The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Weeeeeell, the mackems weren't a good pick if I was trying to win money.

[/bettingforNUFC]

I don't understand your post. I assume you're mocking someone?

Eh? I put the mackems into my acca (after seeing your post earlier) and was neither happy/sad that they were losing, now I've got something to cheer me up after they've snuck the equaliser.

Christ on a bike, since when did I 'mock' you? :lol:

Weeeeeell, the mackems weren't a good pick if I was trying to win money.

[/bettingforNUFC]

I don't understand your post. I assume you're mocking someone?

Eh? I put the mackems into my acca (after seeing your post earlier) and was neither happy/sad that they were losing, now I've got something to cheer me up after they've snuck the equaliser.

Christ on a bike, since when did I 'mock' you? :lol:

Didn't say you were mocking me - but you do have a tendency of selectively mocking posters or gloating about things people have said/done in the past after the fact. Also, using too many smilies.

Crossed wires. :thup:

What can I say...people don't like it when you're right...?

EDIT: O0

Erm, that would be dredging up your own correct predictive posts. Which you don't.

What you do is intellectually cowardly, and frankly, quite a pitiable way for a person to spend their time. As you were, you hilarious guy.

Erm, that would be dredging up your own correct predictive posts. Which you don't.

What you do is intellectually cowardly, and frankly, quite a pitiable way for a person to spend their time. As you were, you hilarious guy.

Chomping at this, but only because I have a certain amount of respect for you as a poster and think you're better than that.

The only people who have their views dredged up again are the ones who go OTT about our club or players and let their lazy cliches get in the way of what is actually happening. People who spend their time getting enraged or upset about things that aren't even happening/not true relating to NUFC are far more deserving of your pity than I.

If I've annoyed/upset someone who doesn't fall into this category, I'd be very interested to be corrected. I suspect this will be ignored/rebuffed without foundation.

Chomping at this, but only because I have a certain amount of respect for you as a poster and think you're better than that.

The only people who have their views dredged up again are the ones who go OTT about our club or players and let their lazy cliches get in the way of what is actually happening. People who spend their time getting enraged or upset about things that aren't even happening/not true relating to NUFC are far more deserving of your pity than I.

If I've annoyed/upset someone who doesn't fall into this category, I'd be very interested to be corrected. I suspect this will be ignored/rebuffed without foundation.

A noble revision of your history, but not strictly true is it? Besides which, no one has ordained you, Ronaldo or any other supercilious poster on here as arbiter of what is "OTT" or worthy of your brand of retrospective derision.

And you have most certainly belittled the cathartic posts and opinions of posters in match threads (during their moments of "football rage" - or, at least, the supporter/fan version) after the game in your post-match posts and garnished your catalogue of so-called "over-reactions" with smug laughing smilies.

In fairness we're all human, and most posters on here are guilty of laughing at opinions which most would find nonsensical by consensus/basic agreed tenets of logic (e.g Shola is better than RVP, or Jonas is more deserving of criticism than Obertan etc ) from time to time, but few with the repeated and concerted effort you put in. Often over such excruciatingly trivial things - in such a faux-Socratic bullshit way too (if you don't mind my saying).

(The only example in recent enough memory for me bothering to search for: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,72878.msg3378161.html#msg3378161 - you could full well follow the logic of the article, yet... well, just look at your post.)

Almost always after the fact, too.

Your post about Shola earlier was superb though. Agreed with most of it. If only you could cut out the trolling.

Obviously I'm too lazy and busy to unearth anything else therefore I'm lying. I'm off.

A noble revision of your history, but not strictly true is it? Besides which, no one has ordained you, Ronaldo or any other supercilious poster on here as arbiter of what is "OTT" or worthy of your brand of retrospective derision.

And you have most certainly belittled the cathartic posts and opinions of posters in match threads (during their moments of "football rage" - or, at least, the supporter/fan version) after the game in your post-match posts and garnished your catalogue of so-called "over-reactions" with smug laughing smilies.

In fairness we're all human, and most posters on here are guilty of laughing at opinions which most would find nonsensical by consensus/basic agreed tenets of logic (e.g Shola is better than RVP, or Jonas is more deserving of criticism than Obertan etc ) from time to time, but few with the repeated and concerted effort you put in. Often over such excruciatingly trivial things - in such a faux-Socratic bullshit way too (if you don't mind my saying).

(The only example in recent enough memory for me bothering to search for: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,72878.msg3378161.html#msg3378161 - you could full well follow the logic of the article, yet... well, just look at your post.)

Almost always after the fact, too.

Your post about Shola earlier was superb though. Agreed with most of it. If only you could cut out the trolling.

Obviously I'm too lazy and busy to unearth anything else therefore I'm lying. I'm off.

Fair comment :thup: I was probably picking up on Sifu's sycophantic agreement rather than anything else. He's a nice enough poster but surely he uses ":thup:" far more than I use any other smilies?!

Borussia Dortmund @ 1/4

Win-Draw-Win

Borussia Dortmund v Kaiserslautern Lose

Result

:(

EDIT: come on Lille

Stoke @ 13/8

Draw No Bet

Stoke v Tottenham Pending 

Lille @ 3/10

Win-Draw-Win

Lille v Dijon Pending