The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

I wish I had the balls to stick a 50/1 bet on like

Hate to break it to you but if this is your genuine view of betting on horses then please save yourself a lot of money and never bet on them again. You're simply feeding the bookies' purses by only betting 'to odds' :(

:pokerface:

Thanks for breaking that to me Stu

Hate to break it to you but if this is your genuine view of betting on horses then please save yourself a lot of money and never bet on them again. You're simply feeding the bookies' purses by only betting 'to odds' :(

:lol:

I don't think you understand, horse racing doesn't run to implied odds as strongly as (for example) a football match.

Forgive me if I'm asking you about sucking eggs, but do you understand how odds (prices) are derived?

I don't think you understand, horse racing doesn't run to implied odds as strongly as (for example) a football match.

Forgive me if I'm asking you about sucking eggs, but do you understand how odds (prices) are derived?

It was just canny condescending tbh. "never bet on horses again" :lol:  I don't fully understand how horse betting works, and probably never will as I very rarely bet on it, but I still like to stick the odd one on every now and then.

It was just canny condescending tbh. "never bet on horses again" :lol:  I don't fully understand how horse betting works, and probably never will as I very rarely bet on it, but I still like to stick the odd one on every now and then.

Well that makes it even more strange that you would let the odds of a horse sway you from backing it, especially as your opening remark was you'd never have the balls to back a 50/1 priced horse. If it's just an occasional flutter, why on earth WOULDN'T you chance a higher price? :lol:

Resisted any further temptations to bet today and withdrew the lot from my account. Going to try and build up a nice profit to play with on the Euros.

Thats to much of a sensible sentiment !

IF Elfsborg @ 11/10

(Match Betting)

St Patricks @ 1/4

(Match Betting)

Derry City @ 11/20

(Match Betting)

Shamrock Rovers @ 1/3

(Match Betting)

Shelbourne @ 23/20

(Match Betting)

Sligo Rovers @ 1/3

(Match Betting)

Multiple Type:  6 fold

Stake:  10.00

Possible Return:  155.44

Really don't know what the f*** I've just done

1 down 5 to go

Told you Elfsborg would win :shifty:

Thanks! :aww:

Anderson, you're taking the piss right? :lol: I was planning on you being in here for the next few days off that!!

With what MW/Hans(I think?) said, would anyone be up for a sweepstake type thing on a race of some kind? Sounded canny interesting. I understand the initial thrill of forum bets has worn off on the majority, though. :lol:

Anderson, you're taking the piss right? :lol: I was planning on you being in here for the next few days off that!

Already lost £20 of it. :yao:

Only another £113 to go. :yao:

:lol: More than that. :naughty:

I tried to be a clever shit tonight and put a couple bets on the rugby, obviously in full blown 'I have no idea what I'm doing' mode. Anyway, I flinched after nothing happened in the first quarter of an hour, put an in-play bet on the opposite outcome to try and cover my potential losses, but in the end my main bet came in. So all in all it was a bit of a mindfuck :lol: Think it only ended up being about a £10-15 loss though.

:lol: Awesome. Was tempted to get involved in it tonight but figured if there's no accys to make it's not worth the hassle. Can't believe I ended the day up. God bless my safety late Lucky 15 and Elfsborg.

I want to start throwing shit on the basketball so bad but I know it'll end in tears.