Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Jeez, calm down. It was an obvious joke. It was a bad post by alpal78 though, Barton created more goalscoring chances and more assists from set pieces this season than any other premier league player. I understand what hawk is going on about  O0

Barton may have a got a few assists from set pieces (how many by the way?) but would you consider him as a consistent set piece taker (in both creating goals and having a direct shot) say the way Robert used to? I would even say that quite a few of Barton's assists must have been with Carroll and that does not necessarily reflect the quality of the set piece, if you can get the ball into the six yard box, there's more than 50% chance that Carroll will bludgeon it in.

Barton assisted 5 goals this season and created 41 goalscoring chances.

Again your post is flawed, it is irrelevant if they were to Carroll.

Why thank you for pointing out my flaw  :lol:

Of course it is relevant you numpty.

a) because Carroll had physical attributes which made him especially good with headers so even a normal set piece can look good

b) we don't have Carroll anymore so Barton will need to do more with his set pieces. Can he do it, based on his performaces during the latter part of the season, I don't think so.

I don't know whether 5 asissts from setpieces is the highest for any player in the Premiership (I doubt it), but the standards I was referring to and would want us to have are much higher than that

Guest Roger Kint

What's the 1st of July got to do with anything?

I assumed it was when the transfer window opened, obviously not you patronising c*** :thup:

Harsh :lol:

Pathetic really.

Guest neesy111

I assumed it was when the transfer window opened, obviously not you patronising cunt :thup:

Goodbye.

I assumed it was when the transfer window opened, obviously not you patronising cunt :thup:

Goodbye.

:lol: shame... what go's around and all that

:D

Guest neesy111

Goodbye.

:lol: shame... what go's around and all that

:D

:lol:

I didn't realise you can't call someone a c**t on here, so for that I appologise.  What I should have said is patronising clown

:lol:

aye daft rule really when its obvious there ate that that are indeed cunts

I didn't realise you can't call someone a c**t on here, so for that I appologise.  What I should have said is patronising clown

Its a bad word!

The cunt police will be all ove this like fish on a coral reef.