Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Veratti will be a better player than YoCabs imo

Would have to agree from what I've seen, excellent player. Maybe not quite the vision/technique but better engine.

Definitely. Though PSG might want to buy Cabaye regardless, unfortunately

Probably trying to build their squad a bit, last season it seemed a bit first XI and then a drop off.

Guest icemanblue

Pretty different situation, to be honest. Their clubs both want rid, we, presumably, don't.

Anyway, it's basically a 'put up or shut up' response.

Pretty different situation, to be honest. Their clubs both want rid, we, presumably, don't.

Anyway, it's basically a 'put up or shut up' response.

this, hard to unsettle players when they're already being shown the door

Still far from certain PSG are even interested in Cabaye TBH. They have a recent record of linking themselves to French players then buying from abroad. The Blanc quotes were extremely minor.

Fingers crossed we have Cabaye ready to go for this season, I still think he can achieve proper consistency for us.

Still far from certain PSG are even interested in Cabaye TBH. They have a recent record of linking themselves to French players then buying from abroad. The Blanc quotes were extremely minor.

Fingers crossed we have Cabaye ready to go for this season, I still think he can achieve proper consistency for us.

Wouldn't that be exactly what they do if they signed Cabaye from us?

This is the most hopeful part of that piece, albeit probably bullshit.

It is an unfortunate development given his importance to Newcastle and boss Pardew, who knows that the team’s priority over pre-season is to strike on a system that allows them to dominate possession and set the tempo of matches on their own terms.

The Journal understands that one of the issues raised during the end-of-season meetings between Mike Ashley, Pardew and former managing director Derek Llambias was that United seemed to set up to combat the opposition’s tactics rather than setting out to play their own game.

The Journal understands that one of the issues raised during the end-of-season meetings between Mike Ashley, Pardew and former managing director Derek Llambias was that United seemed to set up to combat the opposition’s tactics rather than setting out to play their own game.

:lol:

It's as if they read forums and write what people want to hear....

Also, as if Pardew could change that even if he wanted to, it's not his way and we all read (just yesterday) about how "anybody who knows me knows that I won’t be swayed in any way when it comes to what I think is right, unless there's clarity to it"

:lol:

It's as if they read forums and write what people want to hear....

Also, as if Pardew could change that even if he wanted to, it's not his way and we all read (just yesterday) about how "anybody who knows me knows that I won’t be swayed in any way when it comes to what I think is right, unless there's clarity to it"

Thats come from Pardew saying he set up against City and worried more about them than us. Its as if they've just took that and turned it into a story.