The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Guest je85

Okay, how about £400 for Match Result......... returns 266.

Changing the amount doesn't change the odds and the risk vs reward.

Odds don't dictate who will win..... the players do.

Come on dudes....... Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Schwienstiger v no ramiers, no terry, no cahill (?), no meireles?

Isn't that a good chance to make some good money?

Personally, I wouldn't bet such huge amounts. Are you really that confident of a Bayern win?

Not as confident as few weeks back. But still.... I'm a risk taker and all of that. :undecided: :lol:

Guest je85

Come on dudes....... Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Schwienstiger v no ramiers, no terry, no cahill (?), no meireles?

Obviously, but it's risk vs reward. For me this is very high risk for relatively low reward. Good luck though.

On paper Chelsea should have had their arselips torn brutally apart by those Spanish lads.

They did, tbh. It's just that they failed to convert their 4-5 clear cut chances at Stamford Bridge and managed to execute two well worked footballing goals past them at Camp Nou. It was a bizzare and somewhat fortunate night for Chelsea. I just don't see it happening again tonight, tbh.

Obviously, but it's risk vs reward. For me this is very high risk for relatively low reward. Good luck though.

Thanks, mate. But I still might just chicken out.... we'll see.

Personally, I wouldn't bet such huge amounts. Are you really that confident of a Bayern win?

Not as confident as few weeks back. But still.... I'm a risk taker and all of that. :undecided: :lol:

Well, it is your decision in the end. Just want to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into...

Okay, it definitely won't be 600. I'm thinking 400.. that should get me 160. Plus I have another 10 to come if Munich won in 90 minutes as part of a 4 team accy (hearts, w.ham and celta)

Yeah, I feel a lot more relaxed about that.

Does that not start ringing some alarm bells? No value in that.

At the end of the day, when I put a bet down, I look at it from a footballing point of view. I see Bayern as a determined, mentally-tough world class team. I even backed them to win the CL from the start of the season.

Yes, I admit I'm nervous about this.... but then that's only because I'm staking high. Bayern are a much better team than Chelsea, imo. (Who are a bit fortunate to be here in the first place anyway.)

Bayern determinded? Well, Chelsea are. Bayern are arrogant. Just read or listen to Lahm's pre match press conference and you'll agree.

Bayern much better team? Watch last Saturday's game against Dortmund and try that again.

On their day, they might be better (to watch) than Chelsea, but to say they're a much better team is just wrong to say.

Chelsea fortunated? First, you need luck to beat Barcelona. Chelsea didn't have as much luck as I though they'd need but they had luck. Bayern? They've beaten Real on penalties - probably the way in that luck is the biggest factor.

Guest idlebob

I can't find a single bet that remotely appeals on this one.  No value in the market anywhere ante post.  Looks like the in-play for me

Munich are the favourites, but not by the distance that those odds make them seem.

This, absolutely. Of course, for me there was never any question which team I'd back but, if Chelsea had the Bayern odds, I'd have stayed clear of the match.

At the end of the day, when I put a bet down, I look at it from a footballing point of view. I see Bayern as a determined, mentally-tough world class team. I even backed them to win the CL from the start of the season.

Yes, I admit I'm nervous about this.... but then that's only because I'm staking high. Bayern are a much better team than Chelsea, imo. (Who are a bit fortunate to be here in the first place anyway.)

Bayern determinded? Well, Chelsea are. Bayern are arrogant. Just read or listen to Lahm's pre match press conference and you'll agree.

Bayern much better team? Watch last Saturday's game against Dortmund and try that again.

On their day, they might be better (to watch) than Chelsea, but to say they're a much better team is just wrong to say.

Chelsea fortunated? First, you need luck to beat Barcelona. Chelsea didn't have as much luck as I though they'd need but they had luck. Bayern? They've beaten Real on penalties - probably the way in that luck is the biggest factor.

Chelsea are no Dortmund, though.

Did you watch real v munich? They showed they have talent as well as balls, man. They were mentally and physically better. Not bad to come back and go through like that after being 2-0 early on.

And there's nothing lucky about winning shoot-outs. They showed why they're Germans! :)

:spit:

Fucking hell.

Mario Gomez @ 5/4

(Anytime Goal Scorer)

FRANKEL @ 3/10

(Horse Racing Outright)

Hearts @ 11/10

(Match Betting)

West Ham @ 10/11

(Match Betting)

Multiple Type:  4 fold

Stake:  5.00

Possible Return:  58.63

Just need Gomez to score anytime :)

Mario Gomez @ 5/4

(Anytime Goal Scorer)

FRANKEL @ 3/10

(Horse Racing Outright)

Hearts @ 11/10

(Match Betting)

West Ham @ 10/11

(Match Betting)

Multiple Type:  4 fold

Stake:  5.00

Possible Return:  58.63

Just need Gomez to score anytime :)

H will.

Guest je85

Munich are the favourites, but not by the distance that those odds make them seem.

http://i.imgur.com/y68nZ.gif

Guest idlebob

Absence of value in market = 2 choices.

1. Don't bet (sensible)

2. Long odds punt (stupid)

So, that'll be Chelsea and +12 corners and +6 cards @ 80/1 for me then.

Guest je85

Absence of value in market = 2 choices.

1. Don't bet (sensible)

2. Long odds punt (stupid)

So, that'll be Chelsea and +12 corners and +6 cards @ 80/1 for me then.

Corners might be a good market with Bayern's inverted wingers.