The club doesn't need to promise Cabaye anything... both players and manager have to take the blame for how shit this season has been. Cabaye is an important member of our squad and he's under contract. One poor season doesn't make it impossible for us to hang onto him.

Almost seems like people take perverse pleasure in wishing our best players away, so they can say they were right about how shite Pardew is or something.

Compulsive negativity. Some seem to revel in it.

Assuming we stay up, I wouldn't be surprised to see an early-ish signing through the door as an attempt to make a statement about the backing for the manager and that we don't see this season as being representative of where we claim to want to be.

Probably someone who we've got or are close to an agreement with already.

And here we are with you talking shit again, no one has said it's impossible, but it's been made that much harder, secondly no one is wishing it, that's just your spin to suit your view to protect Pardew.

Assuming we stay up, I wouldn't be surprised to see an early-ish signing through the door as an attempt to make a statement about the backing for the manager and that we don't see this season as being representative of where we claim to want to be.

It would be a very good idea.

They'll at least prepare a few bids, try and keep fans happy.

The club doesn't need to promise Cabaye anything... both players and manager have to take the blame for how s*** this season has been. Cabaye is an important member of our squad and he's under contract. One poor season doesn't make it impossible for us to hang onto him.

Almost seems like people take perverse pleasure in wishing our best players away, so they can say they were right about how s**** Pardew is or something.

And here we are with you talking s*** again, no one has said it's impossible, but it's been made that much harder, secondly no one is wishing it, that's just your spin to suit your view to protect Pardew.

TT, tbh, i think that is misreprenstative of Ian W's views. He's a very positive chap but possibly this season has brought him to the middle ground of realism while pushing the rest of us closer to a precipice of despair!

Actually, i think a good early signing would keep the mood of the squad happy.

Will be one of many being hounded this summer. Don't fancy our chance of holding onto them after this ridiculous season.

Not being wise after the event, but when we signed all the French players I said that it would be a test of Pardew's management if he could adapt to the incoming squad members and we've had our answer. If he stays we can kiss goodbye to this squad and prepare for a new era of mid-table mediocrity IMO. He's on course to set this club back 5 years.

Actually, i think a good early signing would keep the mood of the squad happy.

Particularly after last summer.

The club doesn't need to promise Cabaye anything... both players and manager have to take the blame for how s*** this season has been. Cabaye is an important member of our squad and he's under contract. One poor season doesn't make it impossible for us to hang onto him.

Almost seems like people take perverse pleasure in wishing our best players away, so they can say they were right about how s**** Pardew is or something.

And here we are with you talking s*** again, no one has said it's impossible, but it's been made that much harder, secondly no one is wishing it, that's just your spin to suit your view to protect Pardew.

TT, tbh, i think that is misreprenstative of Ian W's views. He's a very positive chap but possibly this season has brought him to the middle ground of realism while pushing the rest of us closer to a precipice of despair!

What like he purposely misinterprets any negative views and disregardes them by writing them off as baseless negativity or taking perverse pleasure in the situation when in fact it's nearer to reality than he's ever fucking been.

Fucker lives is cloud cookoo land, while people are sucked in by his passive aggressive stance on everything.

Will be one of many being hounded this summer. Don't fancy our chance of holding onto them after this ridiculous season.

Not being wise after the event, but when we signed all the French players I said that it would be a test of Pardew's management if he could adapt to the incoming squad members and we've had our answer. If he stays we can kiss goodbye to this squad and prepare for a new era of mid-table mediocrity IMO. He's on course to set this club back 5 years.

Remind me who got us to this point again?

What like he purposely misinterprets any negative views and disregardes them by writing them off as baseless negativity or taking perverse pleasure in the situation when in fact it's nearer to reality than he's ever f***ing been.

f***er lives is cloud cookoo land, while people are sucked in by his passive aggressive stance on everything.

Well, he's grown on me tbh :lol:

That seems to contradict the view that many posters had on here when we were facing bids before last season for our better players. I seem to remember a lot of 'oh well if a bigger club comes in there is nothing much we can do'.

What's changed?  We won't be in Europe for a start.

I don't understand why Toon's Taylor hates me so much.

If I say something like 'I don't think it's impossible we'll hang onto him', I'm not saying anyone has said it is impossible. I'm saying that in my view there's no reason to think he's likely to leave.

It's like arguing with a five year-old at times.

I don't get TT at all, it's like I have to re-explain my entire views every time I post, because it doesn't fall into despise Pardew or love Pardew.

Remind me who got us to this point again?

Help me out, give me a clue.

If I say something like 'I don't think it's impossible we'll hang onto him', I'm not saying anyone has said it is impossible. I'm saying that in my view there's no reason to think he's likely to leave.

You were indirectly replying to me as i had said 'promise', which you picked up on and went with, then start saying people taking perverse pleasure, obviously meaning me again. Arguing with a 5 year old would be preferable than arguing with you, least they wouldn't be sly and snake like.

You are a slippery little troll, i'll give you that.

You were indirectly replying to me as i had said 'promise', which you picked up on and went with, then start saying people taking perverse pleasure, obviously meaning me again. Arguing with a 5 year old would be preferable than arguing with you, least they wouldn't be sly and snake like.

You are a slippery little troll, i'll give you that.

I can't believe you're really 31 mate, this is silly. I don't have anything against you, I'm not picking on you or trying to have some sort of mad online vendetta FFS.

To clarify, I don't know if you are one of those people I was referring to, because I don't know you. All I was reacting to was the idea that we deserve to lose all our decent players. Yes, this is an exaggeration of what people have said to some extent, but it's the impression I get from a lot of the posts. I get the impression that some people post this because it justifies their dislike of the manager even further.

I wish we could just have a normal debate without you angrily pouncing on everything I say.