Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

tiotes been absolutely s*** to be honest

Yep, looks way off the pace.  Gets caught in possession repeatedly, which is in stark contrast to last year when you couldn't get the ball off him.  Hopefully it's been spotted and they're working on it, I think we're past the point where we can blame his naff pre-season.  He's such an important player for us that we need him on form in the games he's available.

I know this is getting chucked about every other post regarding Cheik, but isn't he fasting for Ramadan?  Certainly isn't his usual self and I don't get how he can go from being so class to so naff.

Agreed, he seems to be lacking confidence on the ball, you can see the panick in his body while the ball is at his feet. Perhaps its him getting used to new team mates, fasting for ramadan, lacking preaseason.. who knows. He doesn't look half the player he was last season and its concerning

Yep, looks way off the pace.  Gets caught in possession repeatedly, which is in stark contrast to last year when you couldn't get the ball off him.  Hopefully it's been spotted and they're working on it, I think we're past the point where we can blame his naff pre-season.  He's such an important player for us that we need him on form in the games he's available.

I know this is getting chucked about every other post regarding Cheik, but isn't he fasting for Ramadan?  Certainly isn't his usual self and I don't get how he can go from being so class to so naff.

I think the lack of pre season plus Ramadan is the reason. Plus he might need to adapt to his new team mates so I am fairly confident he'll be back to his awesome best soon.

EDIT: basically a repeat of what ausiemag said above. I'm not that concerned though. A player that good doesn't become shit overnight.

Yep, looks way off the pace.  Gets caught in possession repeatedly, which is in stark contrast to last year when you couldn't get the ball off him.  Hopefully it's been spotted and they're working on it, I think we're past the point where we can blame his naff pre-season.  He's such an important player for us that we need him on form in the games he's available.

I know this is getting chucked about every other post regarding Cheik, but isn't he fasting for Ramadan?  Certainly isn't his usual self and I don't get how he can go from being so class to so naff.

Aye, sounds about right.  Fucking stupid tbh, we did a sponsored fast at our primary school when I was about 9, you'd have thought he'd have grown out of it.

Aye, sounds about right.  Fucking stupid tbh, we did a sponsored fast at our primary school when I was about 9, you'd have thought he'd have grown out of it.

:kasper: of all the people on here :lol:

O ye of little faith!

Maybe God has smiled down on NUFC so far this season, due to the personal sacrifices both Tiote and Ba have made in giving up their nosh.

Think about that you filthy heathens  :snod:

O ye of little faith!

Maybe God has smiled down on NUFC so far this season, due to the personal sacrifices both Tiote and Ba have made in giving up their nosh.

Think about that you filthy heathens  :snod:

We'll probably concede six next time Tiote has a mars bar then.

I'm not following you, is this because I live in East London? :lol:

I'm only taking the piss anyway, I find the idea of Ramadan pretty commendable - it's just a shame it's not very compatible with being a professional footballer.  Or anything really, I went to Uni with this lad who was a Muslim and he was always fucking starving during that month and it really affected his concentration.

Agreed, he seems to be lacking confidence on the ball, you can see the panick in his body while the ball is at his feet. Perhaps its him getting used to new team mates, fasting for ramadan, lacking preaseason.. who knows. He doesn't look half the player he was last season and its concerning

i'm wondering if his slow starts and getting better as the game goes on (much like the whole team) are anything to do with us looking to keep it tight early on and then pushing on from there. my biggest gripe with tiote yesterday was how often he passed it backwards, perhaps as the game goes on and cabaye moves further forward its easier to find a pass. ben arfa will help massively with this obviously.

I'm not following you, is this because I live in East London? :lol:

I'm only taking the piss anyway, I find the idea of Ramadan pretty commendable - it's just a shame it's not very compatible with being a professional footballer.  Or anything really, I went to Uni with this lad who was a Muslim and he was always fucking starving during that month and it really affected his concentration.

Well, on the scale of posters on here, there's:

Interpolic :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> RupertCommunicator :::::::::::::> Morph

:lol:

Cabaye in French press on Barton.

'We play against him in our next game, he already wanted to leave. It is a shame because he is an important player in the changing room as well as on the pitch. No matter what is said about him, he also knows how to play football.'

Is he definitely fasting for Ramadan? Cos there is a pic of him drinking from the match pics on .co.uk

:iamatwat:

Anyway - "During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight hours." Why do some of it? Might as well do it all then.