Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Cabaye have played bad lately, but i can not for the life of me blame him.

He was okay+ first half against Arsenal, and shit second.

We play a direct long ball game most of the time, we are not playing at his strength at all.

We might as well get Cattermole to play in his place if we are going to play that kind of football.

Can sell Ba and Cisse to, Ameobi and Best are better in the air.

Pardew and Newcastle are buying one kind of players, and playing a completely other tactic.

He was okay+ first half against Arsenal, and s*** second.

We play a direct long ball game most of the time, we are not playing at his strength at all.

We might as well get Cattermole to play in his place if we are going to play that kind of football.

Pardew and Newcastle are buying one kind of players, and playing a completely other tactic.

That's funny. I thought that Ba had the best goals-to-games ratio in the league and Cisse has 2 in 3 starts.

wow "Player from France who has grown up in a passing team that plays a 4-3-3 struggling to fit into an English hoofball 4-4-2 team shocker"

He's a playmaker. None of them adjust to English football swiftly, if at all.

It's up to the manager to get the best out of his players and he's failing. There's only so much blame you can try and pass onto a midfielder who likes to pass the ball when you're playing so many balls straight from goalkeeper to centre forward.

5 wins in 17 is fucking atrocious. You know it and I know it but you've painted yourself into a corner with this mug and won't admit that the job he's done since mid December has been very poor.

"Patched up" :lol:  He's picked Danny Simpson in every single game since he was appointed man, that's not patching up, he rates him.

He was okay+ first half against Arsenal, and s*** second.

That's funny. I thought that Ba had the best goals-to-games ratio in the league and Cisse has 2 in 3 starts.

Yeah, its true.

But in the last games, have it looked like he have thrived with the football we have played?

We have slowly started with much more long balls, and Ba has faded.

If we play the ball on the ground, he gets the chances, but he is no target man tbh.

5 wins in 17 is f***ing atrocious. You know it and I know it but you've painted yourself into a corner with this mug and won't admit that the job he's done since mid December has been very poor.

"Patched up" :lol:  He's picked Danny Simpson in every single game since he was appointed man, that's not patching up, he rates him.

He rates him within the context of a squad he didn't assemble. Not the same as rating him per se.

I didn't want Pardew to be appointed, neither did you. Only one of us has painted ourselves into a corner, mate.

5 wins in 17

interesting to see that in black and white as it's been painfully obvious for a long time we're riding the wave of our good start to the season and teams have worked us out to an extent

if we finish lower than 6th this season he's fucked up, no 2 ways about it, especially when you consider he's added a 9m striker to the books mid season and the most talented player at the club seems to have fit fitness and form for the run in

no excuses imo, plenty of the clubs around us have average-poor players in their squads too, it's the job of a manager to balance it all out and succeed ffs

Guest neesy111

Who have Chelsea, Liverpool or even Sunlun got starting every game that compare in terms of quality to Williamson or Simpson?

what? :lol:

sunderland have got average-poor players, they're just being carried along by new manager syndrome atm

They've got better players than Williamson and Simpson in their squads mind at CB & RB.

Who have Chelsea, Liverpool or even Sunlun got starting every game that compare in terms of quality to Williamson or Simpson?

what? :lol:

sunderland have got average-poor players, they're just being carried along by new manager syndrome atm

You were talking about the clubs 'around us' having plenty of average-poor players too. Liverpool and Chelsea are either side of us if you hadn't noticed.

Name some of these players from the clubs around us to support you point. Our weak links are far weaker than those of the mentioned clubs, and you know it.

aye, around us i meant norwich, sunderland, everton, stoke etc., liverpool are only "around" us because of their manager, chelsea for different reasons

i'll clarify: aside from manyoo, citeh, spurs, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal "plenty of the clubs around us have average-poor players in their squads too, it's the job of a manager to balance it all out and succeed ffs"

don't start with "they're not around us", the whole point of this is they're catching because we've started slowing up

OK, for the third time: name some of these players worse than Simpson and Williamson who are starting on a regular basis for the clubs around us.

You need to look at the table, btw. Norwich and Stoke are 12th and 13th, man. :lol:

OK, for the third time: name some of these players worse than Simpson and Williamson who are starting on a regular basis for the clubs around us.

You need to look at the table, btw. Norwich and Stoke are 12th and 13th, man. :lol:

tbf overall, for all sunderland have better than simpson (just, in bardsley) and williamson they don't have a midfielder or forward or, purely imo a centre half (when taylors fit) who'd get in our starting XI

tbf overall, for all sunderland have better than simpson (just, in bardsley) and williamson they don't have a midfielder or forward or, purely imo a centre half (when taylors fit) who'd get in our starting XI

We have a better team overall, no doubt. But the focus is on the weak links who are costing us every single game.

5 wins in 17 is f***ing atrocious. You know it and I know it but you've painted yourself into a corner with this mug and won't admit that the job he's done since mid December has been very poor.

19 points from 17 games is hardly "atrocious", its only slightly worse than the sort of form I was hoping for at the start of the season. You seem to be confusing us with a completely different team.

19 points from 17 games is hardly "atrocious", its only slightly worse than the sort of form I was hoping for at the start of the season. You seem to be confusing us with a completely different team.

You were hoping for slightly more than a point per game ???

i never said anyone had anyone worse than simpson, i said they have average-poor players

madras hit the nail on the head, none of the teams i've mentioned have a ba, a colo, or a hba either and there's only 8 points between us and stoke in 13th

i don't see what's so hard about this, i'll say it again: it's down to the manager to find solutions which he's presently not doing and hasn't been for a while now - play ferguson LB and santon RB for example if he's costing us on a "regular basis"

Has to be given licence to go forward, Tiote can do the holding role we don't need two holding CM's, he is our creative CM and needs to be played as such.

Let Yohan and Benny feed the strikers, Tiote and Jonas will do the leg work to protect the backfour.