Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just my two cents on Erding. He's a grafter, battles his arse off whenever I've seen him. He's quick, links up play well and isn't bad in the air either. Lost his confidence in front of goal big time second half of last season though.

Gala have been sniffing round him for a while too.

Spot on. The thought of him and Ba as our strikeforce is worrying (for us) though.

Just my two cents on Erding. He's a grafter, battles his arse off whenever I've seen him. He's quick, links up play well and isn't bad in the air either. Lost his confidence in front of goal big time second half of last season though.

Spot on. The thought of him and Ba as our strikeforce is worrying (for us) though.

Why? Is it not a massive improvement on what we had year? Especially with HBA being back too?

Why? Is it not a massive improvement on what we had year? Especially with HBA being back too?

I rarely watch PSG matches, but from what I've seen of him - he (Erdinc) just seems to be a run of the mill, average striker. I just don't see what his oustanding attribute(s) are meant to be. Scores a few goals from crosses and works like Tevez used to, but hope he doesn't end up as a lone-striker for us, not sure he'll score enough goals...

I rarely watch PSG matches, but from what I've seen of him - he (Erdinc) just seems to be a run of the mill, average striker. I just don't see what his oustanding attribute(s) are meant to be. Scores a few goals from crosses and works like Tevez used to, but hope he doesn't end up as a lone-striker for us, not sure he'll score enough goals...

He looks fairly quick and direct from the YT video. I know you can't gauge much off that but from the way he took some of the goals I wouldn't be too disappointed if we got him.

Your assessment is pretty much what I and everyone I speak to that watches Ligue 1 thinks.

Great player.

:dowie:

Great was an overstatement. He's a good player, just don't see anything special in him.

If we are going to play a lone striker, Erdinc is not the man for the job. Simple as that. If we were to bring in someone like El-Arabi to play alongside him - then he'd be effective for us. He's a second striker. The worker, for a finisher ...

No doubt it is Mevlut Erding we're chasing.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@

@TomBarclay_NOTW They're going in with a low bid but will do I reckon. Developments at his club over wkend may have helped...