Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

David Goodwillie at Dundee United, perhaps?

Has had several assault charges and currently on trial for rape, doesn't seem ideal.

Not like we've got a track record of signing notorious bad boys here though, is it?

Douglas was referring to the striker list last week too when Gameiro was on it.

I'm guessing the reason he won't confirm or deny anyone when asked is because he hasn't got a clue who the other 4 on it are.

Berbatov.

He's the only player that I can think of that would cost £6-£8m, is rumoured to be available, is attracting a lot of interest and would be classed as a "mega deal".

Didn't douglas say he was around the same age as Gameiro? (ie 25ish)

Berbatov.

He's the only player that I can think of that would cost £6-£8m, is rumoured to be available, is attracting a lot of interest and would be classed as a "mega deal".

Didn't douglas say he was around the same age as Gameiro? (ie 25ish)

No idea. I've been away all weekend (Ironically in Newcastle visiting family, as Newcastle now counts as being away since being exiled to Bournemouth for 2 years!) and have not read any papers or the internet, so just picking up scraps in the last hour or so since I've gotten in.

All I've picked up so far is something about a £6-8m mega deal.

Surely Berbatov would be worth more than £6-8m? That's a ridiculously cheap price, despite his age. Would absolutely love him here but for some reason still feel another, more powerful direct striker would be needed.

Berbatov and Ba would be a huge improvement on our squad, however. We'd be doing very very well to get those two.

Tbh I'm not sure how Man U could ask for more than £8m for a 30 year old striker. Strikers don't normally play well for much past 32-33 at the latest (Or 26 if you're Michael Owen).

Well, of course they could ask for more than £8m, but I'm not sure how many clubs would pay it. I'll put it this way, for £8m I'd think we'd gotten a decent deal. If we payed £12m for him I'd be thinking it was too much.

Plus this is surely just a first bid? No point going in high, go in quite low and see what the response is.

I think it will be Erding, I can't remember there being talk about us watching him and him saying he was flattered by the interest a while back.

Similar age and goals to games ratio in the league to Gameiro.

Guest taps01

I think it will be Erding, I can't remember there being talk about us watching him and him saying he was flattered by the interest a while back.

I think it will be him too. Anyone seen him play?

Who he? ???

Guest WashyGeordie

Who he? ???

Mevlüt Erdinç (born 25 February 1987) is a Turkish footballer. He currently plays for Paris Saint-Germain as a striker. He signed in the 2009 summer transfer window from FC Sochaux,[2] and is a Turkish and a French citizen. His surname is commonly spelt Erding by the French media. In January 2010 he received a medal of honour from his town of birth, Saint-Claude.[3]

Guest WisconsinMagpie

He's reportedly about the same age as Gameiro with a similar scoring record. From a big club in a top Europe league that's a favorite hunting ground for NUFC. Almost has to be Erding.