The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Keep meaning to make a Gen Chat betting thread but think it'll just get lost in the mix quickly.

Got a -21 spread on the NBA matches tonight at 1.83. Since down to -19, bastards. :dave:

Lazio and Napoli singles for tomorrow afternoon to wake up to, too.

Replying to this post with a gif is the stuff of retards.

Keep meaning to make a Gen Chat betting thread but think it'll just get lost in the mix quickly.

Don't bother, that's what this thread is for :lol: you can ignore MW so long as you stop flooding it with pointless gifs :shifty:

Keep your American shit out of here

:nope:

Looking back at last night, I might have to apologise for some things I've said, but shouldn't have said (especially comment re: Ash's bet).

Sometimes - especially when Barcelona are playing - emotions get ahead of myself and I tend to do and say some stupid things. Sorry for that and good luck to all people for tonight.

How do you guys do online betting? UK based Credit cards?

I'm overseas and the stupid banks in Manila won't allow me to use my credit card for betting, some shit about not encouraging gambling. Told them its my fucking money and I'll do what I want with them. Still does not solve my issue though.

Any solutions? Thanks

I'm overseas and the stupid banks in Manila won't allow me to use my credit card for betting, some s*** about not encouraging gambling. Told them its my f***ing money and I'll do what I want with them. Still does not solve my issue though.

Any solutions? Thanks

Skybet allows me to deposit using paypal so surely they couldnt stop you from paying into your paypal then depositing from there?

I'm overseas and the stupid banks in Manila won't allow me to use my credit card for betting, some shit about not encouraging gambling. Told them its my fucking money and I'll do what I want with them. Still does not solve my issue though.

Any solutions? Thanks

You'll find that a gambling based transaction (has a specific code) won't be accepted by most credit card providers - if they allow it to go through, it'll be as a cash advance which incurs ridiculous charges and interest from the moment you make the deposit.

To fund an account, you're best off using a debit card (card that links straight to your bank account) or paypal (I'm sure there's other methods available - moneygram, etc) - then it's a straightforward option to withdraw your winnings :pow:

Looking back at last night, I might have to apologise for some things I've said, but shouldn't have said (especially comment re: Ash's bet).

Sometimes - especially when Barcelona are playing - emotions get ahead of myself and I tend to do and say some stupid things. Sorry for that and good luck to all people for tonight.

Nah, you've committed your heel turn. Can't turn back so soon.

:lol:

Absolutely hammered the spread last night. :aww: Beginners' luck, pretty much 4 out of 5 home teams were bankers last night.

Udinese/Inter Palermo/Parma are screaming at me but can't pick one way or the other. :undecided: Any more knowledgeable Calcio fans able to put their 2 cents in? :aww:

:lol:

Absolutely hammered the spread last night. :aww: Beginners' luck, pretty much 4 out of 5 home teams were bankers last night.

Udinese/Inter Palermo/Parma are screaming at me but can't pick one way or the other. :undecided: Any more knowledgeable Calcio fans able to put their 2 cents in? :aww:

I put a draw for the Udinese - Inter match and Palermo to beat Parma. Palermo are quite good at home and Parma have only won 2 matches away from home this season.

:thup: Sounds like a fair couple of options. Done. Gonna stick with singles today. See how far that gets me.

NBA betters - is there a minimum amount of games before you can do a points spread across them? There's only 3 matches tonight, and no option for a spread across the three of any kind.

1 Man City -1.5,-2.0 Wolverhampton v Man City

(Asian Handicap) 22/04/2012 None 1.825 To Run

2 Barcelona Barcelona v Chelsea

(To Qualify) 24/04/2012 None 1.40 To Run

3 Montpellier Montpellier v Valenciennes

(Full Time Result) 21/04/2012 None 1.44 Won

Multiples

Bet Type No of Bets Unit Stake Stake To Win Returns

Trebles 1 50.00 50.00 134.53

This one on too from friday.

Bet Confirmation  - GA57024369F  - Flash  Time of bet:  24/04/2012 21:28:42 Print

Selections

No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result

1 Chelsea Barcelona v Chelsea

(To Qualify) 24/04/2012 None 1.61 Won

Stake:  100.00  To Win:  61.54  Returns:  161.54 

In-play betting really is a money-saver.

Some of the winnings from the weekend gone, disappointing in the circumstances. Would still place the same bets if the game was on again tonight, no regrets about them. Chelsea's luck has to run out at some point this season.

Some interesting replies last night like, certainly showed the true colours of a few people.

Some of the winnings from the weekend gone, disappointing in the circumstances. Would still place the same bets if the game was on again tonight, no regrets about them. Chelsea's luck has to run out at some point this season.

Some interesting replies last night like, certainly showed the true colours of a few people.

:thup: you've got to take the losses with the wins otherwise you start chasing and that's not a good situation for anyone (wormy: take note). As much as I like the guy, I do prefer people who go for the value than blindly backing for/against a certain team or manager.

:okay: I try. I really do. I get bored, money's in my account. Suddenly it all goes on random shit.. If I keep my restraint then I can slowly build up my balance from time to time. I've proven it to myself a couple of times. But I just can't keep realistic. :lol:

:okay: I try. I really do. I get bored, money's in my account. Suddenly it all goes on random shit.. If I keep my restraint then I can slowly build up my balance from time to time. I've proven it to myself a couple of times. But I just can't keep realistic. :lol:

Keep a spreadsheet of all your bets: it'll help you to learn where you're going wrong (what type of bets) and instill a sense of discipline into your selections.

PM me with your email address if you want a spreadsheet sent over, it's pretty standard stuff but saves you the hassle of doing it yourself