Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sick to the very back tits of this saga now. Obviously the lads good but is he really worth persuing over other targets?

We probably aren't doing that, we'll just be running our deals simultaneously I imagine.

I assume (hope) we have back up plans but I doubt we will be going too far down the negotations route with other players until we know what is happening with this.

That tweet confirms nowt to be honest. Still think he'll be here in the next couple of weeks. There's too many positive noises coming out from our side IMO.

Wouldn't read to much into all that. Pardew is in a constant state of "waiting hopefully".

The positive noises were just about a striker coming in. It doesn't necessarily mean it's Erdinc. More than likely Shane Long IMO.

That tweet confirms nowt to be honest. Still think he'll be here in the next couple of weeks. There's too many positive noises coming out from our side IMO.

Wouldn't read to much into all that. Pardew is in a constant state of "waiting hopefully".

The positive noises were just about a striker coming in. It doesn't necessarily mean it's Erdinc. More than likely Shane Long IMO.

Although...

MsiDouglas We'll see. Source at PSG... But NUFC sources v.confident over last week

I hope it is Erdinc tbh. I like the look of Long but Erdinc just looks more powerful.

Long would do nicely tbf

We'd best be planing on creating him a f*** load of chances then

No we'd be intending on creating as few as possible for him I'm sure

Har Har Har. Some people are just too funny... Fine, it takes Shane Long far to many chances to put the ball in the net... :p

Long would do nicely tbf

Har Har Har. Some people are just too funny... Fine, it takes Shane Long far to many chances to put the ball in the net... :p

He's not a good finisher then? I take it you've seen a fair bit of him?

Long would do nicely tbf

Stats, i needs stats!!

Long would do nicely tbf

Watched a fair bit of Championship stuff aye. He might not be as bad as he looks, be he seems to need a lot of clear cut chances to stick one away, imo anyway

Long would do nicely tbf

Watched a fair bit of Championship stuff aye. He might not be as bad as he looks, be he seems to need a lot of clear cut chances to stick one away, imo anyway

It would explain why his YT videos don't have a lot of goals featured.

Long would do nicely tbf

And why he has 44 goals in 173 league games for Reading

Oh i found some Shane Long stats btw:

Shots on  Shots off

Shane Long 50         44    

23 goals from 94 shots. Not bad?

for last season.

Not too bad I guess, at least he had more shots on target than off :pow:

Oh i found some Shane Long stats btw:

Shots on  Shots off

Shane Long 50         44    

23 goals from 94 shots. Not bad?

for last season.

Maybe he just looks worse than he is then. I do have the memory of his rotten play off final performance in mind atm like

Long would do nicely tbf

And why he has 44 goals in 173 league games for Reading

But to be fair 25 of those goals were last season from only 50 games, so obviously the lads improved.  As there's no way Reading created enough clear cut chances for him to waste loads and still score 1 in 2.

I actually really like the look of him, but I've only been taking the slightest bit notice since we've been linked with him so I've only seen compilations and highlights from a few games.

He's about 25 isn't he? Not sure why some have deemed him a fair bit better than Best when they are at similar ages but Best has got a similar goal to game ratio at a higher level.

He's about 25 isn't he? Not sure why some have deemed him a fair bit better than Best when they are at similar ages but Best has got a similar goal to game ratio at a higher level.

I don't think its all about one being a much better goal score than the other.  Rather that Long is more the kind of player we need to compliment Ba.

Also its hard to compare goal ratios when one is over 50 games and the other is over 12.