Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Phil K

I don't :lol:

Must be some sort of Britishism

"Pull off" ?  :laugh2:

I'm sure where Pierre is concerned it depends on whose doing it !  :mike:

£25m is a class fee for someone who hasn’t consistently played well. Not that I’m blaming him, it’s obviously Pardew and his tactics.

No, it's just far easier and more optimistic to blame tactics.

Nah. It's just more correct, really.

Like it's Pardew's fault his corners are dreadful and he won't make the runs required to support the attack?

Yeah?

Guest reefatoon

If he went to Man Utd/City he'd be brilliant. Fact is the players around him aren't good enough.

Hate hearing these crap excuses, it has nothing to do with the players around him. He would stand out a whole lot more if that was the case, instead of blending in and not standing out ahead of anyone else. 

Guest reefatoon

He's quality, but he had a poor season. Part of that is down to him, part is down to manager/coaches and part is just the general disfunction of the team.

Exactly right, just an easy excuse to go blame everyone else for his failings last season. He was just as shite as the rest of them. Maybe that's why Tiote was so shit last season too.

If he went to Man Utd/City he'd be brilliant. Fact is the players around him aren't good enough.

Hate hearing these crap excuses, it has nothing to do with the players around him. He would stand out a whole lot more if that was the case, instead of blending in and not standing out ahead of anyone else.

I think it's a fact, but mainly in the sense that it's a lot easier to play well when surrounded with better players, and in a team that is usually dominating games - put Cabaye in Man Utd's midfield with all the movement around him and time to pick his passes and of course he would look better.

Guest reefatoon

Reefa thats a very immature post. Of course players look worse in poor teams and with poor managers.

However Cabaye is massively overrated IMO.

I wasn't trying to come across immature, but we can't blame all of Cabaye's failings on everything and anything exept himself.  I agree that he is massively overrated and I just don't get how him playing poorly is someone else's fault.

Guest bimpy474

Reefa thats a very immature post. Of course players look worse in poor teams and with poor managers.

However Cabaye is massively overrated IMO.

I wasn't trying to come across immature, but we can't blame all of Cabaye's failings on everything and anything exept himself.  I agree that he is massively overrated and I just don't get how him playing poorly is someone else's fault.

A manager misusing him and getting the team to play in a fashion that doesn't suit Cabaye or most of the team tbh, doesn't help like. Cabaye isn't blameless that's for sure.

"All of his failings"?

He had a fairly sub-standard season like (and was injured for a lot of it) but he wasn't as shit as people want to make it seem. And all of the evidence points to the underlining reason for this being poor management, considering it was the same for practically every player on our books.

The "player is to blame" just seems like the typical N-O craic of trying to restore some kind of balance.

Guest neesy111

Aye, i blame 75% Pardew, 20% players, 5% Spies.

I thought the state of pitches would had got a look in.

Guest reefatoon

"All of his failings"?

He had a fairly sub-standard season like (and was injured for a lot of it) but he wasn't as s*** as people want to make it seem. And all of the evidence points to the underlining reason for this being poor management, considering it was the same for practically every player on our books.

The "player is to blame" just seems like the typical N-O craic of trying to restore some kind of balance.

I didn't mean "all his failings" as some big exhaustive list, I just didn't agree with him playing poorly as the fault of the people around him.  To me, sitting just infront of the back four and petulantly kicking anyone that was near him, was not what I wanted to see from him.  I couldn't have blamed the players around him for him doing that.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, i blame 75% Pardew, 20% players, 5% Spies.

I thought the state of pitches would had got a look in.

Oh yeah, i might have to shave a bit of the spies, damn and the Notting Hill Carnival. Hmmm.....rethink.

Blaming the manager is easy. 

That line :lol: When practically our whole team have been poor - of course it is. It's easy because is makes perfect sense. Mainly blaming each and every player on the other hand, is just daft.

Blaming the manager is easy. 

Well it is when he's a poor manager. Anyway we could debate the reasons for our team being utterly shite for hours but sarcastic - and fucking hilarious - comments like "None of it's the players fault. That would be impossible" are fucking pointless man, nobody believes Cabaye is world class but he's a very good player who we are failing to use correctly and who's form is suffering because of it. I don't really see what is actually meant to be "his fault"? His fault that he doesn't have the ability to become a player that he isn't?