Craig Gardner

STM

Guest Mantis

No point in signing him whatsoever. We need about 3 strikers, another centre back, a right back, a couple of left backs and a right midfielder before going for another CM.

Nail on head.  But did you expect them to do the right thing?

not worthy of a thread tbh

Don't see where he'd fit in with us already having Cabaye Tiote Nolan Guthrie and Barton

You mean you don't see where he'd fit into a central midfield of Just signed/African Nations Cup/Too slow/Not good enough and probably off? :razz:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Very good player IMHO

Him being suspended in the last few games was one of the main reasons they went down

Guest Wearside

Newcastle and Sunderland in going for same player shocker!!

It was always likely to happen this summer that we would be going head to head on the same players but I think the media just link us with the same players just for the sake of it,can't see Newcastle going for another centre midfielder myself unless they see Gardner as a right sided player and thus a cheaper option than N'Zogbia.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Very good player IMHO

Him being suspended in the last few games was one of the main reasons he was suspended imo

I bet it was.

Got sidetracked

Modified :)

If we can sell Nolan for around £4m and bring in Gardner for £5m it was be a fantastic move by the club.

Gardner is a cracking player, totally under rated.

No and no. Worthy also of a third one. No.

Said here all last season I'd take him for backup for Nolan. Whether he'd be happy with that like I dunno but competition for places is always a good thing. Can play wide, either flank, to less effect too.

If we can sell Nolan for around £4m and bring in Gardner for £5m it was be a fantastic move by the club.

About all you have to say on anything, great contribution. Were you in 2unlimited?

Sky Sports sources understand that Sunderland have made an enquiry for Birmingham City's Craig Gardner while Newcastle are also interested.

Black Cats boss Steve Bruce is keen to bolster his options in the middle of the park following Jordan Henderson's big-money exit to Liverpool.

Sunderland are believed to be weighing up a £5million offer for the talented schemer, although Blueswill be holding out for the best possible price for the 24-year-old.

Gardner was the club's leading scorer last season with 10 goals in all competitions, but he is expected to move on this summer as Birmingham look to offset the cost of relegation.

Sunderland face competition from North East rivals Newcastle for Gardner's signature as Alan Pardew's troops are also hoping to raid St Andrews.

It has been a turbulent start to the week for Birmingham with manager Alex McLeish tendering his resignation over the weekend with rivals Aston Villa mooted as possible suitors.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6989363,00.html?

About all you have to say on anything, great contribution. Were you in 2unlimited?

When I'm totally against something, of course. It will never be a "fantastic move" to replace our current captain with all his goals, authority, spirit and love for the club, with Gardner. An absolute rubbish view. That's the first no.

Second no - Gardner is not a cracking player like. He is decent/good, but not cracking.

Third no - Most rate him as they should - a decent/good player. That's it.

When I'm totally against something, of course. It will never be a "fantastic move" to replace our current captain with all his goals authority, spirit and love for the club, with Gardner. An absolute rubbish view. That's the first no.

Second no - Gardner is not a cracking player like. He is decent/good, but not cracking.

You don't actually believe that crap do you ??? seriously !!

When I'm totally against something, of course. It will never be a "fantastic move" to replace our current captain with all his goals authority, spirit and love for the club, with Gardner. An absolute rubbish view. That's the first no.

You don't actually believe that crap do you ??? seriously !!

I think he likes it at Newcastle and genuinely have passion for the club, yes.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Very good player IMHO

Him being suspended in the last few games was one of the main reasons they went down

Yes but it was the 3 winnable games preceding the spurs game which made the difference

Great goal as well v spurs

He will stay with them and try and get them straight back up. Boyhood supporter

Didn't he score on the last day?

Yes please.

Goalscoring midfielder who is younger, fitter &more mobile than nolan.

If nolan has an unhappy contract situation he isnt going to bring his full leadership to the table anyway, plus if we are successful in bringing in a couple more targets I cant see nolan starting anyway as his movement(lack of) is such a liability in centre mid & we will hopefully have barfa, zod or a.n. Other playing off a striker

Guest WashyGeordie

Newcastle and Sunderland in going for same player shocker!!

It was always likely to happen this summer that we would be going head to head on the same players but I think the media just link us with the same players just for the sake of it,can't see Newcastle going for another centre midfielder myself unless they see Gardner as a right sided player and thus a cheaper option than N'Zogbia.

Aye, they'll probablies get him and be like 'OMG we beat 'em geordies again, top dogs lolz'

But it could be a smokescreen and we could pull another good/better player out the bag though..