Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest NufcBano

He seems very money driven. It looked like Pardew was overly desperate to keep him happy rather than focus 100& on the team in the run in. Wud explain why Pards went back to the dog awful 4-4-2 hoofball horsesh*t. Plus why he played Demba up front and 13 goal man Cisse on the left v Everton 2nd half.  :hmm:

Im convinced he had strong feelings against playing LW, if he blatantly refused, then he can do a Dyer/Bellamy for me.

Bullshit, man.

Which part...?

He seems very money driven. It looked like Pardew was overly desperate to keep him happy rather than focus 100& on the team in the run in. Wud explain why Pards went back to the dog awful 4-4-2 hoofball horsesh*t. Plus why he played Demba up front and 13 goal man Cisse on the left v Everton 2nd half.  :hmm:

Im convinced he had strong feelings against playing LW, if he blatantly refused, then he can do a Dyer/Bellamy for me.

Bullshit, man.

Actually i would'nt be suprised if he is as alot of people in Germany consider him a mercenary......

Guest NufcBano

Bullshit, man.

Actually i would'nt be suprised if he is as alot of people in Germany consider him a mercenary......

Didnt Hoffenheim get f*ck all from his 'transfer' to West Ham then to us in the end?

The fact he had that clause in his West Ham deal and then this one in ours, doesn't look good at all. I know he has a 'dodgy' knee & needs to protect himself in case it blows up but it seems all about ££ with this lad.

Shame.

Bullshit, man.

Which part...?

Well Pards just said in last weeks interview that it wasn't about the money with Ba, it was all about the love.  :dontknow:

Guest NufcBano

Seeing as Demba has this clause in his contract he cant lose can he. I cant see him giving the impression to Pardew he's only into the money. Why have the clause in the first place if he isn't money orientated?

Pardew has been showing too much of the love to him near the end of the season. He was playing like a donkey. He shud have been dropped.

....plus I thought Pardew loves Shola more than anyone....play him then. Or at least Ferguson.

Quite funny seeing people demanding loyalty from Ba then in the same breath saying he's been shit, should have been dropped and can fuck off.

Football supporters demand loyalty  from players all the time but it's rare they're prepared to give it back to them.

Guest NufcBano

Quite funny seeing people demanding loyalty from Ba then in the same breath saying he's been s***, should have been dropped and can f*** off.

Football supporters demand loyalty  from players all the time but it's rare they're prepared to give it back to them.

All I want from players is to do the job thats asked. If the manager wants you to play in goal, then do it.

Thats all.

Too much to ask...?

I think I'll wait until he leaves,  if he does, before I even begin to start calling him a twat or anything else.  Personally I think we've become a better team since he arrived and I thank him for that regardless of what happens

Agree with the bolded part, just as a disclaimer.

But what's wrong with being hypothetical?

Guest NufcBano

Maybe that's why he played on the left  during our best run of form in fifteen years?

For how long? 2? 3 games before he made it clear he wasnt prepared to do it anymore.

Or at least didnt like it one bit.

We were flying playing 4-3-3. It worked a treat....for about 5 mins unfortunately.

Maybe that's why he played on the left  during our best run of form in fifteen years?

For how long? 2? 3 games before he made it clear he wasnt prepared to do it anymore.

We were flying playing 4-3-3. It worked a treat....for about 5 mins unfortunately.

Sorry, when was this exactly? :lol:

Try and stick to facts rather than baseless speculation - "he made it clear he wasn't prepared to do it anymore" ffs. :rolleyes:

Guest NufcBano

Sorry, when was this exactly? :lol:

Try and stick to facts rather than baseless speculation - "he made it clear he wasn't prepared to do it anymore" ffs. :rolleyes:

If it wasnt based on his attitude on the pitch, his reluctance to stay there and constant switching with Cisse, the fact he refused to shake Pardews hand when subbed, the fact he sat on the bench sulking when the team had just scored......or maybe for the reason Pardew mysteriously ditched the 4-3-3 and went for 4-4-2 numerous occasions after the WBA game.

I hope I am wrong. I hope Pardew thought 4-4-2 is a better system and had nothing to do with Demba. But considering it isnt as is mainly hoofball bollox, I have made some assumptions. I stand by them.

Basically either Pardew is insane in ditching the 4-3-3 for no reason.

or

It was because he wanted to try and keep Demba sweet

...i'll go for option 2. Feel free to differ.

Guest NufcBano

going to Europe with just 1 canny striker left that's suicide.. ba go? a big NO NO

For the record,  I dont want him to leave. We need that player who scored 15 in 15.

going to Europe with just 1 canny striker left that's suicide.. ba go? a big NO NO

For the record,  I dont want him to leave. We need that player who scored 15 in 15.

Another one with a very strange way of showing their appreciation.

Another one with a very strange way of showing their appreciation.

what i've been saying is what i think will happen, not what i want to happen or ought to happen. perhaps if a player plays well i should lie to myself ?

I hope I am wrong. I hope Pardew thought 4-4-2 is a better system and had nothing to do with Demba. But considering it isnt as is mainly hoofball bollox, I have made some assumptions. I stand by them.

Basically either Pardew is insane in ditching the 4-3-3 for no reason.

or

It was because he wanted to try and keep Demba sweet

Pardew goes 4-4-2 because its harder to score against. He did it against Man Utd & Chelsea sucessfully, so its no suprise he tried the same against City & Everton. He relies on nullifying their attacks and using our quality down the other end, he has to do that due to the quality of our defence in comparison to that of the best sides. Its worked very well for us, doubt it has much to do with Demba.

Harder to score against. Didn't we concede 1 in 6 playing 4-3-3?

We did yeah, and that was a stupid mix up. I think 433 is probably better defensively because its so versatile, the fact the wingers can drop back to bolster the midfield is surely better defensively?

Exactly its quite frankly rubbish that 4-4-2 is harder to score against if anything its more open than 4-3-3......

We also pass the ball alot better in 4-3-3 and as the old saying goes " if you dont have the ball you cant score"

I fail to see how 4-4-2 is more solid defensively..... the 4-3-3 goes into a more compact 4-5-1 without the ball aswell.

It's more flexible, fluid when going forward and compact when defending.... i fail to see a downside.

Exactly its quite frankly rubbish that 4-4-2 is harder to score against if anything its more open than 4-3-3......

We also pass the ball alot better in 4-3-3 and as the old saying goes " if you dont have the ball you cant score"

I fail to see how 4-4-2 is more solid defensively..... the 4-3-3 goes into a more compact 4-5-1 without the ball aswell.

It's more flexible, fluid when going forward and compact when defending.... i fail to see a downside.

it's more the personnel and their compatability to the system than the system itself. for all i've been saying all season about not playing two upfront, it's been more so down to what i believe would get the best out of the personnel we have rather than believing one system is generally better than another. given other players i may well think 4-4-2 may be better for us.