London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

What are you on about? You cant have seen many games in your life...

You can't be serious man. They never call that s***.

Not saying they shouldn't, just that they don't.

This tbf. They usually just stop play and book the goalie then move on. Don't remember the last time I saw an indirect freekick in the area given for it, if ever. Picking up a pass back yes, but never time wasting. Officials had a complete nightmare though. The penalty was harsh, certainly less blatant than the one at the other end 5 minutes earlier. Non fouls were given as fouls, blatant fouls were ignored and even balls in touch were waved to play on.

Regardless of the result this level of incompetence in officiating makes a farce of a good game. I'd hope after re-watching the game the officials send out an apology.

Aye, sorry never realized they had given a pelanty since I didnt watch the match. But that is fucking ridiculous. I guess most americans are all like ''Well its part of the rules..'' Fuck off. Had that happened to you, then you guys wouldve been pissed off.

Uh, yeah. Insert any nationality there. It still would've been part of the rules.

I've never seen a keeper called for holding the ball too long in all my years of watching football. Hilarious. You hardly ever see a keeper actually distribute the ball within the time limit. Like, one out of ten times do they follow that rule.

Happened in one of our matches back when Shearer was playing. He complained to the ref about the 'keeper (my memory's failing at this hour as to who it was) holding onto the ball for more than the allocated amount of time, and we were awarded an indirect free kick which we scored from iirc.

I remember this one..it was against Bolton..shearer complained that  their keeper was holding onto the ball too long..the ref agreed and gave us a free kick and he scored..

The one  he scored because of the back pass was against west brom i think

Damn.

Can't believe Mexico are likely to be in the final. Saw them first game against your lot and thought they were shite.

To be fair, they've got steadily better since then. Beating Japan at their own game today.

I agree though, that side of the bracket is a complete joke.

Damn.

Can't believe Mexico are likely to be in the final. Saw them first game against your lot and thought they were s****.

To be fair, they've got steadily better since then. Beating Japan at their own game today.

Tbf all both brackets are a complete joke. Shouldve just given us the trophy from the beginning :yao:

Damn.

Can't believe Mexico are likely to be in the final. Saw them first game against your lot and thought they were s****.

Tbf all both brackets are a complete joke. Shouldve just given us the trophy from the beginning :yao:

I wish I had some sort of snappy comeback but you and I both know that there's no way in hell we're walking away with the win here :lol: