Craig Gardner

STM

Guest johnson293

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

NO #NUFC interest in Gardner, I hear. Scratch him off the list

1 minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

From Todays Chronicle....

AJAX star Miralem Sulejmani has emerged as the latest target to come under Newcastle's radar - while United are set to challenge Sunderland for Craig Gardner.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/15/nufc-targeting-ajax-star-miralem-sulejmani-72703-28881823/#ixzz1PLhJweqB

:rolleyes:

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

NO #NUFC interest in Gardner, I hear. Scratch him off the list

1 minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

From Todays Chronicle....

AJAX star Miralem Sulejmani has emerged as the latest target to come under Newcastle's radar - while United are set to challenge Sunderland for Craig Gardner.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/15/nufc-targeting-ajax-star-miralem-sulejmani-72703-28881823/#ixzz1PLhJweqB

:rolleyes:

It wasn't the usual chronicle writer today, don't know if that makes a difference?

Guest johnson293

Weird. It's almost like they're two completely different journalists, working for two different newspapers...

Aye, different journalist, but this is Mark Douglas' Twitter Biog: Chief Sports Writer (Sunday Sun) & sports journalist with the Journal & Evening Chronicle

Suppose its too much for two different Journo's writing for the same newspaper to consult each other though, eh??  :rolleyes:

Also, yesterdays Gervinho story in the Chronicle was by Mark Douglas.  :snod:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Perhaps this has some mileage...

Was thinking exactly the same!

Good swap if you ask me

Craig Gardner, while at Villa:

I signed for Villa when I was 15 and since then these have been the best days of my life. Im a Villa fan.

Ive come through the ranks and nothing can be better. I used to be on the Holte End. I was there when we beat Tranmere in the League Cup semi-final.

"I was at the game when Mark Bosnich saved the penalty and we all ran on to the pitch so its come from that. When I was watching Villa as a kid there were people like Garry Parker, Dalian Atkinson and Paul McGrath.

"They were all brilliant. I used to sing their names and now I look at the crowd and theyre chanting my name so its great.

Craig Gardner upon signing for Birmingham:

Having played for the Villa everyone thinks Im a Villa fan but Im a Bluenose. I have been all my life. I was a mascot at John Frains testimonial.

But I dont have to prove anything to anyone. People who know me, my close friends and family, they all know Im a Blues fan. As they say: once a blue, always a blue.

:laugh:

Wait until he joins Wolves or West Brom.

"Delighted to sign. I come from a long line of Wolves fans, I actually have a baseball cap signed by Steve Bull. Look, see that? S Bull. Yeah I'm definitely a Wolves fan. Have been all my life"

Birmingham midfielder Craig Gardner has revealed he is uncertain where his future lies following the club’s relegation.

The Blues have endured a turbulent month since their fall into the Championship, with manager Alex McLeish resigning from his position and causing further commotion among the supporters for reportedly showing interested in taking the vacant managerial post at city rivals Aston Villa.

This turmoil has lead to uncertainty among the playing staff, despite several key players previously stating an interest in staying with the club, and it is now being reported that some may seek transfers away from the club depending on the calibre of manager picked to succeed McLeish.

After being quizzed on his intentions for next season, Gardner, 24, seemed unsure about his future.

"I don't know. It's a difficult one. I'm unsure exactly what is happening behind the scenes and what the board are thinking. Where are we going, what are we planning to do? I don't know."

Continuing to explain his situation, Gardner played devil’s advocate and explained that he will be looking after his own interests.

"At the end of the day, like every player, you have to think of your career. Everything is up in the air at the moment."

Gardner has experience switching allegiances across Birmingham after his £3 million transfer to St. Andrews from cross city rivals Aston Villa, and doesn’t bear a grudge towards McLeish for his interest in taking over at Villa Park.

"For me, Alex McLeish was great. He showed a lot of faith in me, signing me from Villa, and my career moved forward from there. It's a sad loss for Birmingham and it's not a good start to the summer.

"The club needs to bring in a manager with the kind of credentials and experience Alex McLeish has. Someone like that would fit the bill."

Gardner became a linchpin in the Birmingham team last season after his summer move from Aston Villa and finished their top scorer with 10 goals.  He has recently been linked with a move to either Newcastle United or Sunderland.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/81510/default.aspx?