Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

When Ba hit that shot into the ground that bounced over a couple of minutes after kickoff, Cabaye was stood pretty much in front of Foster and would have got any rebound.

I don't think I've seen him that far forward all season.

Back to his best today. Think it's becoming clear that if we want to get the best out of him, and a number of other players, we need stick to playing a midfield 3.

That's nowhere near his best. I certainly hope it's not.

Guest neesy111

Back to his best today. Think it's becoming clear that if we want to get the best out of him, and a number of other players, we need stick to playing a midfield 3.

That's nowhere near his best. I certainly hope it's not.

It's the best he's played since Man Utd, but still expecting far more from him.

Much more like it today.

Because we played football.

It's almost as if the way we played and his position was much better suited to his abilities, who'd have known?

Agree with this, however, it does work both ways. Him playing well like yesterday allows us to pass and keep the ball better as well.

I think it's one of the toughest jobs in football to control a game as part of a middle two in a 4-4-2. You need a super engine like Tiote unless your team dominates possession and takes the pressure off you. Don't envy anyone asked to do that job in the Premier League.

Guest firetotheworks

I loved how on the second goal, Ba could have also passed to Cabaye and he would have been pretty much one on one. He was much, much better in that advanced role.

I loved how on the second goal, Ba could have also passed to Cabaye and he would have been pretty much one on one. He was much, much better in that advanced role.

I shouted "no" when he passed the other way, Cabaye was just about clean through.

I shouted "no" when he passed the other way, Cabaye was just about clean through.

his 1st time layoff to HBA into space was :thup:

Edit: and by his, I mean Cabaye's layoff

Guest pleno1

absolutely dreadful today, just constantly gives the ball away and too often tries the inevitably failed hollywood ball.

absolutely dreadful today, just constantly gives the ball away and too often tries the inevitably failed hollywood ball.

I much prefer someone tries the match-winning passes than take the safe option every time.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy4rNAG6-XeQiJ2W1LsM7GAb82JC51ybX20R-0_MJxKCDurgWYcfrtOrbjZA

Now that we're playing a system that suits him he's really starting to look good. Give him a few more games and I think he'll be even better. Wouldn't mind seeing him stick one in the net either :D