The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Yeh I had a quick google but could only see what happened if I referred you, not you signing up and saying I told you too

Stick £30 on, maybe it will match what you put on, cheers bro :shifty:

Guest idlebob

What's the best betting sites to join then? Are you lot members on more than one?

In my experience, Hill's have the best odds and are pretty user friendly.  I've signed to numerous other sites for free bet offers, but rarely stray from Hills.  Avoid bwin like the plague, even if their free bets look tempting.  Betfair is best left to experienced punters. 

Couldn't you just upload it to megaupload or similar and PM it to folk who want it?

I'll have it, please.

Will do.  Let you know when it's done

Proper intrigued by this like :lol: Send a copy my way when it's done?

What's the best betting sites to join then? Are you lot members on more than one?

In my experience, Hill's have the best odds and are pretty user friendly.  I've signed to numerous other sites for free bet offers, but rarely stray from Hills.  Avoid bwin like the plague, even if their free bets look tempting.  Betfair is best left to experienced punters. 

Why avoid Bwin? :lol:

Guest Rey Mysterio

Best to have an account with all, and check every bet you fancy on oddschecker beforehand.

My personal favs are 365 and Paddy. Generally plenty of markets, easy sites to navigate, easy iPhone apps, and they don't have any ridiculous max stakes to piss you off at crucial moments!

David28's "some sort of analysing":

1) Check English fixtures: are Man Utd playing? are Man City playing? Pick Man Utd. Pick Man City if they're at home/away against a non top-6 team.

2) Check Spanish fixtures: are Real Madrid playing? Pick Real Madrid.

3) Check German fixtures: are Bayern away from home? Pick opposition.

Put accumulator on all selections for €5-20.

Put €50-100 on Man Utd and/or Real Madrid.

Put €25-50 on Man Utd -1 and/or Real Madrid -1.

Urge others to follow him in.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat. Do it.

[/safety wink]

You're right about Man Utd. A team I probably rely on more than on every other team.

Real Madrid? Do you see me betting on them that often? Surely not, the odds they've normally got are too low to bet on.

Bayern? Well, I don't even really pay attention to the Bundesliga at times - if anything, Dortmund is my team there.

I sometimes bet against Bayern - but not when I hope they'll lose or not when they're just 'playing away from home'. I read and hear stuff which makes me think they're not in the form to win that particular game.

Man City? If you've got the time and if you're in the mood to do it, then please show me how often I've placed my money on them that season.

First of all, I don't want them to win. Second, I've been one of the very, very few people who said all season long they won't win the title because of the mercenary group they've got assembled there.

Last but not least, I've never seriously 'urged' people to follow me. I've told you before, it's their probably if they think they're placing a bet because I did so. I certainly wouldn't follow anyone just because he's won the other week...

Was only jesting my dear fraulein :) joining you with the Special One tonight.

Got on them to win the tie, win the cup and -1

Guest idlebob

Why avoid Bwin? :lol:

Lots of reasons, not least the fact the fact that they tend to offer lousy value, but mostly the tortuous deposit process (because it's a non UK company you may find you have to deposit through neteller etc, incurring charges).  It's one advantage, odds-wise, is that as a pan European bookie their odds market tends, on certain occasions, to be free of the UK market bias you'll find with Hills, PP etc