Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

You may all be proven right but I dont get the pessimism over a fee. Its early June, its Mike Ashley and its Monaco. With no reason to sell, we're just accepting their first offer? It must be huge (in theory). Money is just a play thing for Monaco right now and here's their French talisman to captain them.

:lol: 4.5 million or something. What'd we pay, 4? it'll be 4,000,001.99 or something. 4 million and some SD tracksuits.

Classic result of a long term relationship... it didn't matter that Debuchy came over to live with Cabs.. he already tasted freedom now he is away.. was always going to end in tears.

There are a bizarre number of similarities between this and the Fritzl thing now you mention it.

Carroll = silly offer

Ba = release clause

Cabaye = ?

If its not a silly offer we're stating to anyone who joins we're a feeder club and they can use us as such. Doesnt seem a wonderous move for our future.

You may all be proven right but I dont get the pessimism over a fee. Its early June, its Mike Ashley and its Monaco. With no reason to sell, we're just accepting their first offer? It must be huge (in theory). Money is just a play thing for Monaco right now and here's their French talisman to captain them.

We could be thinking that if we don't sell now they will just move onto their next target. I doubt they're going to be hard-balled over Cabaye.

If we had a decent owner and manager we could get rid of Tiote and start again signing two new central midfielders who actually compliment together and will fit in the system that suits us best.

Could Anita & Sissoko not work?

I believe it would in a midfield 3 with someone more attacking in front but not in a midfield 2.

If we had a decent owner and manager we could get rid of Tiote and start again signing two new central midfielders who actually compliment together and will fit in the system that suits us best.

I believe it would in a midfield 3 with someone more attacking in front but not in a midfield 2.

Marveaux?

Guest bimpy474

With the Colo news, does anyone think that Colo and Cabaye didn't see eye to eye like.

Dunno, but if we have to choose one, we picked the right guy.

Have to agree like. I'm putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. Just seems a theory that can be believed.

Looks like he has popped to Monaco and done the medical before a fee has even been set. Weird.

- their advantage Cabaye is obviously crawling over broken glass to get anywhere but someone managed by Pardew

- our advantage Mike is tight, lots of clubs are after him. The fee will have to be reasonably big otherwise we would start a bidding war.

Guest antz1uk

Very much so, much better than cabbage and tiote, ESP under this fool

If he's gone, then he's a little f***ing c***. If he's gone, the powers that be have reaffirmed their status as c***s. They're all f***ing c***s.

To those that weren't born in Newcastle and have no family ties to the club. Why on earth do you put yourselves through this s***? :lol:

:lol: I...don't know. I feel like I have to.

Seriously mate, you should've stuck with Liverpool. :lol:

Marveaux?

If he can stay fit then yeah.

To be honest I think if we're gonna play a 4-3-3 it might be more about getting the right player in to fit alongside them two. Sissoko and Anita have a lot going for them. We do need a goalscoring threat from the middle, someone with a bit of power alongside Sissoko maybe which would allow us to get away with playing Anita who struggles on the physical side. You also have Marveaux who can play instead of Anita who offers a totally different option. I don't think we should be looking for another player the size of Cabaye though.

If he's gone, then he's a little f***ing c***. If he's gone, the powers that be have reaffirmed their status as c***s. They're all f***ing c***s.

To those that weren't born in Newcastle and have no family ties to the club. Why on earth do you put yourselves through this s***? :lol:

In all honesty if he had stuck with Liverpool he'd be an unbearable tosser as opposed to the easy going Mike we've grown to love.

Liverpool Mike would have been bad.

In all honesty if he had stuck with Liverpool he'd be an unbearable tosser as opposed to the easy loving Mike we've grown to love.

Liverpool Mike would have been bad.

Liverpool Mike won a trophy on his first day. There's no way he would have been tolerable. Singing that god damn song.