Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Remember there was a story not long after he left when we were doing shit  and we were playing a game in London that he visited the team and tried to rally them.

Agree best striker since Shearer, and likeable guy. Big impact in just a year and a half.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

13 hours ago, joeyt said:

What was your favourite Ba goal?

Loved his one vs Reading away. Seems to be often forgotten about 

Tough one.  I remember him scoring a nice brace away at Norwich and also a slick finish at home, where I think HBA played him through. 

The ones that stick out in my mind is his brace against WBA, when we lost 3-2.  Shitty 500 mile round trip on a Wednesday, mind. 

Need a montage of all his goals at NUFC.  Have definitely forgotten some lovely finishes.  I'm sure he scored a lovely curler against Spurs at home. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rich said:

He was more than that, like.

He definitely was. You could lay that title on Cisse maybe, but Demba ran the channels, was a useful target man, and was pretty lethal outside the box. I can remember some pretty decent 25yd free kicks. He was one of the most exciting strikers we've had since the SBR days. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

He definitely was. You could lay that title on Cisse maybe, but Demba ran the channels, was a useful target man, and was pretty lethal outside the box. I can remember some pretty decent 25yd free kicks. He was one of the most exciting strikers we've had since the SBR days. 

I agree he had much more to his game but that season we finished 5th, a lot of the goals were him grabbing one from nothing and catching opponents half asleep. He was a great all round forward but what he truly excelled at was turning up with a finish out of fuck all.